AZSUN

Kiev Apartment

57 posts in this topic

Who 'dat????? :unsure:

I forgot about you Gary, make it two posters :P Seriously, or as close as I can get to that, I can't remember the guys handle. Something about carrying wads of cash through somewhere in Ukraine (maybe Odessa), jewelery, etc. Never a problem, the customs people buy him drinks they like him so much, etc. Must be a different crew when I go through.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I forgot about you Gary, make it two posters :P Seriously, or as close as I can get to that, I can't remember the guys handle. Something about carrying wads of cash through somewhere in Ukraine (maybe Odessa), jewelery, etc. Never a problem, the customs people buy him drinks they like him so much, etc. Must be a different crew when I go through.

Well, they never buy me drinks. They just kind of ignore me. Must be a third shift. The cocker spaniels they let go on the luggage pile make me nervous, I am never sure if they are sniffing for drugs or a place to pee. So far my bag has never been pee'd on by the dogs.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Well, they never buy me drinks. They just kind of ignore me. Must be a third shift. The cocker spaniels they let go on the luggage pile make me nervous, I am never sure if they are sniffing for drugs or a place to pee. So far my bag has never been pee'd on by the dogs.

And I should go on record again that I have not had any real problems anywhere but Odessa. Kiev, Minsk, etc. were all fine. I heard horror stories about Minsk, but never had a problem other than the language issues - as many of the passport control agents there didn't seem to speak much English. I thought the business visa I had was the reason I never got a hard time. :whistle:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I usually just act stupid or ignore them. :wacko: They seem to get confused and just let me go on my way. I can remember a handful of times when they are speaking to someone and they have them go to the cash machine. I think it also helps to have many stamps of entry into Ukraine and a stamp showing I am married to a Ukrainian woman.

Timeline

I usually just act stupid or ignore them. :wacko: They seem to get confused and just let me go on my way. I can remember a handful of times when they are speaking to someone and they have them go to the cash machine. I think it also helps to have many stamps of entry into Ukraine and a stamp showing I am married to a Ukrainian woman.

You have a stamp showing you are married to a Ukrainian woman? Where? On your forehead? :lol: Sorry couldn't resist. But actually I never heard of this stamp, please enlighten

Gary And Alla

Yes I have a tattoo. I thought all men have one. :rofl: I actually received a stamp in my passport from zags. I was married in Ukraine. Not sure what benefit it has. My wife has one too.

I think the entry stamps probably do help. Can't speak to the marriage stamp, but it does beg a question. What happens to your stamp when you replace or renew your passport? Do you get another one from zags? For that matter, what does a Ukrainian do when their travel passport is renewed? I know the internal one isn't, so is that where their stamp goes?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Acting stupid and ignoring officials is a pretty universal way to get around them. Once they get bored or see that it's too much work to "get you" they'll move on to the easier mark.

One thing I noticed in Moscow was I'd get suspicious looks from militsia but I usually weighed about 80 pounds more than them. They'd give me the nod and just keep on smoking. When there were two of them, they'd look a little longer... but still pass. Three actually wanted to talk... but only to drink together!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the entry stamps probably do help. Can't speak to the marriage stamp, but it does beg a question. What happens to your stamp when you replace or renew your passport? Do you get another one from zags? For that matter, what does a Ukrainian do when their travel passport is renewed? I know the internal one isn't, so is that where their stamp goes?

The marriage stamp is in her internal passport. She had to replace her internal one a while back and she just went to zags. They put a new stamp in her internal passport. I am sure if I need to replace or renew my passport I can do the same. The stamp lists our marriage date, my wife's surname and birth year. It also lists our document number I believe. I am not sure this is a mandatory stamp for me but maybe it is for a Ukrainian citizen. I am sure my wife just wanted the stamp in my passport to show ownership of me as well as a return to sender if I am ever lost in Ukraine. :rofl: Kind of like mom writing your name in your underwear when you went to camp as a kid. :lol:

Timeline

Yes I have a tattoo. I thought all men have one. :rofl: I actually received a stamp in my passport from zags. I was married in Ukraine. Not sure what benefit it has. My wife has one too.

ah OK. Actually we have avoided reporting that Alla is married and living in the US as we own property there. However, for future security we recently added her mother to the deed for the apartment so that way, if if they "catch on" that Alla is no longer a permanent resident they won;t triple our taxes!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The marriage stamp is in her internal passport. She had to replace her internal one a while back and she just went to zags. They put a new stamp in her internal passport. I am sure if I need to replace or renew my passport I can do the same. The stamp lists our marriage date, my wife's surname and birth year. It also lists our document number I believe. I am not sure this is a mandatory stamp for me but maybe it is for a Ukrainian citizen. I am sure my wife just wanted the stamp in my passport to show ownership of me as well as a return to sender if I am ever lost in Ukraine. :rofl: Kind of like mom writing your name in your underwear when you went to camp as a kid. :lol:

Alla usually announces ownership by hooking her arm through mine and holding on for dear life. ever notice how Ukrainian couples walk? :rofl: There is no doubt the announcement is made to all those other hussies! "THIS ONE IS MINE! He IS OLD, BALD, FAT and he is ALL MINE! Go get your own or I will gouge out your eyes with my high heels!"

Gary And Alla

So, get a new passport, then zags updates all necessary stamps manually. Sounds par for the course. Thanks for answering. As to the ownership thing, you know it could be worse. :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.