foofoo89

A 21 years old student applying for his fiance

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Dear Visajouneyers,

I am 21 years old right now and currently enrolled at a University. I am in the process of applying my fiance to come over to the states with K-1 visa. She is having her interview in three weeks, I am quite nervous and afraid of visa denial. Do you guys mind telling me what are the percentage of visa denial for Malaysia?

Everything is well-prepared:

We have all the evidence and stuff

The only thing I am worry about is the affidavit of support. As a student, I only have an annual income of 9,000 dollars; however, I have a co-sponsor with an annual income of 40K with only two dependents. So, what are the possibilities of acceptance or denial?

Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dear Visajouneyers,

I am 21 years old right now and currently enrolled at a University. I am in the process of applying my fiance to come over to the states with K-1 visa. She is having her interview in three weeks, I am quite nervous and afraid of visa denial. Do you guys mind telling me what are the percentage of visa denial for Malaysia?

The only thing I am worry about is the affidavit of support. As a student, I only have an annual income of 9,000 dollars; however, I have a co-sponsor with an annual income of 40K with only two dependents. So, what are the possibilities of acceptance or denial?

Jeff

I am not sure about Malaysia but being a student is not a problem. A couple of weeks ago my fiance had his interview and he got approved and I am also a college student and haven't worked in a couple of years....Be positive and hopefully your love one with be with you soon!!! Good Luck!

Edited by claudia2212

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

God willing, she's gonna get it. It's great you got a co-sponsor so you being a student is not a problem. You also state you have all the documents they(embassy) need as proof of relationship. No worries my friend. I just suggest you give her a call or skype and do a mock interview with you acting as the embassy consular. There's a lot of sample questions on VJ for the K1 visa.

Good luck and wish you the best together!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Isaac and Hilda

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear Visajouneyers,

Jeff

Hello,

I've also got a similar situation. I am a student and almost ready to send in my petition. Since my biographical form states I am not currently employed, I am also a college student, should I include a paper stating I will have a co-sponsor(s) or include the I-134s? I don't want to be denied my petition simply because they believe he will become a public charge.

Thanks for all your help and time.

Skye

Timeline

Hello,

I've also got a similar situation. I am a student and almost ready to send in my petition. Since my biographical form states I am not currently employed, I am also a college student, should I include a paper stating I will have a co-sponsor(s) or include the I-134s? I don't want to be denied my petition simply because they believe he will become a public charge.

Thanks for all your help and time.

Skye

I sent in the petition as it is without stating that I will have a co-sponsor or stuff and they approved my petition. Personally, in my biographical form, it also states unemployed but they still approved my petition and has granted my fiance's an interview date. Hope this will help.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent in the petition as it is without stating that I will have a co-sponsor or stuff and they approved my petition. Personally, in my biographical form, it also states unemployed but they still approved my petition and has granted my fiance's an interview date. Hope this will help.

Thank you very much!! :luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I'm not as familiar w/ the K-1 process, but my understanding is that only certain consulates accept a joint sponsor during the K-1 process. You should check to see that your consulate accepts them. Additionally, if they are accepted, you have to make sure that the amount that they have is the amount required by USCIS. I'm assuming if you went to the lengths of finding a co-sponsor, you know this, but just want to make it explicit. I don't know what the amount is for each of your situations (and am too tired to try to find it out), but you should double check if you haven't figured it out already.

Married - 3/12/10

AOS Filed - 5/13/10

Biometrics received - 6/5/10

Biometrics done - 6/9/10

RFE Received 6/10/10

Touched - 6/7/10, 6/16/10, 6/17,10 (all)

RFE delivered - 6/29/10

Resumed processing - 6/30/10

EAD Production Ordered - 7/2/10, 7/8/10, mailed 7/15/10

Touched - 7/6/10, 7/8/10 (485, 765)

Touched EAD - 7/16/10

EAD Received!! - 7/17/10

Interview - August 30, 8:45- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, you don't have to explain financials with the initial petition. Foofoo, you will probably be okay if your consulate accepts joint sponsors. If your joint sponsor makes 125% of poverty threshold for himself plus his dependents plus your beneficiary (likely around 20-25,000), you're fine. Don't worry.

Other person: you don't need to deal with the financials at the petition stage. Get it ready for a couple months down the road.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Timeline

I'm not as familiar w/ the K-1 process, but my understanding is that only certain consulates accept a joint sponsor during the K-1 process. You should check to see that your consulate accepts them. Additionally, if they are accepted, you have to make sure that the amount that they have is the amount required by USCIS. I'm assuming if you went to the lengths of finding a co-sponsor, you know this, but just want to make it explicit. I don't know what the amount is for each of your situations (and am too tired to try to find it out), but you should double check if you haven't figured it out already.

Thanks for your reply. I did go and check the requirement. My co-sponsor's income is definitely 120 percent above poverty level. And from what I heard, Malaysia's embassy does accept co-sponsor. The only thing that worries me is my student's status. I am worried that being a student might be a disadvantage to my situation. But thanks to everybody who replied, I think I am overworrying.

Click on "reviews" at the top right of visajourney.com to check out people who recently went through the Malaysia consulate. Be sure to add your own after you guys are done! and good luck :)

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I did go and check the requirement. My co-sponsor's income is definitely 120 percent above poverty level. And from what I heard, Malaysia's embassy does accept co-sponsor. The only thing that worries me is my student's status. I am worried that being a student might be a disadvantage to my situation. But thanks to everybody who replied, I think I am overworrying.

If everything is in order - you'll be fine! There are a lot of people who are students (including myself) here who are petitioning/have petitioned so don't worry. :)

Married - 3/12/10

AOS Filed - 5/13/10

Biometrics received - 6/5/10

Biometrics done - 6/9/10

RFE Received 6/10/10

Touched - 6/7/10, 6/16/10, 6/17,10 (all)

RFE delivered - 6/29/10

Resumed processing - 6/30/10

EAD Production Ordered - 7/2/10, 7/8/10, mailed 7/15/10

Touched - 7/6/10, 7/8/10 (485, 765)

Touched EAD - 7/16/10

EAD Received!! - 7/17/10

Interview - August 30, 8:45- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

i think you will have nothing to worry about. I am from Malaysia and my fiance (Husband right now) is still a college student and working part time. We have his father as a co-sponsor and we got the approval anyways. Besides, he is like 3 years younger than me. It just that it took us a long time to get the K1 and the interviewer at the embassy was a lil bit cranky so she was not that friendly. You can go read my review of embassy if you want to. But I think both of you will be ok! Don't worry! Good Luck!!

Season

Timeline

i think you will have nothing to worry about. I am from Malaysia and my fiance (Husband right now) is still a college student and working part time. We have his father as a co-sponsor and we got the approval anyways. Besides, he is like 3 years younger than me. It just that it took us a long time to get the K1 and the interviewer at the embassy was a lil bit cranky so she was not that friendly. You can go read my review of embassy if you want to. But I think both of you will be ok! Don't worry! Good Luck!!

Season

Thanks everybody....all those comments ease my tension. Just hope that July 29th will be a blast....finger crossed :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.