one...two...tree

The GOP's Facebook Anti-Semites

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

by Nick Bauman

Israel is responsible for 9/11, Al Qaeda is "100% state sponsored by Zionist Jews," and White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel is actually an agent for Mossad, the Israeli spy agency—at least according to posts on the Republican National Committee's Facebook page. (You can see screen shots of some of the posts below.)

Several avowedly anti-Semitic commenters regularly posted on the national GOP's Facebook wall, encouraging tea partiers and "White, Black, Spanish, [and] Asian" people to "arm yourselves" and rise up against the "Zionist Jews" who, they claim, control the country and the media. They linked to a site that hosts purported versions of the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and promoted 9/11 "truth" theories that allege "Israeli agents carried out the attacks."

The RNC could easily have deleted these comments—it's as easy as clicking "remove" if an administrator is signed in to the account—or blocked the users who were posting them. Even if the RNC decided it didn't have the resources to monitor its Facebook wall, it could have simply disabled the ability to comment on its wall. When Mother Jones contacted the committee for comment Thursday morning, the RNC disabled its Facebook discussion board, but not its wall containing the anti-Semitic comment. When a Mother Jones reporter explained the difference between a Facebook discussion board and a wall, RNC spokesman Doug Heye promised the wall "will be down shortly." "We're interested in a civil debate, and any rhetoric or language that is out of bounds is not something we're interested in hosting and not something we're interested in hearing," Heye said. "We have decided we are better off closing down our discussion page." That's what Organizing for America has done with Barack Obama's Facebook page. (The White House's wall, however, is still live.) But until it was contacted by Mother Jones, the RNC allowed commenting to continue unabated—and apparently unmoderated.

Screen shots of the RNC posts follow below. You can also look at a large (11.7 MB) PDF of the posts from the month of July.rnc-facebook-posts.gif

http://motherjones.c...ok-anti-semites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh yeah, the rnc is responsible for what someone posts on facebook :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

exactly, sofiyya. i could start a democrat facebook page and do the same thing - that does not mean it nor the posters are authentic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

being bored at work, i took a look at the facebook page listed.

interesting it didn't list some of the posts your link has. neither jennifer grey nor shelly adams (in the pic you posted) are spotted on the main facebook page.

i'm smelling photoshop....

look for yourself if you don't believe me. extend the page by clicking older posts several time to get the bottom of the page past 20 july. do a search on jennifer grey or shelly adams.

then note that in your pdf, jennifer gray posted 23 july but it's not on the facebook page. :whistle:

http://www.facebook.com/GOP?ref=ts#!/GOP?v=wall&ref=ts

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
What's up with paying homage to Mao in your signature. Last time I checked he was responsible for the deaths of 10s of millions of his own people....

I was wondering that myself.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

What's up with paying homage to Mao in your signature. Last time I checked he was responsible for the deaths of 10s of millions of his own people....

China owns us.

Paying homage? :rofl: It's political commentary and apparently above your comprehension. For a guy who follows finances, you might want to read up on the U.S.'s unhealthy dependence on China, which still is a totalitarian communist government. As for paying homage...actions speak louder than words. I'm willing to bet you've given a great deal of your money supporting the Chinese government with the consumer choices you've made and continue to make. Add to your anti-Christian pics on your signature and you've got yourself a whole lot of irony.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

China owns us.

Paying homage? :rofl: It's political commentary and apparently above your comprehension. For a guy who follows finances, you might want to read up on the U.S.'s unhealthy dependence on China, which still is a totalitarian communist government. As for paying homage...actions speak louder than words. I'm willing to bet you've given a great deal of your money supporting the Chinese government with the consumer choices you've made and continue to make. Add to your anti-Christian pics on your signature and you've got yourself a whole lot of irony.

So you have a picture of Mao in your sig because China owns us?

Newsflash: Mao has been dead for 35 years!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

So you have a picture of Mao in your sig because China owns us?

Newsflash: Mao has been dead for 35 years!

No wonder you are anti-religious. You have no understanding of symbolism.

Timeline

No wonder you are anti-religious. You have no understanding of symbolism.

We probably have different perspectives for what Mao symbolizes. As a direct result of his policies at least 20 million Chinese died of starvation. I don't know about you, but starving to death would seem a terrible way to go. And we aren't talking about 20 or 200 or 2,000 or 20,000 or 200,000 or 2,000,000 people, but at least 20,000,000...That would be enough people to wipe out the entire population of North Korea, a country you probably think the US should take notes from politically.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

China owns us.

Barry doesn't mind our dependence on ChiComm money. Is your siggy a criticism of his fiscal policies?

Timeline

China owns us.

What's even more ironic is the guy in your sig is responsible for the starvation of at least 20,000,000 people. You are ok with that, but if 1 small fish dies........

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

We probably have different perspectives for what Mao symbolizes. As a direct result of his policies at least 20 million Chinese died of starvation. I don't know about you, but starving to death would seem a terrible way to go. And we aren't talking about 20 or 200 or 2,000 or 20,000 or 200,000 or 2,000,000 people, but at least 20,000,000...That would be enough people to wipe out the entire population of North Korea, a country you probably think the US should take notes from politically.

I would suggest you put your money where you mouth is and stop buying anything manufactured in China because people are imprisoned, tortured and killed by the Chinese government right now.

Timeline

What's even more ironic is the guy in your sig is responsible for the starvation of at least 20,000,000 people. You are ok with that, but if 1 small fish dies........

:rofl: You and your lofty indignation over a stupid photo that you've interpreted when you buy products from countries like China where people are imprisoned, tortured and murdered so that you can enjoy the quality of life you have.

:thumbs:I got a give you credit though for trolling this thread and derailing it when it obviously shows a very embarrassing aspect of those who support the Republican Party.

Edited by El Buscador