3AD

Internet-based Phone Services

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I use an internet-based account (VIP Communications, http://www.joinvip.com) to call my fiance because the rate is so much lower than the traditional phone companies (AT&T, Sprint, etc.) VIP Communications provides an itemized detail of calls made. However, I do not get a mailed statement from them -- only online. I printed the call detail online and submitted that as evidence of ongoing relationship. I also printed my account profile page (name, address, credit card) and the billing detail to show where I had re-upped the account.

Does anyone have experience with how embassies treat calling cards or internet-based services that itemize call history as opposed to "traditional" bill received in the mail?

Also, anybody use Skype and have experience with using that for evidence? Skype is internet-based telephony, doesn't itemize calls, but I included screen captures with time stamps. It's actually clearer than calling cards, but I'm afraid to rely on it as evidence.

Thanks,

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I use PENNY TALK/Net2phone - print up my bill every month - SO CHEAP, so good, I love it :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

VoIP is a big deal in telephony right now, and I think any embassy would have trouble not accepting it as evidence.

My guess - you'll be fine!

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm another who uses an internet card for telephone calls with mine going to Colombia. Ours is a Passport Phone Card from speedypin.com and is fantastic and wonderful service and charges all legit.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I use lingo and printed those off and sent those to my husband. Our interview isn't until the 28th but I'm sure they'd be just fine :)

Emily (Me) American (Oregon) - Shane (Him) Australian (Adelaide)

I-130

July 21st, 2005 - Mailed petition

July 25th, 2005 - Petition delivered to Nebraska

August 2nd, 2005 - Petition received at CSC

August 3rd, 2005 - Mailed NOA1

August 5th, 2005 - Money order cashed!!!!

August 9th, 2005 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 18th, 2006 - NOA2

I-129F

October 19th, 2005 - Mailed petition

October 23rd, 2005 - Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox

October 26th, 2005 - NOA1

December 1st, 2005 - APPROVED!!!!

December 12th, 2005 - NVC Received

December 15th 2005 - Petition left NVC

December 28th, 2005 - Received by Sydney

January 2nd, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

January 9th, 2006 - DS-230 Pt. 1 and Checklist sent to Sydney

February 28th 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!!

March 2006 - He's home!!!! :)

Our 2 year anniversary!!!!

.png

Our 1 year marriage anniversary!!!!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I use Broadvoice to call Brasil. This is a fabulous service! Much beeter than Vonage, AT&T Lingo or others I have tried. I call unlimited using a regular phone for $24.95 per month. You can get this plan which includes the following countries:

Unlimited™ World Plus: $24.95 mo

The BroadVoice Unlimited World plan lets you talk all you want. For just $24.95 per month you get unlimited calling to 35 countries including the United States.

BROADVOICE UNLIMITED WORLD PLUS:

Unlimited calling to 35 countries including the United States:

Australia

Netherlands

Austria

Norway

Belgium

Singapore

Canada

Spain

Chile

Sweden

China

Switzerland

Denmark

Taiwan

France

United Kingdom

Germany

United States

Ireland

Vatican City

Italy

Additional countries included in

Unlimited World PLUS:

Argentina

Luxembourg

Brazil Malaysia

Czech Republic New Zealand

Finland Poland

Greece Portugal

Israel San Marino

Japan South Korea

All basic and advanced features included free

Calls to other BroadVoice users, even in other countries, are always free

Calls to mobile phone numbers within the US and Canada are included

Use the BroadVoice online Account Portal to check voicemail and personalize features

Also, you can get a 1800 number if you live in Great Britain and call from the US for free for only $1.69/month. As for billing statements...they send itemized call histories monthly.

I can't recommend this company enough. My wife talks about 3000 minutes/month for not a penny more than advertised. I've been with them for over two years. Check them out!