AZSUN

Kiev Apartment

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I knew a girl from Moldova and she was sharp as a tack. My wife was surprised because, like you said, they're supposed to be dumb. She was easy on the eyes too.....

The woman we know, Svitlana 3, is a pharmacist here (and was in Chisinau also). She is no dummy. She was a K-1, MOB, and is now a citizen, speaks English very well, very little accent. When I worked in construction in Odessa, many of the laborer jobs were held by Moldovans, the Ukrainians, Russians tended to be in the skilled trade positions, but I cannot say for sure this is because they were dumb, they just were not the favored nationality in Ukraine. Big surprise. I had a friend from Moldova and he swore to me that the women were more beautiful than Ukrainian women. :wow:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend from Moldova and he swore to me that the women were more beautiful than Ukrainian women. :wow:

I don't ever recall going to another country and claiming "girls back in my country are the best."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I don't ever recall going to another country and claiming "girls back in my country are the best."

Being a good Texican, I used to go around saying Texas had the most beautiful women, then I went to Ukraine... :huh:

Gary And Alla

Is there a noticeable difference between "Ukrainian Russians" and "Russian Russians?" I know you guys with more Ukraine experience have probably made some personal observations... what stands out for you?

As for me, I have a little experience with Russians from Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus and Lithuania. I have seen a distinct difference between ethnic Russians (older, former FSU ethnic Russians) from Lithuania and Lithuanians from Lithuania. The folks from Kyrgyzstan seemed to be pretty Russified whether they were ethnic Russian or ethnic Kyrgyz. The Belarussian girls I got to know a little seemed just like the Russian girls I knew but I didn't get to know them well enough to spot differences.

Lithuanians - what stood out most for me when I visited Lithuania was that the Lithuanians (not the ethnic Russians) seemed very hostile to Russia and Russians. Our tour guide on my first visit to Vilnius was an ethnic Russian, married to a Lithuanian guy. She said that her inlaws refused to speak to her in Russian, and refused to respond if she spoke to them in Russian. My ex sometimes couldn't get directions on the street if she asked in Russian. The cool thing was that I could ask most any one under thirty the same question in English and get a polite response. Same deal in Poland, although most Lithuanians apparently speak fluent Russian and not as many Polish do.

Belarussians - look and behave the same as Russians I am told. Can't speak from any experience, as I have never been to Russia. What struck me while doing business in Minsk was the marked inferiority complex some of my partners had towards Russia. Everything Russian was understood to be better, and it was good to be considered ethnic Russian. My ex's father had been in the Soviet Air Force, and stayed in Lida after his service was up. She considered herself Russian, and never spoke Belarussian if she could help it. She was very disturbed that she couldn't lose her Belarussian accent, and felt like she was treated poorly whenever she went to Russia because of her accent.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Being a good Texican, I used to go around saying Texas had the most beautiful women, then I went to Ukraine... :huh:

For the US, Texas probably is best of the best.

speak fluent Russian and not as many Polish do.

The Moldovan girl that I know married a Polish guy and they spoke English to each other because neither one of them spoke enough of their SO's language.

Belarussians - look and behave the same as Russians I am told.

The girls I met didn't seem any different at all.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Lithuanians - what stood out most for me when I visited Lithuania was that the Lithuanians (not the ethnic Russians) seemed very hostile to Russia and Russians. Our tour guide on my first visit to Vilnius was an ethnic Russian, married to a Lithuanian guy. She said that her inlaws refused to speak to her in Russian, and refused to respond if she spoke to them in Russian. My ex sometimes couldn't get directions on the street if she asked in Russian. The cool thing was that I could ask most any one under thirty the same question in English and get a polite response. Same deal in Poland, although most Lithuanians apparently speak fluent Russian and not as many Polish do.

Belarussians - look and behave the same as Russians I am told. Can't speak from any experience, as I have never been to Russia. What struck me while doing business in Minsk was the marked inferiority complex some of my partners had towards Russia. Everything Russian was understood to be better, and it was good to be considered ethnic Russian. My ex's father had been in the Soviet Air Force, and stayed in Lida after his service was up. She considered herself Russian, and never spoke Belarussian if she could help it. She was very disturbed that she couldn't lose her Belarussian accent, and felt like she was treated poorly whenever she went to Russia because of her accent.

I cannot speak of Lithuians per se, but I do know a lot of Czechs and in fact do business with a Czech structural enginer (a woman) that immigrated here just about 10 years ago. She speaks Russian as she was "forced" to learn it. Alla met her at one of by jobsites, spoke to her in Russian and was politely told NOT to do that.

I think Russians try to project an air of superiority on their former Republics, it just doesn't seem to "take" as well on Ukrainians. Alla has often commented that when she did business in Russia, she would be looked down on a bit, but more or less ignored it. She was often told she "speaks good Russian...for a Ukrainian" :lol: We have some good friends in our Russo/American group that are a Belrussian couple (both). I do not detect any "inferiority" in them, but again they have been here more than 10 years. The man is very much an "American" while his wife still maintains a lot of Belarussian traditions. He does, however, have the Russian/RUB attitude of men toward women. He likes Alla but says "she talks too much" :lol: Alla likes his wife very much and it is probably her "best friend" here but says her husband is "too bossy".

Gary And Alla

He does, however, have the Russian/RUB attitude of men toward women. He likes Alla but says "she talks too much" :lol: Alla likes his wife very much and it is probably her "best friend" here but says her husband is "too bossy".

Sounds sort of like the couple I have been posting about around here lately. I think GF is a balloon head, Vika thinks her husband has no spine at all. All a matter of perspective I guess.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Vika thinks her husband has no spine at all.

I haven't seen any Russian women who are satisfied by a spineless man.

I have seen quite a few spineless men who "got scammed."

Русский форум член.

This all sounds quite familiar to me. My wife has often complained about being poorly treated by Russians as they seem to think they are superior to Ukrainians. Then she starts off on a diatribe of how Ukrainian history has more examples of greatness that have been taken over as Russian history. Me, having almost no knowledge of that history, I just nod in approval. I'm not looking to make waves. :bonk:

As far as Moldova having better looking women than Ukraine, I'll just say I'm happy with my wife and have no complaints about the other women I dated from Ukraine. They are just so much better than what is available here. Which is why we married them, among other reasons. :whistle:

Timeline

This all sounds quite familiar to me. My wife has often complained about being poorly treated by Russians as they seem to think they are superior to Ukrainians. Then she starts off on a diatribe of how Ukrainian history has more examples of greatness that have been taken over as Russian history. Me, having almost no knowledge of that history, I just nod in approval. I'm not looking to make waves. :bonk:

As far as Moldova having better looking women than Ukraine, I'll just say I'm happy with my wife and have no complaints about the other women I dated from Ukraine. They are just so much better than what is available here. Which is why we married them, among other reasons. :whistle:

I regularly get the "short history of Ukraine" lecture. I do no tknow a lot of Moldovans, men or woemn, the women I have seen were normal looking, attractive. Our Moldovan friend is probaby better than average, certainly better than American average. But she is far from the most attractive in "the group". Anyway, such cannot be judged by such little experience.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Ukrainian women find them equally revolting. Though they believe a man should not get angry, or show negative emotion to THEM. Ever. Alla says that no woman should even be capable of making a man angry. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Me too :yes:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well I am back. And it sucks. I love being with my wife and daughter in Ukraine. My apartment experience was great. The apartment was a little expensive but it fit our needs and the internet was great. I needed it for work. The weather was hot and I was not able to escape the heat of Phoenix. Although some storms came thru and it cooled down a little. The ice cream is so good in Ukraine. Every night we hit the kiosks on Khreschatyk. It amazes me of the difference of walking down the streets in Ukraine versus USA. Thank god for sunglasses. The sun was so bright always. ;) You know what I mean. I will say this....always have a taxi service that you are referred to. It seems they treat all people as tourist and will charge you as much as they can. If you find a good driver, keep his number. I never get the questions at the Kiev airport by the militia like I do at Odessa. They could care less what I bring into the country and take out. No questions.

Well I am back. And it sucks. I love being with my wife and daughter in Ukraine. My apartment experience was great. The apartment was a little expensive but it fit our needs and the internet was great. I needed it for work. The weather was hot and I was not able to escape the heat of Phoenix. Although some storms came thru and it cooled down a little. The ice cream is so good in Ukraine. Every night we hit the kiosks on Khreschatyk. It amazes me of the difference of walking down the streets in Ukraine versus USA. Thank god for sunglasses. The sun was so bright always. ;) You know what I mean. I will say this....always have a taxi service that you are referred to. It seems they treat all people as tourist and will charge you as much as they can. If you find a good driver, keep his number. I never get the questions at the Kiev airport by the militia like I do at Odessa. They could care less what I bring into the country and take out. No questions.

Welcome back! Yeah, taxi drivers are serious entrepeneurs. Same thing happens to me - so I let Vika make those arrangements. By the time they discover there is a foreigner hiring them it is too late :lol: If they pull any fast ones, she is pretty good at dealing with that. I agree absolutely about the customs people, and I used to get hassled at Odessa every time, 'till I started using the vip pickup service. That last sentence is sure to provoke at least one poster to chip-in that he never uses vip, and never has a problem - but I did.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Welcome back! Yeah, taxi drivers are serious entrepeneurs. Same thing happens to me - so I let Vika make those arrangements. By the time they discover there is a foreigner hiring them it is too late :lol: If they pull any fast ones, she is pretty good at dealing with that. I agree absolutely about the customs people, and I used to get hassled at Odessa every time, 'till I started using the vip pickup service. That last sentence is sure to provoke at least one poster to chip-in that he never uses vip, and never has a problem - but I did.

Who 'dat????? :unsure:

My life is boring. I have had only ONE "experience" with border people and that was going into Canada!!! I go there all the time but ONE time they just went crazy on me and held me for two hours and made me sit and wait. Then they tore apart my van and even had several people come and pass judgement n the SAWDUST in the back area of the van which was there from carrying a portable table saw! Then they asked me stupid questions and finally let me go! Oh, and the time they took two bottles of Ukrainian vodka from me in Turkey, that is it! Those were a gift for a friend in the US. I hope the Turks enjoyed it. In all my travels I only lost my bags TWICE, both on the same trip. :angry:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.