thaiexpat

Filing I-129F from Thailand

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I live in Thailand and on July 7, 2010 I sent , by DHL, my I-129F to the California service center. Does anyone know if they send the NOA1 by Email or snail mail to overseas applications ? Snail mail seems to take about a week to get here so if I receive a "request for evidence" is there some kind of time limit to respond ?

One more silly question -- I see others say they got a "touch" what does that mean ?

Date I-129F Sent-07/08/2010

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 07/15/2010

-- I-129F RFE(s) : 12/08/2010

-- I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 01/06/2010

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 01/10/2011

Date Package Received By NVC :

Date Package Left From NVC :

Date Received By Consulate :

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):

Interview Date (K1 Visa):

I believe that you need an American mailing address for correspondence on the NOA1 and NOA2.

A touch is an update to your case in the system. On the online updates the date will change and that is a "touch". Doesn't really mean anything but can sometimes mean action on your case.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you live in Thailand and have done so for more then 6 months then you should go with direct consular filing.

not for a fiance(e) visa.....

YMMV

Timeline

I tried, I even Emailed them in Bangkok and Direct Consular Filings are only for spouse visa's.

The USCIS. gov. web site says the same thing and even has a different address to send your packet too if you file from over seas.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I live in Thailand and on July 7, 2010 I sent , by DHL, my I-129F to the California service center. Does anyone know if they send the NOA1 by Email or snail mail to overseas applications ? Snail mail seems to take about a week to get here so if I receive a "request for evidence" is there some kind of time limit to respond ?

One more silly question -- I see others say they got a "touch" what does that mean ?

You should read a little more about the K-1 and I-134 process. Particularly the I-134 at Bangkok. In general the K-1 visa is for those intending to settle back in the US and make a domicile.

The I-134 asks that you shoe how you will support the beneficiary if granted the K-1. If you have been working in Thailand, and then propose to move to the USA, you will have great difficulty showing your employment record and ability to support you and your fiance(e).

Most people from other countries using different Embassies and Consulates will use a joint sponsor to provide the income until they are back in the US and settled with a new job. In general, the Bangkok Embassy does not accept the I-134 with a joint sponsor. There have been a few exceptions mentioned at another web site for new University graduates.

The Philippines is also another country that in general does not accept joint sponsors. There is a posting that has been up for about a week of a Visa denied because no joint sponsor allowed.

Think the entire process through.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Thanks for the info. about the I-134 at the Bangkok embassy. I thought about that so when I filed my I-129F I included copies of my guaranteed tax free US Veterans disability income that is well over the poverty income required. I thought I would give them a little heads up ahead of time then they would be aware of it before her interview. I hope that's enough for the Bangkok.

My biggest worry is can my Myanmar fiance interview in Bangkok, I don't want to start this all over again in Myanmar-- they don't like us much, and for the last year and a half I have hit nothing but dead ends trying to get married there and here [Thailand].

Timeline

I believe that Myanmar citizens can interview at the Thai Embassy in Bangkok. I know that Myanmar citizens have done this before but I do not know if the rules or policy has changed in the past few months.

The only other issue with the Bangkok Embassy is your fiance(e) needs to be conversant in either Thai or English. (I do not know the language of Myanmar (Burmese?) but they probably cannot accomodate it at the Thai Embassy.

You are good to go on the income. I just wanted you to be aware in advance as we have had two Thai members denied.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

She speaks English and Thai [ there are many languages in Myanmar - Burmese -Shan - Kayin -Chin etc: ]

I notice most people's time line says the service center cashes the check the same day or shortly after they recieve it.

CSC signed for the delivery of my 129F by DHL on July 8th and today is the 15th and they haven't cashed my check yet, should I worry or wait longer ?

At this point there is no way to check on the status of my applicationthat I know of, or is there ?

Timeline

Wait a little longer before worrying. Things have changed since they are using the intake centers. You need to see the back of the check to get your case number or receive NOA1 which will also have the WAC####### on it.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Thanks Audy , You have been a big help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.