dnac59

VISA FEE HELP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

This is my first time posting here and I think this is the right place to ask. I have searched all around the internet and this forum site is by far the best and most comprehensive.

I am trying to find the actual payment fees for each step of the K-1 visa application process. Let me write down what I know and please feel free to add-on/correct/advice or whatever that needs to be done. Thank you for the help, I am sure this is only the beginning, as I know I will need further help. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. FYI, I am applying for a K-1 Visa in the Philippines.

These are the processes and fees that I have researched:

K-1 application: $455

the next step I am unsure about, there is a $350 charge for my fiance when she goes for interview. Can someone please break this down as to what this fee includes? Does this include the fee for the visa, interview, processing, etc...

Medical Examination: $213.35 (does this cover all costs for the medical exam? excluding repeat tests?)

I guess this is all the fees I have found. This doesn't include the change of status/adjustment of status after marriage.

PLS FEEL FREE TO ADD ON WHAT I AM MISSING AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION.

thank you so much

Filed: Country: Liberia
Timeline

Greetings!

This is my first time posting here and I think this is the right place to ask. I have searched all around the internet and this forum site is by far the best and most comprehensive.

I am trying to find the actual payment fees for each step of the K-1 visa application process. Let me write down what I know and please feel free to add-on/correct/advice or whatever that needs to be done. Thank you for the help, I am sure this is only the beginning, as I know I will need further help. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. FYI, I am applying for a K-1 Visa in the Philippines.

These are the processes and fees that I have researched:

K-1 application: $455

the next step I am unsure about, there is a $350 charge for my fiance when she goes for interview. Can someone please break this down as to what this fee includes? Does this include the fee for the visa, interview, processing, etc...

Medical Examination: $213.35 (does this cover all costs for the medical exam? excluding repeat tests?)

I guess this is all the fees I have found. This doesn't include the change of status/adjustment of status after marriage.

PLS FEEL FREE TO ADD ON WHAT I AM MISSING AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION.

thank you so much

yes everything you have is right.the 455 is the petition fee,the 350 is the visa fee,the 213.35 is the medical fee.all cover everything.good luck.

Timeline

yes everything you have is right.the 455 is the petition fee,the 350 is the visa fee,the 213.35 is the medical fee.all cover everything.good luck.

Is there any other fees required once my fiance is in the US Embassy? Other than the $350?

I'd rather be prepared when she goes in knowing what to expect rather than going in blind and not having enough money for fees.

Thanks for your quick reply

Filed: Country: Liberia
Timeline

Is there any other fees required once my fiance is in the US Embassy? Other than the $350?

I'd rather be prepared when she goes in knowing what to expect rather than going in blind and not having enough money for fees.

Thanks for your quick reply

the only fees you guys will need is the 350 for the visa.i don't know about anyother fees.once you pay the medical fees that should it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Philippines is a little more complicated and you should wait for answers from any of the numerous Philippine members.

For example, I am not sure what is included in the medical fee, if what you listed is all inclusive.

Additionally, inside the Embassy I believe there is an additional fee (although small) for the DHL courier (actually equivalent of DHL courier since the Philippines does not use that service) of the passport with Visa.

Keep in mind the $350 Visa applicant fee does cover the application, interview and processing but it is per applicant, which means if the fiance(e) has a dependent child that will be an additional $350.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

I'd start thinking about and saving money for Adjustment of Status - $1010. It is after the visa issuance and marriage but some people get surprised with the price due to insufficient research and preparation.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

I'd start thinking about and saving money for Adjustment of Status - $1010. It is after the visa issuance and marriage but some people get surprised with the price due to insufficient research and preparation.

I actually already know about the adjustment of status fee, but that I can handle since she would already be here and I can just pay for it with her. I am more worried about if she goes to the Embassy in Manila because she will be by herself and I don't want her to be lacking financially.

So you say that there will be other fees such as the fee for sending the visa through DHL (or any courier equivalent) and maybe other smaller fees?

Is there anyone here that would know approximately how much that would be in pesos? Or a recommendation as to how much she should bring with her?

Thanks guys for the replies

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You might want to locate any Philippine member that has gone through the interview. You would be better off looking in the forum US Embassy and Consulate discussion which is appropriate for the Embassy interview and other processes. I know the Phils have a CFO seminar and seal required for the passport separate from the interview. You really need to contact a Phils person or read many Manila postings in the OTHER forum I mentioned.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If her visa is approved, they will let her pay the delivery fee. It's around Php240.

Edited by scotty's girl

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Only other fee is the CFO fee if she passes the interview and also the big one..........air fare and expenses to travel to the USA.

Good luck at the interview.

She also needs a police certificate and birth certificate, which can cost some money depending on the country.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.