packer51

Is it ok for me to say this?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The first day we saw each other was August 18, 2008. We met each other through our friends. As we saw each other more and more our relationship got more serious and became a couple. Now we believe we are perfect for each other and getting ready for marriage.

Is this ok? or is this to simple? please help if there is any other way i can make this sound better or look better,

Thank you ^^

I don't think it's too simple. If it is, mine's even simpler.

"We met on the internet in 2004 and first pet in person in Canada in 2009. Since then, there have been three visits, all taking place in the United States. We have come to the point in our relationship when we are ready to get married."

Short and sweet. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't think it's too simple. If it is, mine's even simpler.

"We met on the internet in 2004 and first pet in person in Canada in 2009. Since then, there have been three visits, all taking place in the United States. We have come to the point in our relationship when we are ready to get married."

Short and sweet. :)

I wouldn't mention petting on the form - might get the adjudicator all worked up! :o

Seriously though - I agree, short and sweet is the answer. The adjudicator is looking for three things, when you met for the first time, when you met face to face, and a brief summary of how the relationship blossomed (god, I am getting romantic in my old age!) Doesn't have to be War and Peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bren & Ian & Matthew ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04/05/2008 Met Online

06/30/2008 Ian visited Bren in US for 8 days

09/25/2008 Bren visited Ian in Scotland for six months

12/24/2008 We got engaged!

02/26/2009 We found out we are expecting a baby!!!

05/28/2009 Ian came to visit Bren in US for 8 days

10/07/2009 Baby Matthew born

01/25/2010 We got married!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ AOS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/29/2009 POE Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

01/25/2010 Married

02/22/2010 SSN Received

03/18/2010 Appt with CS for I-693

03/18/2010 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

03/21/2010 AOS Package Delivered

03/29/2010 NOA1 email and text received for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/01/2010 Hardcopies NOA1 received

04/21/2010 Biometrics letter received (scheduled 05/14/2010)

05/14/2010 Biometrics taken

05/15/2010 Touch on I-485 & I-765 (biometrics)

05/17/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765

05/20/2010 Letter received for interview

05/28/2010 I-131 & I-765 approved

06/04/2010 AP received in mail & EAD card production ordered

06/10/2010 EAD card received

06/25/2010 Interview (APPROVED!! YAYYY)

06/30/2010 Welcome to USA letter received

07/10/2010 Green Card Received!!!

04/30/2012 Removal of Conditions sent

11/13/2012 10 year Green Card received - no more USCIS until citizenship!!!!

scotland.gifusa.gif

I wouldn't mention petting on the form - might get the adjudicator all worked up! :o

Seriously though - I agree, short and sweet is the answer. The adjudicator is looking for three things, when you met for the first time, when you met face to face, and a brief summary of how the relationship blossomed (god, I am getting romantic in my old age!) Doesn't have to be War and Peace.

Haha, oops! :D

That's what I get for not proofreading.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The purpose of question 18 it to determine if you've satisfied the requirement that you have physically met within the past two years. You should check the "Yes" box and provide a brief explanation of the circumstances of the qualifying meeting. When, where, etc. If you don't provide at least this information then you haven't answered the question. The adjudicator doesn't care when you met the first time, or how your relationship developed. That stuff will be addressed at the interview.

If your fiance/e is from a high fraud country then question 18 can also be used as an opportunity to frontload relationship evidence or address circumstances that might be seen as red flags at the consulate. In that case, you answer the question about the qualifying meeting and add "See attachment", and then provide an attachment with your additional statement. There's no guarantee the consular officer will actually read it, but it will at least get your statement into your case file.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.