msd

J1 - 2 year rule

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I just read from another person who was NOT subject to the 2 year rule that she was insecure about what was stated on the DS-2019.

The form said that she is NOT subject to the 2yr rule.

However then she applied for an Advisory Opinion at the DoS and they told her she IS in fact subjet of this rule and that was its stated on the DS2019 is just preliminary.

What the???

Has this happened to anybody else?

The NVC has already recieved all our documentation so it's too late now anyway.

It seems to me that if you make yourself more work, and ask more officials, you will for sure get it.

Any idea about what I should do now?

I checked the info on the DoS site and none of the things applies to me that would make me subject to the rule. How can they just decide differently as back then? For sure the Konsul will have thought about this before ticking the box that says "not subject".

I'm totally paranoid now.

Edited by msd

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Oh wow! I hope this is not the case in your case. Good luck! Keep us informed please!!!!

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

Timeline

Thank you Teya.

Well nobody here was able to anywer my question yet.

I however messaged a member who I talked to about the J1 issue before and she didn't need this piece of paper.

Now I don't know what to do.

Maybe send off the request anyway because it would take 6-8 weeks for a decision/reply. Better be safe than sorry?

Seems like this is what I will be spending my sunday with. Preparing more papers............

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from Case Progress Sub-forum to the CR-1 Process and Procedures forum as a more likely forum in which to receive answers. I have also closed the duplicate you started in the AOS forum as that is not the appropriate forum for this discussion and will not get you the information you need. Instead of removing the duplicate though, I am linking it to this forum so those who might have information will be able to answer it here in the correct forum. It has only been a day since you posted your question and the weekends tend to be slower so I suspect having your post in the correct forum and waiting another day or so you should be able to get some responses.

Is there anything on the passport that indicates the 2 year requirement is in place?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thank you!

I wasn't sure where the pest place to post this would be.

Nope, the Visa in my old passpot and the DS-2019 form, which is the form that I got from the Embassy both say I'm not subject.

This is what has me wondering.

Why would this be not correct?

Hmm...

Edited by msd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.