lejla

So confused with this process :(

23 posts in this topic

Hi guys!! My fiance and I are in the process of gathering all the documents and paperwork we need for I-129F but i'm so confused with some of the things that they said we need. First i don't get this criminal record thing, neither me or my fiance have ever been convicted, do we still need a certificate stating that we havnen't been legally prosecuted? Then, do we need a certificate stating that we have never been married before? Oh and another thing, how much really is this petition?? On some pages it says $350 and another says $455. :S

I would really appreciate all the info :))

Hi guys!! My fiance and I are in the process of gathering all the documents and paperwork we need for I-129F but i'm so confused with some of the things that they said we need. First i don't get this criminal record thing, neither me or my fiance have ever been convicted, do we still need a certificate stating that we havnen't been legally prosecuted? Then, do we need a certificate stating that we have never been married before? Oh and another thing, how much really is this petition?? On some pages it says $350 and another says $455. :S

Yes, the fiance needs a police certificate from everywhere they've lived since the age of 16. Even if you've never been convicted of anything, they need to know that.

No, you don't need a certificate stating you've never been married before. Just answer the questions honestly on the I-129F and the G-325A.

To send in the I-129F package, which is the first package to get the process started, the fee is $455.

The $350 is what is paid on the date of the interview to have your Visa issued to you.

The process can be a bit overwhelming if you're just getting started. I strongly recommend reading the guides as well as the example forms that VJ provides. They really help in making sense of it all.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Coconuts

Yes, you need a police certificate. Even if you've never been convicted of anything, they need to know that.

No, you don't need a certificate stating you've never been married before. Just answer the questions honestly on the I-129F and the G-325A.

To send in the I-129F package, which is the first package to get the process started, the fee is $455.

The $350 is what is paid on the date of the interview to have your Visa issued to you.

The process can be a bit overwhelming if you're just getting started. I strongly recomment reading the guides as well as the example forms that VJ provides. They really help in making sense of it all.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Coconuts! Just one more thing, this police certificate is it something the both of us need to have or just my fiance? Cause he's the petitioner and i'm just waiting for him to do all that. lol :P

Thanks, Coconuts! Just one more thing, this police certificate is it something the both of us need to have or just my fiance? Cause he's the petitioner and i'm just waiting for him to do all that. lol :P

Just the fiance. :)

Only the Beneficiary, so that would be the Alien Fiance, needs the police certificate and they have until the interview to get it.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Just the fiance. :)

A 'fiancé' is a male engaged to be married; 'fiancée' is a female engaged to be married.

The one who needs a police certificate is the visa applicant, the one who is NOT the US Citizen.

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Thanks!!! :D

you will need a police certificate too, they require that for your interview at the US Embassy in your country :yes:

God Bless

Patty ♥

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The police checks and paperwork for same are required for the foreign fiance(e ), and are turned in on interview day.

Namechecks occur on both, see http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

THE USC PETITIONER does not have to submit paperwork with the initial I-129F submittal, unless he/she was convicted of a felony, or was arrested PRIOR to filing for any 'VAWA-related offense'.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the others who replied forgot to mention IF your fiance has no record you DO NOT need proof of that for the I-129F petition package, only when it comes to the consulate stage. So you don't need it right, only in a couple months.

What helps me was literally doing it only one step and a half at a time. I'd strictly read what I needed now, and what to expect from the next step and been going along fine. Things eventually come together and make sense so you can look further down the road.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I see some other did reply correctly, I just didn't read far enough. OOPS!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

A 'fiancé' is a male engaged to be married; 'fiancée' is a female engaged to be married.

The one who needs a police certificate is the visa applicant, the one who is NOT the US Citizen.

Which is exactly what I said. Thanks.

Ok, another question. My fiance has lived in 4 different states since the age of 16, does he need police records from all of the 4 states???

Ok, I seem to be confused. Your fiancé is the US citizen? He does not need a police certificate. If you are the one that is moving to the States, you will need a police certificate to bring with you to your interview at the US Embassy in your country.

Ok, I seem to be confused. Your fiancé is the US citizen? He does not need a police certificate. If you are the one that is moving to the States, you will need a police certificate to bring with you to your interview at the US Embassy in your country.

Oh ok, i got it now cause i was confused once again with all these stories. So yes, i'm the one that is moving to the States. I was just confused cause when i read the guide, at the end it said provide certified copies of all court and police records, so i wasn't sure for who it was.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.