birdnerd

Canadian DCFs Waiting for Interview in Montreal

789 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's great news (that they've logged your paperwork), but still crappy news about the no date. :P

Agreed. I can't belive it is taking so long.. we planned to move this summer in time for the new school year but it has been looking like thats not going to happen for a couple of months now.

Also worried about proving intent to re-establish domicile in the US, having read the experiences of others on here.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, my husband and I are preparing the paperwork now to file our I-130 for myself and my son at the Toronto Consulate, did you go in person and file or did you mail it in?

Hi All,

I filed my I-130 today at the U.S. consulate in Toronto. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else makes out with their interview dates.

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, my husband and I are preparing the paperwork now to file our I-130 for myself and my son at the Toronto Consulate, did you go in person and file or did you mail it in?

You have to mail the petition to the Toronto consulate. They will then contact you (by email) to come in for an appointment in person. :)

Hi Birdnerd,

This is the Post that I should be on board for DCF Filed in Toronto.

Can you please add me on the list?

I130 filed - May 2009

DS230 returned - October 2009

Packet 4 ( interview Scheduled) Jan 2010 - but postponed

April 2010 - receive reply email from MTL that they will schedule another date

June 2010 - receive reply email from MTL again that they will schedule another date

To-date ( July 28) - no interview yet

Total wait for interview re-schedule - 6 months

Let's update each other.

Timeline

Hi Birdnerd,

This is the Post that I should be on board for DCF Filed in Toronto.

Can you please add me on the list?

I130 filed - May 2009

DS230 returned - October 2009

Packet 4 ( interview Scheduled) Jan 2010 - but postponed

April 2010 - receive reply email from MTL that they will schedule another date

June 2010 - receive reply email from MTL again that they will schedule another date

To-date ( July 28) - no interview yet

Total wait for interview re-schedule - 6 months

Let's update each other.

Hi tauruslady, I've seen you around the Canadian forum. Welcome to our waiting room. ;)

Name...............................I-130 Filed...........................DS-230 Returned............................Interview Date

tauruslady.........................May 2009.................................Oct 2009.....................................Jan 2010 -----------> postponed

dawnlinnet .......................Oct 2009..................................Feb 2010

superspur.........................Nov 2009.................................Feb 2010

birdnerd.......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

Adichiwa......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

choles..............................Mar 2010 (?).............................Apr 2010

leonsgal70.......................Mar 2010.................................Apr 2010

kimberlyk21.....................Mar 2010.................................May 2010

bscobrown.......................Jan 2010..................................Jul 2010

dabigbass........................May 2010................................Jul 2010

Still to come:

Abike..............................Sept 2009

canok..............................Feb 2010 (?)

sammy060382................Feb 2010

Saad & Sumera................Mar 2010

Erdestino........................Jul 2010

AMERICAN/CANADIAN....Jul 2010

Shimmer4554

Edited by birdnerd

Timeline

real quick question to all my fellow DCFers out there: After you filed your petition at your local Canadian Embassy how long did it take to hear something back/ get your case number assigned? I only filed three weeks ago but am sooo very ready to get home to Missouri and the wait without even being able to track anything is killing me....how do I even know that the embassy in Calgary has sent everything to Montreal? Any suggestions for riding out the stressful waiting period? Guess I just needed to rant a little bit. Thanks for listening and all your responses! Later yall.

July 8, 2010 Filed I-130 (DCF) Calgary AB

event.png

real quick question to all my fellow DCFers out there: After you filed your petition at your local Canadian Embassy how long did it take to hear something back/ get your case number assigned? I only filed three weeks ago but am sooo very ready to get home to Missouri and the wait without even being able to track anything is killing me....how do I even know that the embassy in Calgary has sent everything to Montreal? Any suggestions for riding out the stressful waiting period? Guess I just needed to rant a little bit. Thanks for listening and all your responses! Later yall.

This will give you somewhat of an idea:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262661-dcf-in-ottawa-canada/page__p__4031134__fromsearch__1#entry4031134

What was the timeline Calgary gave you as to when MTL would be in contact? Also, just wondering which timeline they stated for the entire DCF process to be complete?

As for time...just ensure your paperwork for the next packet is completed, so you can send it out same day without down time.

I've worked on our packet during our waiting period...with only a few more items lingering.

Ensure you have your husbands immunization record up to date, have a titer test conducted, criminal name check conducted, and the 864 supporting documents gathered.

And read...ALOT! I'm Still reading!

Domicile was our concern. Reading several of the denied and postponed experiences over the net, poised a bit of concern. So we reached a decision that I would return to the States and wait the remaining time out, that is, until the interview. But we decided I wouldn't return until, what we thought, was the later lag of the process. (the 3 month period after being logged)

In sending out resumes, I was tentatively offered a position which after 2 phone interviews, just seemed as if the job was mine...so I took the Giant Leap of Faith, came to the States and interviewed in person. I start Monday...so this seals the domicile concern.

The frustration will try to creep in, if you allow it. Easier said then done...you just have to find your balance. Start sending out resumes to the States for you and DH, so you can start a contact base. Then upon arrival you have a network. Look at homes, apartments....for your future. We had fun dreaming about our future in the States...looked up Real Estate...apartments...things we wanted to do once we arrive. Looked up purchasing another vehicle....make it fun...cause the bureaucracy will drive you insane if you let it!

Oh and Keep the Faith...remember who really is in control!

Thats why it's great to have this forum!!!! (F)

Amos 9:11

http://live.lifechurch.tv/

DCF USC married to Canadian

March 18, 2010 I-130 Submitted Ottawa (in person)

April 26, 2010 Packet 3 Request Arrives Canada Post, MTL # assigned

April 26, 2010 Overnighted Packet 3 Checklist and DS-230

April 28, 2010 Montreal Recieves Packet 3

July 21, 2010 left DH in Canada to prove domicile in USA :(

July 26, 2010 DOS contacted, Logged & Accepted, interview not yet scheduled

Interview------God Speed please!!! I miss my husband

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you Birdnerd, so does that mean that you send the paperwork to the consulate and then have a meeting with the consulate all relating to the I-130 or do you mean the appointment in Montreal?

You have to mail the petition to the Toronto consulate. They will then contact you (by email) to come in for an appointment in person. :)

Edited by Stephen&Kim

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

Timeline

This will give you somewhat of an idea:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262661-dcf-in-ottawa-canada/page__p__4031134__fromsearch__1#entry4031134

What was the timeline Calgary gave you as to when MTL would be in contact? Also, just wondering which timeline they stated for the entire DCF process to be complete?

As for time...just ensure your paperwork for the next packet is completed, so you can send it out same day without down time.

I've worked on our packet during our waiting period...with only a few more items lingering.

Ensure you have your husbands immunization record up to date, have a titer test conducted, criminal name check conducted, and the 864 supporting documents gathered.

And read...ALOT! I'm Still reading!

Domicile was our concern. Reading several of the denied and postponed experiences over the net, poised a bit of concern. So we reached a decision that I would return to the States and wait the remaining time out, that is, until the interview. But we decided I wouldn't return until, what we thought, was the later lag of the process. (the 3 month period after being logged)

In sending out resumes, I was tentatively offered a position which after 2 phone interviews, just seemed as if the job was mine...so I took the Giant Leap of Faith, came to the States and interviewed in person. I start Monday...so this seals the domicile concern.

The frustration will try to creep in, if you allow it. Easier said then done...you just have to find your balance. Start sending out resumes to the States for you and DH, so you can start a contact base. Then upon arrival you have a network. Look at homes, apartments....for your future. We had fun dreaming about our future in the States...looked up Real Estate...apartments...things we wanted to do once we arrive. Looked up purchasing another vehicle....make it fun...cause the bureaucracy will drive you insane if you let it!

Oh and Keep the Faith...remember who really is in control!

Thats why it's great to have this forum!!!! (F)

I guess maybe thats why I am getting sooo frustrated. I know we will live with my dad and my little brother. I also am about 90 percent certain that we will be taking jobs with First Studen (which is where we work here in Calgary as well) so theres nothing really fun to dream about other than the infertility treatments. Which trust me are not a joy to think about.

He has taken the antibody titers test, we ordered his long form birth certificate, we ordered the crimal background check. I got my accountant to send my past three years tax return copies to me so I can hand them over as well.

Calgary told us 4-6 weeks before we get a MTL case number and some checklist and the DS230 (which I filled out). How long did it take you to hear back when you filed in toronto was it? What supporting documents for the I864 do we need? I havent prepared those and maybe that would give me something to do.

Our "current" tentative plan is once we get an interview date I will haul booty down to the US and "set up domicile" in my dads house where we already have a bedroom and everything from when we visited. Seems silly but I figure one month away from my husband in the grand scheme of things wont hurt. Plus we want a family and are on a limited time frame with this infertility ####### so any more delays would just further reduce the chances of making our dreams come true. Im sure Ill be on here ALOT during that month when Im down in the US without my hubby.

PS what is DH? Thanks yall. Talk to ya later.

July 8, 2010 Filed I-130 (DCF) Calgary AB

event.png

Timeline

Thank you Birdnerd, so does that mean that you send the paperwork to the consulate and then have a meeting with the consulate all relating to the I-130 or do you mean the appointment in Montreal?

Hi S&K,

You mail in your I-130 petition, then I suggest you follow up with an email (torontogold@state.gov), then they will contact you back with an appointment at the Toronto consulate. You then show them the originals of the photocopied documents you sent initially, they do some behind-the-scenes paperwork, and you're on your way. That's where they give you the paper that says 'your petition has been accepted (not approved), and that Montreal will send you the next packet with a MTL case number in 4-6 weeks or something. Might have said 2-3 weeks.

We waited a few weeks until we heard from them, then emailed to follow up, then they emailed back a few days later. Our appointment was for a couple of weeks after that.

Our rough timeline:

Jan 25 - mailed I-130

Feb 11 - emailed consulate

Feb 12 - email from consulate saying they have received the petition

Feb 16 - email from consulate setting up appointment

Feb 26 - appointment at consulate

Mar 25 - received approval, case number from Montreal

Mar 26 - sent back DS-230

Apr 27 - DS-230 logged

present - still waiting for interview...

Hope this helps. :)

Timeline

See above.

Unfortunately, DCF is not a transparent process. You will receive virtually no communication from Montreal, outside of packets 3/4. Took us one month to receive approval after submitting our I-130. You won't be able to start 'tracking' your petition until you receive your case number from Montreal. Then once you've sent back the DS-230 and checklist, you can call DoS (202-663-1225, press 1, then 0) to find out when it has been 'logged' (entered into the computer).

Then you wait. ;)

Timeline

See above.

Unfortunately, DCF is not a transparent process. You will receive virtually no communication from Montreal, outside of packets 3/4. Took us one month to receive approval after submitting our I-130. You won't be able to start 'tracking' your petition until you receive your case number from Montreal. Then once you've sent back the DS-230 and checklist, you can call DoS (202-663-1225, press 1, then 0) to find out when it has been 'logged' (entered into the computer).

Then you wait. ;)

Would the DoS know if an interview date had been set by Montreal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.