papajj

DCF China question

7 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has already been asked, I spent a while searching the forums but came up emty handed.

I was planning to go the DCF route but I had a question regarding the 6 months resident issue? Although I have been in China for the better part of 3 years, my most recent residence permit was only issued about 3 months ago. Before that I was on a tourist (L) visa since fall of 09 when I returned from a few month trip to visit family in the US. Will I still be able to do DCF now, or will I need to wait another 3 months?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's sort-of a tough one to call - as you've had PRIOR CHINA RESIDENCE PERMITS, even before the L visa.

IMO, try now and see what they say ?

Wuhan Rocks !

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I think your residency will be measured from when your interview occurs. If I'm right about that, you will almost certainly have been a resident for well over 6 months by the time it counts.

Good luck. Make sure you have very strong proof of bona fides. Several of my friends were given quite a hard time in GuangZhou. Save EVERYTHING and take LOTS of pictures.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think your residency will be measured from when your interview occurs. If I'm right about that, you will almost certainly have been a resident for well over 6 months by the time it counts.

Good luck. Make sure you have very strong proof of bona fides. Several of my friends were given quite a hard time in GuangZhou. Save EVERYTHING and take LOTS of pictures.

No, you are wrong about that. The context of the question relates to whether the consulate will accept the initial filing, so residence prior to filing the petition is at issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sorry if this has already been asked, I spent a while searching the forums but came up emty handed.

I was planning to go the DCF route but I had a question regarding the 6 months resident issue? Although I have been in China for the better part of 3 years, my most recent residence permit was only issued about 3 months ago. Before that I was on a tourist (L) visa since fall of 09 when I returned from a few month trip to visit family in the US. Will I still be able to do DCF now, or will I need to wait another 3 months?

Thanks in advance!

I used nothing but all pages of my passport showing the time I entered the country and affidavits from my landlord attesting to the fact that i have been physically present in our rented home for the last year. That worked for me I think they weigh the presented evidence and take you for your word as it is punishable under the purgery law ;)

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - any news?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.