ws6

required vaccinations????

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

When first filing the I485, are we required to send proof of vaccinations???? We don't have anything like that. At Juarez, they kept everything. Do we have to go to see a doctor for this or will this have to be done once my fiancee gets the interview for the green card? Help please.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

when filing for adjustment of status yes you need to see a civil surgeon in your state. they will transcribe your vaccinations and fill out Form I-693 to send with the initial package; since ( if its been less than 1 year and if you arrived on a K1) you shouldn't have to re-take a medical. USCIS should have copies of that since it was in the brown envelope that you gave at your POE.

now, some civil surgeons are money hungry and will force you to retake the medical ( mine did) if you're lucky your area will have a few to chose from. i was not so lucky.

use this link to find a civil surgeon in your area

Civil Surgeon Finder

Edited by Missa

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

when filing for adjustment of status yes you need to see a civil surgeon in your state. they will transcribe your vaccinations and fill out Form I-693 to send with the initial package; since ( if its been less than 1 year and if you arrived on a K1) you shouldn't have to re-take a medical. USCIS should have copies of that since it was in the brown envelope that you gave at your POE.

I am sorry, I didn't get it. So, right now, should I take my fiancee to a doctor to get the form filled out? Again, my fiance took the medical at Juarez and they even gave us this paper from the doctor's office but it doesn't say anything about the vaccinations since she didn't get any. What would you recommend? Thanks a lot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am sorry, I didn't get it. So, right now, should I take my fiancee to a doctor to get the form filled out? Again, my fiance took the medical at Juarez and they even gave us this paper from the doctor's office but it doesn't say anything about the vaccinations since she didn't get any. What would you recommend? Thanks a lot.

Your fiancee should have gotten a form called a DS-3025. This will contain a record of any vaccinations transcribed by the panel physician in Juarez, as well any vaccinations they gave her. If you didn't get the DS-3025 then you should try to contact the panel physician and get a copy of it. If you can't get a copy of it then your fiancee may need to redo the vaccinations. Even if you have the DS-3025, your fiancee may need some additional vaccinations if they didn't complete them all in Juarez.

You take the DS-3025 (if you've got it) to a civil surgeon in the US. The civil surgeon will transcribe the vaccination records from the DS-3025 to an I-693, administer any required vaccinations which haven't been administered yet, sign the I-693 and put it in a sealed envelope. You send this envelope in with the AOS petition.

Some people skip the civil surgeon, and just send the DS-3025 in with the AOS petition. Many who do this get an RFE for an I-693 signed by a civil surgeon. I'm not sure why they do this sometimes and not others, but at least one member says it depends on whether there is a copy of the DS-3025 in the documents USCIS received from the consulate. The VJ guides aren't ambiguous about this - they say to get the I-693 from a civil surgeon regardless.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

If I'm understanding the OP, his wife got no immunizations in Juarez (and thus no DS3025). That is perfectly fine because they are not required to be granted a visa.

Now that she wants to file for AOS, she must get all the required immunizations. A Civil Surgeon in the US can tell you what is required and give them or he may even send you to the health department to get them. Then the CS will fill in the immunization section of the I-693, sign it and seal it up. You should include that with the application. I would ask for a photocopy of it for my records and proofread it carefully to make sure your info is correct and he signed and dated it in the right place.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.