6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Once most people decide that they are going to file for a visa, the first thing they decide is whether K1 or CR1. After that decision is in place, they next try to look up all the forms that have to be filled out and get that information filled in.

Most people prefer to type rather than hand-write everything (at least I do) but those forms just don't seem to cooperate so well with the Fillable PDF option. What if you want to enter "N/A" into a field that only accepts numbers? Or what if you want to enter "NONE" but it is not letting you?

What if you want to enter the FULL address for your beneficiary's third world country. You are limited to only a few characters in those fields, but your wife tells you her complete address must be written as

"35/2 Green Road, Second Floor, Rear Flat, Next to the Fire Station, Santa Vihar Extension, Ghajanpur, New Delhi, India 110090." Miss one thing and the mail won't get there. Oh and make sure to write one or two phone numbers on the envelope two just in case the courier gets confused.

Anyhow to solve a lot of these problems I have been using a pretty versatile PDF software to fill out all the forms in this process. The software is PDF Filler available at www.pdffiller.com

The online software is pretty easy to use and you can do things like change text size, position the answer anywhere you want, and you don't have to worry about entering N/A or NONE into a field that only accepts numbers.

There is some type of a yearly fee if you want to get all the features of PDF Filler - but it is not that much. I think some features are available free, but I do not remember the details.

There is one BIG caveat to note when using PDF Filler. The software is not very good when you download PDF files. The quality of electronic PDF files it produces is somewhat degraded in quality. However, PDF Filler does not seem to have the same low quality if you choose to PRINT directly from the online PDF Filler software itself. In that case the quality is preserved and you will get crisply printed PDFs. Also it is recommended that you print the final file onto a Laser Printer if you have it (not inkjet).

Also please make sure also to check the Bar Code on any PDFs that you print. The I130 and I129F both have barcodes in the lower left and if these are somewhat skewed it could pose a problem. PDF Filler also has pretty good customer support if you ever need to ask them any questions.

I guess I am a bit more technical so I understand how to work around software limitations because of my consulting background. But for forms like DS-230, G325-A, I-864 and others that have to be filled, PDF Filler seems to be a really good choice because of its flexibility.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - did you do any acid test with Foxit, as well? I'm huge fan of Foxit, but never 'pegged a test' for 'full address' thingie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OMG... ummmm ok

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nice.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

What if you want to enter the FULL address for your beneficiary's third world country. You are limited to only a few characters in those fields, but your wife tells you her complete address must be written as

"35/2 Green Road, Second Floor, Rear Flat, Next to the Fire Station, Santa Vihar Extension, Ghajanpur, New Delhi, India 110090." Miss one thing and the mail won't get there. Oh and make sure to write one or two phone numbers on the envelope two just in case the courier gets confused.

uaahhhhh.... :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

why not give GPS coordinates or LAT LONG lines? hahaah

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Once most people decide that they are going to file for a visa, the first thing they decide is whether K1 or CR1. After that decision is in place, they next try to look up all the forms that have to be filled out and get that information filled in.

Most people prefer to type rather than hand-write everything (at least I do) but those forms just don't seem to cooperate so well with the Fillable PDF option. What if you want to enter "N/A" into a field that only accepts numbers? Or what if you want to enter "NONE" but it is not letting you?

Anyhow to solve a lot of these problems I have been using a pretty versatile PDF software to fill out all the forms in this process. The software is PDF Filler available at www.pdffiller.com

The online software is pretty easy to use and you can do things like change text size, position the answer anywhere you want, and you don't have to worry about entering N/A or NONE into a field that only accepts numbers.

There is some type of a yearly fee if you want to get all the features of PDF Filler - but it is not that much. I think some features are available free, but I do not remember the details.

There is one BIG caveat to note when using PDF Filler. The software is not very good when you download PDF files. The quality of electronic PDF files it produces is somewhat degraded in quality. However, PDF Filler does not seem to have the same low quality if you choose to PRINT directly from the online PDF Filler software itself. In that case the quality is preserved and you will get crisply printed PDFs. Also it is recommended that you print the final file onto a Laser Printer if you have it (not inkjet).

Also please make sure also to check the Bar Code on any PDFs that you print. The I130 and I129F both have barcodes in the lower left and if these are somewhat skewed it could pose a problem. PDF Filler also has pretty good customer support if you ever need to ask them any questions.

I guess I am a bit more technical so I understand how to work around software limitations because of my consulting background. But for forms like DS-230, G325-A, I-864 and others that have to be filled, PDF Filler seems to be a really good choice because of its flexibility.

ok i got around this problem like this (fortunately, i have the full version of acrobat, so i can do this; not sure if you can save in other formats with the adobe reader). save any problematic pdf page (where there is not enough space - i leave those fields blank) as a jpeg file in acrobat. then open ms word and open a blank page and insert the jpeg file and enlarge it to fit the page. so now this thing pretty much looks like a real page. then for the missing fields, insert a text box (w/o borders or anything) using reduced font size as necessary. filled out all my forms this way. alternatively you can also open pdfs in ms word now (i think)(???), so only 1 step may be needed. anyway, hope this helps, cuz not everyone may have full acrobat (you may have it in your office computer tho)...

also, if you have the full version, you can use the wonderful typewriter tool where the font can be adjusted...

forgot to mention that you can always just put it in a separate sheet of paper and write "see attached for qyestion # xx") - works just as well...

Edited by hobokenworkingman

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.