82 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

anyone from Philippines f3 category PD is 2009 (wendz)

Hi wendz,

I just want to know if your PD is 2009,does it meant that 2009 you are given a case number?

Also, from 2009,aside from I-130 filing fee, what else had your petitioner have paid?

I cannot find a timeline for F3 and all the fees that needs to be prepared.

Any ideas on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Any news about the VB in coming June? Thanks.

USCIS

(August)08/2002 I-130 Mail to California

(September)09/2004 NOA1 (Received)

(Apr)04/2009 NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

(May)05/2009 NVC case number assigned

(Oct)10/2010 NVC DS3032

(Oct)10/2010 NVC AOS and IV Fee Paid

(Dec)12/2010 NVC P3 Completed

P4 (IV Interview Pending)

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My mother is a US citizen and she filed the application for me, my wife and daughter in March 2006. In May 2010, I received a letter stating that the Green Card has been approved and that I must be ready anytime to undergo medical and that the US Embassy in Jakarta will contact me the moment the Visa number is available. I am Indian and live and work in Indonesia. Till date there has been no contact. My worry is that my mother is 77 years old. What happens, in case my mother is not alive till the time Visa number gets assigned to us. Does the application become void or do I still remain in contention for the GC. My daughter is 21 this year and studying in US. My brother is also US citizen. In case something happens to my mother, can my brother become the sponsor. Lots of queries. Could anyone answer. Any enlightenment would be highly appreciated

Timeline

My mother is a US citizen and she filed the application for me, my wife and daughter in March 2006. In May 2010, I received a letter stating that the Green Card has been approved and that I must be ready anytime to undergo medical and that the US Embassy in Jakarta will contact me the moment the Visa number is available. I am Indian and live and work in Indonesia. Till date there has been no contact. My worry is that my mother is 77 years old. What happens, in case my mother is not alive till the time Visa number gets assigned to us. Does the application become void or do I still remain in contention for the GC. My daughter is 21 this year and studying in US. My brother is also US citizen. In case something happens to my mother, can my brother become the sponsor. Lots of queries. Could anyone answer. Any enlightenment would be highly appreciate

Anyway, best wishes for your mom's health. In case the bad thing happen,you need find another relative in US to continue to be a substitute Pentiorioner for your case, there is still possible you get the immigrant Visa. Cause you have been approved by USCIS.

Please see the following link which will be helpful to you: http://www.***removed***/forum/archive/index.php/t-89405.html

Subject: Request for Humanitarian Reinstatement

National Visa Center

Attn: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is with regards to my application for immigration with NVC Case No. ______________________.

As I am aware that my immigration application is revoked since the death of my father _________________________(Petitioner) who died on __________________________, may I request your good office for a humanitarian reinstatement of my visa petition. The reasons for my request of reinstatement are as follows:

1. My aging mother (petitioner’s common-law wife) who lives in San Jose, California since the year 1993 is now at the bereavement stage and considering her age at 78 years old and deteriorating health conditions, my presence and care to her in the U.S. is indeed necessary.

2. Either one of my three brothers who are living in Stockton, San Diego and Fremont California are very much willing to execute an Affidavit of Support (Substitute Sponsor) to me. They are now in the process of filling-up the form (I-864) and to be submitted to NVC as soon as possible.

3. I might say I have a strong family ties in the United States since my mother and my three siblings are living in the U.S. for more than 15 years. Reuniting with them after more than a decade is my wish to God that you can possibly grant to me.

I hope and pray for your favorable decision regarding my case. Thank you and God bless.

USCIS

NVC

(Oct)10/2010 NVC DS3032

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyway, best wishes for your mom's health. In case the bad thing happen,you need find another relative in US to continue to be a substitute Pentiorioner for your case, there is still possible you get the immigrant Visa. Cause you have been approved by USCIS.

Please see the following link which will be helpful to you: http://www.***removed***/forum/archive/index.php/t-89405.html

Subject: Request for Humanitarian Reinstatement

National Visa Center

Attn: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is with regards to my application for immigration with NVC Case No. ______________________.

As I am aware that my immigration application is revoked since the death of my father _________________________(Petitioner) who died on __________________________, may I request your good office for a humanitarian reinstatement of my visa petition. The reasons for my request of reinstatement are as follows:

1. My aging mother (petitioner’s common-law wife) who lives in San Jose, California since the year 1993 is now at the bereavement stage and considering her age at 78 years old and deteriorating health conditions, my presence and care to her in the U.S. is indeed necessary.

2. Either one of my three brothers who are living in Stockton, San Diego and Fremont California are very much willing to execute an Affidavit of Support (Substitute Sponsor) to me. They are now in the process of filling-up the form (I-864) and to be submitted to NVC as soon as possible.

3. I might say I have a strong family ties in the United States since my mother and my three siblings are living in the U.S. for more than 15 years. Reuniting with them after more than a decade is my wish to God that you can possibly grant to me.

I hope and pray for your favorable decision regarding my case. Thank you and God bless.

Thank you so much for this information. Would it be possible to add my brother as a co sponsor/Co Petitioner now itself. If that is done would my PD change.

Regards

Timeline

Thank you so much for this information. Would it be possible to add my brother as a co sponsor/Co Petitioner now itself. If that is done would my PD change.

Regards

Definitely you can do it. Although I didn't see a real case. But technically it works. God bless you.

USCIS

NVC

(Oct)10/2010 NVC DS3032

Timeline

Regards

BTW, this following information will be more helpful you. Cause it is an official website of US Embassy Mexico.

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/frequently-asked-questions.html#dies

What happens if the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary has immigrated to the United States?

If the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary has immigrated to the United States, the petition is automatically revoked pursuant to 8 CFR 205.1(a)(3). This means that the consular officer will not be able to issue a visa to any of the beneficiaries of the petition and will be required to return the petition to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If there are compelling humanitarian circumstances, the consular officer may recommend that DHS reinstate the petition. Alternatively, the applicant may contact the DHS office that approved the petition to request that it be reinstated for humanitarian reasons. If DHS reinstates the petition, the Consulate will contact the applicant(s) soon thereafter.

USCIS

NVC

(Oct)10/2010 NVC DS3032

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi everyone my PD is Feb 09..what do U guys feel about the new reform bill..if passed??

It's still a proposal by 8 Senatoes. There are still 92 Seenators and 400+ reprenatives who wants to amend it during deliveration.

There is no way to know what the final version. And all the details will look like.

Will the F4 category still be around?

How much will the F3 category change?

The version that passes (if immigration reform actually happens) could be very differ the current proposal.

No one can tell you what will happen to you when no one has any credible details.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes I know all that I was only asking what they thought so far...or am I not aloud to ask because it might not get passed or it could change???

Don't get huffy. Not saying you can't ask. Just telling you no one can give you an answer since Congress is changing the proposal every day. No one can tell you what will happen in the F3 category, much less answer what may happen to a beneficiary with a 2009 PD.

You can ask, but no one has a answer. Not even Congress could answer your question at this point.

Edited by aaron2020

Hi mellow thanks for link...now if this passes my husband is 31 but we have ours potition processed and priority date feb09..ours would still be accepted as he was only 26 when we applied??? What do U think???

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.