The_Dude

What If?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What if, the bill as it currently stands with the provisions currently struck down was enacted on a federal level with the following additions.

1) E-Verify mandated for all employment.

2) All illegal aliens arrested for any crime, regardless of severity are deported.

3) Any employer found to have employed illegal aliens fined $250,000 per offense.

4) 3% sales tax to actually fund ICE and other levels of law enforcement to effectuate all of this.

I don't think a lot of people realize that we won't be able to secure our borders without paying a price, both in taxes and the increse in consumer prices. I would be willing to pay it.

What if, the bill as it currently stands with the provisions currently struck down was enacted on a federal level with the following additions.

1) E-Verify mandated for all employment.

2) All illegal aliens arrested for any crime, regardless of severity are deported.

3) Any employer found to have employed illegal aliens fined $250,000 per offense.

4) 3% sales tax to actually fund ICE and other levels of law enforcement to effectuate all of this.

I don't think a lot of people realize that we won't be able to secure our borders without paying a price, both in taxes and the increse in consumer prices. I would be willing to pay it.

Typical Lib no CUTS! Just higher taxes! :help: How bout we use Mexicos immigration laws.

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Typical Lib no CUTS! Just higher taxes! :help: How bout we use Mexicos immigration laws.

Marc, what would you cut? Lemme guess. Lets cut all educational spending and all unemployment.

Filed: Timeline

How bout we use Mexicos immigration laws.

How about we use laws that are in keeping with our traditions.

As for cuts... once the policy works itself through we can lay off a bunch of ICE people. You'll have your cuts.

OH and we won't even have to pay them unemployment! More cuts! :lol:

It seems, however, that hypocrites don’t just reside here en los Estados Unidos. Mexican President Felipe Calderon Monday provided proof positive of that fact when he condemned Arizona's tough new immigration law as discriminatory and warned that relations with the U.S. border state will suffer. Stating that the new Arizona law, which makes it a crime under state as well as federal law to enter the U.S. illegally, "opens the door to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement," el Senor Calderon advanced the cause of hypocrites everywhere by light years.

It’s either that, or Calderon must have forgotten how his own country treats illegal immigrants. You see, it’s also a crime to enter Mexico illegally, but the penalties are much, much harsher than just getting a ride back to the border. For example, an illegal immigrant caught in Mexico can be fined $450 and deported, and if they’re caught entering illegally a second time, they can spend 10 years in prison. Furthermore, local Mexican police must assist the Federales in apprehending illegal immigrants, just as in Arizona. And remember all those immigrants demonstrating in the streets of Phoenix protesting this law? Why, it’s illegal in Mexico for non-citizens to protest government actions! Maybe we should be more like Mexico, after all.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

It seems, however, that hypocrites don’t just reside here en los Estados Unidos. Mexican President Felipe Calderon Monday provided proof positive of that fact when he condemned Arizona's tough new immigration law as discriminatory and warned that relations with the U.S. border state will suffer. Stating that the new Arizona law, which makes it a crime under state as well as federal law to enter the U.S. illegally, "opens the door to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement," el Senor Calderon advanced the cause of hypocrites everywhere by light years.

It’s either that, or Calderon must have forgotten how his own country treats illegal immigrants. You see, it’s also a crime to enter Mexico illegally, but the penalties are much, much harsher than just getting a ride back to the border. For example, an illegal immigrant caught in Mexico can be fined $450 and deported, and if they’re caught entering illegally a second time, they can spend 10 years in prison. Furthermore, local Mexican police must assist the Federales in apprehending illegal immigrants, just as in Arizona. And remember all those immigrants demonstrating in the streets of Phoenix protesting this law? Why, it’s illegal in Mexico for non-citizens to protest government actions! Maybe we should be more like Mexico, after all.

Now where did you cut and paste that from marc, please provide a link.

Second, you haven't answered my question, where would you make cuts to fund a comprehensive immigration legislature? I'd rather pay taxes now then sell more bonds to china.....

Republicans hate brown people so much that they'd pay extra tax to have them deported. And God knows, Republicans hate paying taxes.

Let me ask you genious, under your pipedream, no matter how severe the crime is illegals are deported. So what happens when an illegal commits murder? Just deport them? Right? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Republicans hate brown people so much that they'd pay extra tax to have them deported. And God knows, Republicans hate paying taxes.

Let me ask you genious, under your pipedream, no matter how severe the crime is illegals are deported. So what happens when an illegal commits murder? Just deport them? Right? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

Actually, the only Republican respondent in this thread so far has already chimed in saying he opposes new taxes and would rather cut Medicaid and army pensions.

Edited by Legacy member

Marc, what would you cut? Lemme guess. Lets cut all educational spending and all unemployment.

Yep! Totally get rid of education funding! Its done so much good you know. The unemployment offices should all be eliminated. Unemployment should be funded from the individual through a auto withdrawal from wages and invested in safe investments such as cd's or regular savings accounts. When the money is gone, its gone! If never used can be applied like 401k rules.

All schools should be private. With the savings of property taxes it would make it easier for ppl to afford schools of their choice. They do it with universities already.

― Andrew Wilkow

1) E-Verify mandated for all employment - including access to any government service.

5) Modernize Constitution and bring it inline with other first world countries, by removing automatic citizenship at birth. Basically, one parent must be a citizen period.

Fixed

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Agreed. Although I suspect you wouldn't actually need 3% sales tax to pay for this. Probably less, but I'm guessing.

Well, ICE is horribly underfunded, and if there is to be an escalation in securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws, there is going to be the initial capital outlay for new hires, training, equipment, and then a lower need as they sort everything out.

Yep! Totally get rid of education funding! Its done so much good you know. The unemployment offices should all be eliminated. Unemployment should be funded from the individual through a auto withdrawal from wages and invested in safe investments such as cd's or regular savings accounts. When the money is gone, its gone! If never used can be applied like 401k rules.

All schools should be private. With the savings of property taxes it would make it easier for ppl to afford schools of their choice. They do it with universities already.

They have this approach in a range of countries called the third world. And we can see how well it's worked there. Actually a lot of Repub/libertarian fiscal policies are in place in those countries.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Well, ICE is horribly underfunded, and if there is to be an escalation in securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws, there is going to be the initial capital outlay for new hires, training, equipment, and then a lower need as they sort everything out.

Or we could, as our good friend Marc has said, simply defund public schools, all public universities and use the saved money to kick some illegal butt. It would make the uneducated feel so good.