22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I dont know much about law but my two sense is try finding a law clinic/non-profit that will help you file your I485 there are quite a few i have seen here in Dallas.

The fact that you have kids works in your favor either way so give it a shot... would love to hear how it turns out too. :unsure:

Thanks a lot, I've been looking into some non profit places in my area today so hopefully something/someone will come through. I will do my best to keep you all posted as to what happens from here on :)

vqlz0lgfxpu.png

you are one strong women... pls don't loose hope and try to fix this illegal mess....

try all your best to become legal...

F2A for husband (i.e. Me)

24 Jul 2009: PD (I-130 NOA1 Rcvd)

?? Sep 2010: NOA2 Rcvd

24 Nov 2010: NVC CASE COMPLETE

03 Apr 2012: Interview @Sydney @10AM

12 Apr 2012: Finally!!! Yes got the VISA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

File for 'adjustment of status' ASAP.

If it is denied, you will then have to go via the CR-1/hardship-waiver route.

Good luck and welcome to VJ! :)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to you. While Jim and the others have presented the 'facts' in a rather harsh and strong light, I also want to reassure you that there are a lot of things in your favour and suspect that your chances for an approval outweigh your chances for a denial. You appear to be in a legitimate marriage with a man who you love and who loves and supports you. You have not been put into any type of immigration removal proceedings so do not appear to be trying to 'avoid' being deported; have been in two relationships where your 'partner' refused to complete the necessary immigration paperwork even though you entered both relationships with honest intentions (although your first husband sounds very manipulative and used a type of coercion/blackmail to make the marriage happen); you haven't broken any other laws except for the visa overstay and you did enter the country legally; you have a financial sponsor who satisfies the necessary criteria; you are aware of the liabilities of your situation and are not trying to negate them and you seem to have your 'head on straight'. These can be taken as positive factors in your circumstances as well. Work now on collecting the documentary evidence that shows how you and your husband are co-mingling your lives together. Do you have an Income Tax identification number so you are included on the tax returns? If not, get that done now and if necessary, file amended returns to show the joint filing. Are you added to his health insurance coverage? Other type of insurance? Joint bank accounts and credit cards (as much as you are able to be). Work on collecting this type of evidence. You can probably expect an interview and in your circumstances that will most likely work in your favour as well as you will have a chance to present your case in person. Be prepared for hard questions, but even still, I expect you have more going for you than against you.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Good luck to you. While Jim and the others have presented the 'facts' in a rather harsh and strong light, I also want to reassure you that there are a lot of things in your favour and suspect that your chances for an approval outweigh your chances for a denial. You appear to be in a legitimate marriage with a man who you love and who loves and supports you. You have not been put into any type of immigration removal proceedings so do not appear to be trying to 'avoid' being deported; have been in two relationships where your 'partner' refused to complete the necessary immigration paperwork even though you entered both relationships with honest intentions (although your first husband sounds very manipulative and used a type of coercion/blackmail to make the marriage happen); you haven't broken any other laws except for the visa overstay and you did enter the country legally; you have a financial sponsor who satisfies the necessary criteria; you are aware of the liabilities of your situation and are not trying to negate them and you seem to have your 'head on straight'. These can be taken as positive factors in your circumstances as well. Work now on collecting the documentary evidence that shows how you and your husband are co-mingling your lives together. Do you have an Income Tax identification number so you are included on the tax returns? If not, get that done now and if necessary, file amended returns to show the joint filing. Are you added to his health insurance coverage? Other type of insurance? Joint bank accounts and credit cards (as much as you are able to be). Work on collecting this type of evidence. You can probably expect an interview and in your circumstances that will most likely work in your favour as well as you will have a chance to present your case in person. Be prepared for hard questions, but even still, I expect you have more going for you than against you.

Good luck.

Hi and thank you for your comment, Yes I do have a TIN and filed taxes with my husband this year, we have a joint bank account. I'm not added to his health insurance mainly because he's losing his job in a few months so we didn't see the point in paying the extra for it.

vqlz0lgfxpu.png

Timeline

This is the only section of the paperwork where i'm not sure what to put, everything else has been self explanatory. I've read on several different sites many different ways to fill this in but not sure what would be correct. If anybody knows how I should fill this in it would greatly appreciated. Being that I came on the VWP there was no consulate that issued the visa so would that be N/A? and would N/A also apply to the non immigrant visa number as there never was a visa per say?

post-52955-033909400 1279719511_thumb.png

vqlz0lgfxpu.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to let you know that I agree with what was said above. Even though you did overstay, people do that all the time and get approved. Plus, the fact that you have kids is a huge factor in your favor. I think your chances of getting approved are pretty high, so try not to worry about it too much. I think you should get some legal advice too. A non profit would be a great start to make sure you are doing what you need to do to get approved. Good Luck!!!

AOS Timeline

06-28-2010 AOS Packet Sent

07-07-2010 Check Cashed $1010 Ugh!

07-09-2010 NOAs received (I-485,I-130,I-765)

07-14-2010 Biometrics appointment letter received

07-14-2010 RFE (I-864)

07-22-2010 Biometrics appointment

08-20-2010 Submitted RFE Reply I-864

08-24-2010 RFE material received

08-26-2010 Email from USCIS EAD Card Approved

09-03-2010 EAD card received!!!

09-08-2010 Notification of interview date (Oct 12th, 2010)

10-12-2010 Interview-Approved!!!!!

10-26-2010 Green Card Arrived!!!!!!!!

No USCIS till 2012. Wohoooooo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.