15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey how ya'll doin? me and my wife are in the process of her AOS. she just got her EAD 3 weeks ago. but today we receive a letter from USCIS

indicating that. " the petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirement set by USCIS with yearly income alone."

I-864-Affidavit of support: please submit a copy of a current checking and savings account statement indicating the ending balance.

if the primary sponsor or the petitioner cannot meet the income requirement, he or she may submit one of the following.

what should i do ya'll? i submitted my bank statements with the AOS that we did and i don't see the point of submitting the same

papers with the same amount of balances. do ya'll think that i should just ask my aunt that is a nurse that has a stable income to

help me out and be a joint sponsor? i know my income for the past months a pretty low than when i filed for her K1 visa last 2009.

thanks ya'll in advance! cheers!

-charlie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey how ya'll doin? me and my wife are in the process of her AOS. she just got her EAD 3 weeks ago. but today we receive a letter from USCIS

indicating that. " the petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirement set by USCIS with yearly income alone."

I-864-Affidavit of support: please submit a copy of a current checking and savings account statement indicating the ending balance.

if the primary sponsor or the petitioner cannot meet the income requirement, he or she may submit one of the following.

what should i do ya'll? i submitted my bank statements with the AOS that we did and i don't see the point of submitting the same

papers with the same amount of balances. do ya'll think that i should just ask my aunt that is a nurse that has a stable income to

help me out and be a joint sponsor? i know my income for the past months a pretty low than when i filed for her K1 visa last 2009.

thanks ya'll in advance! cheers!

-charlie

If your income is low, maybe you should consider having a co-sponsor.

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Timeline

yea i was thinking about that. but don't they consider having a good amount on the bank account too? we did not have this kind of problem when we did her K1 visa application last year.

anyone else? thanks ya'll!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

to show bank balances is one thing.

to have cash assets LISTED ON THE FORM, is another thing.

which did you do?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

well what i did is letter of employment,tax documents,bank statements, and i believe i put the value of my 2 vehicles on the i864.

well my paycheck reflects more cash the check. so i think they got me on that. but im really wondering why they approve me on the k1 visa and denying me on the AOS. my check and everything was the same when we did the k1 visa process.

thanks ya'll!

Edited by teppanyakidude

Timeline

everything is judged on 'date'.

you were ok on the I-134, on interview day.

for the I-864, on the AOS, you weren't - is different 'totality', different picture, because of 'different date'.

I note you didn't answer my question, though.

OK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

true tho date really matters. what is good today might change tomorrow. so ya'll think that the joint sponsor might help a lot? thanks ya'll!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The same thing has happened to me even though this time I put in a I-864, I listed more income and assets. I showed property I own with a values of around 60K but they stated it would not work because "It is Restricted." It is not restricted as I can cash out anytime I want.

I am going to re-file everything listing everything in greater detail than I had. I am also going to get 2 joint sponsors to be safe as I do not want to take any chances on this.

My only question if anyone can help with this is, one of the RFE's stated that they wanted my more recent tax form, and a officer wrote with pen "NEED 2009 FORM." My most recent tax form is 2008 since we filed an extension for 2009. I included the extension paper in my original AOS application but yet they come back asking for a form I don't have. How should I fix this?

Timeline:

01-05-2008 - Met Linnea on the 5th day she was in the States

12-21-2008 - Linnea returned to Sweden

01-10-2009 - Joined Linnea in Sweden

06-15-2009 - Engaged!

06-22-2009 - Sent K1 Packet

06-29-2009 - Received NOA1

09-21-2009 - Received NOA2

11-06-2009 - Linnea Interviews

11-06-2009 - Received Notice stating we needed a waiver for 212(e) Student Visa

01-05-2010 - Went to Sweden to be with Linnea while we waited and to help with waiver

03-22-2010 - Linnea gets waiver for 212(e)!

05-16-2010 - Linnea enters into the US at Newark

05-22-2010 - Legally Married

07-17-2010 - Wedding in Savannah, GA.... so much fun

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The same thing has happened to me even though this time I put in a I-864, I listed more income and assets. I showed property I own with a values of around 60K but they stated it would not work because "It is Restricted." It is not restricted as I can cash out anytime I want.

I am going to re-file everything listing everything in greater detail than I had. I am also going to get 2 joint sponsors to be safe as I do not want to take any chances on this.

My only question if anyone can help with this is, one of the RFE's stated that they wanted my more recent tax form, and a officer wrote with pen "NEED 2009 FORM." My most recent tax form is 2008 since we filed an extension for 2009. I included the extension paper in my original AOS application but yet they come back asking for a form I don't have. How should I fix this?

Why not just file right away electronically?

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well what i did is letter of employment,tax documents,bank statements, and i believe i put the value of my 2 vehicles on the i864.

well my paycheck reflects more cash the check. so i think they got me on that. but im really wondering why they approve me on the k1 visa and denying me on the AOS. my check and everything was the same when we did the k1 visa process.

thanks ya'll!

Did you try using the formula they give in the I-864 instructions? It is very specific. Do you meet those requirements using that calculation?

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After April 15th, 2010, they require a copy of the 2009 tax return. The law requires the return for the most recent tax year, and not simply the most recent return that you've filed. Your extension with the IRS did not buy you an extension with USCIS, unfortunately. File immediately and provide the 2009 return.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

oh i think ima be needing a joint sponsor on this... so by doing this. i have to fill out an affidavit of support as well right? and of course my joint sponsor? because there is no way that i can pull this off myself. thanks ya'll

Timeline

ok - then it's 2 I-864s - one on you, the primary sponser, and one on the other person, the joint-sponser/co-sponser.

If the two of you reside in same household, the joint-sponser can file I-864A

if you are related to this person, must show proof of relationship (if yer parent, then his/her birth certificate and YOUR birth certificate - photocopies are acceptable).

Good Luck !

Timeline

its gonna be my aunt who will be joint sponsoring me.. and we dont live on the same household? and how do i prove that she is my aunt? thanks ya'll

Timeline

not same household, not need to prove up she's yer aunt -

but

cover the relationship in a cover letter

and

she uses the I-864 (since not same household)

and

include copy of her birth certificate or bio page of current usa passport.

if she is a LPR (legal permanent resident) then she'll need bio page of foreign passport and copy of green card, front and back.

Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.