7 posts in this topic

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

I keep getting this error trying to check for touches. I originally thought maybe I couldn't use the NOA receipt number and was waiting to find out my biometrics one, but it looks to be the exact same number as was on my NOA.

I am signed up for the email updates, and got notices when the package was received. I did not get an email when my biometrics were scheduled-- Is that normal? I just got the hard copy for biometrics today.

Any thoughts as to what I could be doing wrong? :S I long to be touched!

Edited by jezebelseven
UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

I'm a fellow June filer (welcomed you in the thread) and the same thing happened to me :)

There's nothing wrong with your numbers, I checked multiple times-- it just takes forever for them to update it.

The form G-1145 only lets you know when they receive it, to opt for email/text updates your case has to show up online unfortunately :bonk:

Mine took two weeks to show up, and one of them still gives you the error message. Ah well, at least the case is moving!

692186zjad3k7xja.gif

05/20/10 | Married!

AOS Timeline

06.16.10 | Package received at Chicago Lockbox

06.24.10 | NOA-1 Hard Copies received in the mail

06.28.10 | Biometrics letter received; scheduled for 07/15

07.10.10 | Request for Evidence letter in mail

07.16.10 | Touched: I-485 (RFE accepted, case resumed)

07.22.10 | EAD (I-765) Approved! - day 36

08.05.10 | EAD received!

09.01.10 | AOS Interview in Orlando, FL - Rescheduled

09.22.10 | Rescheduled AOS Interview - day 97 - APPROVED!!

10.02.10 | Green Card received!!

(View my timeline for the complete list)

Miscellaneous Timeline

08.19.10 | Applied for a Social Security Card

08.26.10 | Received Social Security Card in the mail

10.08.10 | Applied for unrestricted SS Card in married name

Okie doke! I had a feeling it may just be typical slowness but thought I'd double check. Wasn't expecting my biometrics so soon (although it looks like it's pretty average timing), so I was taken off guard a bit today! hehe :) I'll just keep trying once every few days and hopefully have a good surprise waiting someday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

I keep getting this error trying to check for touches. I originally thought maybe I couldn't use the NOA receipt number and was waiting to find out my biometrics one, but it looks to be the exact same number as was on my NOA.

I am signed up for the email updates, and got notices when the package was received. I did not get an email when my biometrics were scheduled-- Is that normal? I just got the hard copy for biometrics today.

Any thoughts as to what I could be doing wrong? :S I long to be touched!

Couple of things - have you registered? I get the feeling you are just checking by typing in the numbers. Set up an account here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp enter the NOA numbers and it will create a "portfolio" for you. If the numbers can't be found, be patient. Now that you have the biometrics letter the numbers should be available online.. but as was said above, sometimes it takes a while.

I assume when you say you signed up for email updates you mean the G-1145. The ONLY texts/emails you will get using that is that they HAVE your file and that you got the NOA1's. Well.. those are the only ones I got though once I signed up for the portfolio stuff I mentioned above, I was getting texts about case updates online and then had to log in to check what they were.

As for specifically biometrics, no. i didn't receive any alert that it was coming.. even with the G-1145 and the email/text alerts. You'll see from the case stuff online there isn't a space for it so they don't update you.

Couple of things - have you registered? I get the feeling you are just checking by typing in the numbers. Set up an account here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp enter the NOA numbers and it will create a "portfolio" for you. If the numbers can't be found, be patient. Now that you have the biometrics letter the numbers should be available online.. but as was said above, sometimes it takes a while.

Tried both registered and just typing it in, same result, case not found. :( Boo. Oh well, just have to keep checking back every so often I suppose. Trying not to read too much into it, bad habit! :P Thanks folks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

And today, it works! Hurrah for not having to be too patient ;)

And looks like I was touched Wednesday. Signed up for the email and text alerts. :)

Grats! At last :D remember for some people it's not always totally accurate but I check it anyway :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.