birdnerd

Canadian DCFs Waiting for Interview in Montreal

789 posts in this topic

It's great to see that I am not the only one wondering what is happening in Montreal, it seems that they haven't moved in ages

bscobrown........................Mar 2010................................Apr 2010

No probs. Welcome, bass. :)

Name...............................I-130 Filed...........................DS-230 Returned............................Interview Date

dawnlinnet .......................Oct 2009..................................Feb 2010

superspur.........................Nov 2009.................................Feb 2010

birdnerd.......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

Adichiwa......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

choles..............................Mar 2010 (?).............................Apr 2010

leonsgal70.......................Mar 2010.................................Apr 2010

kimberlyk21....................Mar 2010.................................May 2010

dabigbass........................May 2010................................Jul 2010

Still to come:

Abike..............................Sept 2009

canok..............................Feb 2010 (?)

Saad & Sumera................Mar 2010

Shimmer4554

sammy060382

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Name...............................I-130 Filed...........................DS-230 Returned............................Interview Date

dawnlinnet .......................Oct 2009..................................Feb 2010

superspur.........................Nov 2009.................................Feb 2010

birdnerd.......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

Adichiwa......................... Jan 2010..................................Mar 2010

choles..............................Mar 2010 (?).............................Apr 2010

leonsgal70.......................Mar 2010.................................Apr 2010

kimberlyk21....................Mar 2010.................................May 2010

bscobrown.......................Jan 2010..................................Jul 2010

dabigbass........................May 2010................................Jul 2010

Still to come:

Shimmer4554

sammy060382

Look at this, we're coming out of the woodwork now! :D

Hey birdnerd,

Thanks for adding me! It will still be a few months before we submit the DS-230 form. We have to submit a couple of other things first. I hope the wait comes to an end very shortly for all of you!

Take care,

- Sam

Timeline

Hi All,

I filed my I-130 today at the U.S. consulate in Toronto. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else makes out with their interview dates.

Wilkommen, Erdestino.

bscobrown.......................Jan 2010..................................Jul 2010

Still to come:

Erdestino........................Jul 2010

Shimmer4554

sammy060382

Hey birdnerd,

Just to update you on my status, my husband and I filed the I-130 in February. We received the DS-230 in May but won't be sending it back for another month or two as we get everything in order.

Take care,

- Sam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband (canadian citizen) and I (a USC who is permananet resident in Canada) just filed our I-130 on July 8, 2010 so now I get to join yall in the waiting game. I am hoping since we have been married and living together in Canada for almost two years it wont take too long to get everything together and get to the interview stage. I would love to get an interview in November or December but I doubt that will happen. LOL. If anyone wants to tell me the whole story (i.e. the steps between I-130 and interview) id be very interested. I have been reading forums all day and it seems stuff is all over the place. Good luck on getting your interview dates:)

July 8, 2010 Filed I-130 (DCF) Calgary AB

event.png

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Nice to see some familiar as well as new faces. :)

Called DoS today. Still no date. :rolleyes:

Still to come:

sammy060382................Feb 2010

Erdestino........................Jul 2010

AMERICAN/CANADIAN....Jul 2010

Shimmer4554

Timeline

My husband (canadian citizen) and I (a USC who is permananet resident in Canada) just filed our I-130 on July 8, 2010 so now I get to join yall in the waiting game. I am hoping since we have been married and living together in Canada for almost two years it wont take too long to get everything together and get to the interview stage. I would love to get an interview in November or December but I doubt that will happen. LOL. If anyone wants to tell me the whole story (i.e. the steps between I-130 and interview) id be very interested. I have been reading forums all day and it seems stuff is all over the place. Good luck on getting your interview dates:)

Hello A/C,

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but looking at our table, it's highly unlikely you'll be interviewed by the end of the year. :( Unfortunately there's no priority for having been married/together for a certain amount of time - husband and I have been together in Canada for 10 years, married for almost 5.

You're welcome to hang out here with the rest of us, though. :)

Your next paperwork will be the approval of your I-130 from Montreal. At that time, you will need to fill out a DS-230 (Immigrant Visa Application), as well as the document checklist. You do not send the documents requested on the checklist, you're merely letting them know you have or will have them by the time of your interview. You can start collecting those now, if you haven't got them already.

The documents requested are as follows:

Passport

Photographs

Birth Certificate (long form)

Marriage Certificate

Police Certificate (you can get this done at your local metro police or RCMP detachment)

Evidence of Domicile (start collecting this stuff - shows them you are going to start your life there: place to live, job, buying car, opening bank accounts, etc)

Affidavit of Support (I-864)

Evidence of Support (backing financial documents)

Also (if appropriate)

Adoption Certificate

Divorce or Death Certificate (for previous marriage)

Criminal (court and prison) records

Military Records

Immigration Records

For minor children, custody/consent

Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by birdnerd

Timeline

Hello A/C,

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but looking at our table, it's highly unlikely you'll be interviewed by the end of the year. :( Unfortunately there's no priority for having been married/together for a certain amount of time - husband and I have been together in Canada for 10 years, married for almost 5.

You're welcome to hang out here with the rest of us, though. :)

Your next paperwork will be the approval of your I-130 from Montreal. At that time, you will need to fill out a DS-230 (Immigrant Visa Application), as well as the document checklist. You do not send the documents requested on the checklist, you're merely letting them know you have or will have them by the time of your interview. You can start collecting those now, if you haven't got them already.

The documents requested are as follows:

Passport

Photographs

Birth Certificate (long form)

Marriage Certificate

Police Certificate (you can get this done at your local metro police or RCMP detachment)

Evidence of Domicile (start collecting this stuff - shows them you are going to start your life there: place to live, job, buying car, opening bank accounts, etc)

Affidavit of Support (I-864)

Evidence of Support (backing financial documents)

Also (if appropriate)

Adoption Certificate

Divorce or Death Certificate (for previous marriage)

Criminal (court and prison) records

Military Records

Immigration Records

For minor children, custody/consent

Good luck! :thumbs:

Thanks Birdnerd for your response....I am looking at the timeline you have on here and none of these people have gotten interview dates? I thought DCF was supposed to be a relatively fast way of applying. Also Im on a tight budget at the moment (got laid off for the summer) I was wondering if you could tell me what fees you have paid other than the initail I-130, $355.00 so I can work the funds out of our budget? I know Im new to the group but yall have already been a terific help. Just knowing we are not alone is a big relief. Thanks again.

event.png

Timeline

Thanks Birdnerd for your response....I am looking at the timeline you have on here and none of these people have gotten interview dates? I thought DCF was supposed to be a relatively fast way of applying. Also Im on a tight budget at the moment (got laid off for the summer) I was wondering if you could tell me what fees you have paid other than the initail I-130, $355.00 so I can work the funds out of our budget? I know Im new to the group but yall have already been a terific help. Just knowing we are not alone is a big relief. Thanks again.

No probs. You are correct, this is the group of people still waiting for interview dates in Montreal. You can see how (not) fast and efficient the process is. :P It is the faster method, for any country besides Canada.

The next large chunk to pay will be at the medical, I think anywhere from $250-$375 depending on the clinic, and then at the interview, fee is currently $404 for the immigrant visa. There are other charges in the meantime, however. These include: police certificate (I think mine was $26 in Toronto); lots of passport photographs US-sized (you will need 3 for the medical and 2 for the interview) - Costco does them really cheap; the ExpressPost envelope for having your passport returned, etc.

You can also order your tax transcripts from the IRS, you should get the last 3 years. This is free, and they arrive quickly.

Edited by birdnerd

Timeline

No probs. You are correct, this is the group of people still waiting for interview dates in Montreal. You can see how (not) fast and efficient the process is. :P It is the faster method, for any country besides Canada.

The next large chunk to pay will be at the medical, I think anywhere from $250-$375 depending on the clinic, and then at the interview, fee is currently $404 for the immigrant visa. There are other charges in the meantime, however. These include: police certificate (I think mine was $26 in Toronto); lots of passport photographs US-sized (you will need 3 for the medical and 2 for the interview) - Costco does them really cheap; the ExpressPost envelope for having your passport returned, etc.

and then we still have to pay the I485 fee which is 1010 I believe...do you know if thats correct?

event.png

Timeline

and then we still have to pay the I485 fee which is 1010 I believe...do you know if thats correct?

Nope, that's not for us. That's for the K-1 fiancé/fiancée people who get married in the states and then do their 'Adjustment of Status' (AOS).

Once you have your interview and cross the border, your Green Card will arrive shortly thereafter in the mail, then you're good to go, you can even work.

Edited by birdnerd

Timeline

WOW if I understand you correctly, you just made my day. I believe you are saying we have to pay;

I-130 fee (355.00-already paid)

the miscelaneous stuff (passport photos, criminal record check, long form birth certificate etc)

then the medical (275-375)

and then the $404 fee for the interview? (Do you happen to know what they call this fee or is it just the magical we spent five minutes interviewing you and taking your prints so we are gonna charge ya fee)?

Is that honestly all the fees there are? I thought there were several others (the ds 230, then the I485 to register as a resident but yall know way better than me) Once again let me thank you and say you have made my evening birdnerd!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.