GC2010

please help!!!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i'm a USC i filed form i-130 for my mom when i was filedin that form i add my lil sister name to it. now my mom just calling me ell me that she got a letter to go to an interview.. my question is well my lil sister get a visa to come to the USA wen my mom is coming? or if not how long after after of my mom being i the USA can she filed for my lil sister?? because in my unstanding if i filed for my sis is going to be a 10 year waiting period FYI my lil sister is only 14years old now she was about 8 or 9 when i filed for my mom.. please help

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i'm a USC i filed form i-130 for my mom when i was filedin that form i add my lil sister name to it. now my mom just calling me ell me that she got a letter to go to an interview.. my question is well my lil sister get a visa to come to the USA wen my mom is coming? or if not how long after after of my mom being i the USA can she filed for my lil sister?? because in my unstanding if i filed for my sis is going to be a 10 year waiting period FYI my lil sister is only 14years old now she was about 8 or 9 when i filed for my mom.. please help

*** I'd like get information on this as well - this is really something that needs to be addressed ***

My brother who is a USC petitioned for my Mom & Dad back on 3/1/2010 & got a NOA of I-130 dated 6/28/2010. I spoke with the NVC agents and was advised that my brother who was also listed on the Initial I-130 would not be able to travel with either parents to the USA even though he has no immediate reletives living in Jamaica. Well, it is the understanding that My Brother (USC) shoud have petetioned for my brother on a seperate I-130 and thou it would take the 8-10 yeard - currently for such a category, the applicants (Mom & Dad) could ask the CO for a waiver to pardon their son to "tag-along." I Spoke with an Immigration Lawyer that i have met through a friend and who says : 1 - My brother can file the I-130 for him (slowest) 2- My Mom/Dad can do the same which would be about 1 1/2 yrs (ok) or 3- which he recommends, seeing if my 14 year brother will be able to migrate for humanitarian reasons (which might be the best option).

*** Should there be any other comments - this we would definately appreciate it ***

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

*** I'd like get information on this as well - this is really something that needs to be addressed ***

My brother who is a USC petitioned for my Mom & Dad back on 3/1/2010 & got a NOA of I-130 dated 6/28/2010. I spoke with the NVC agents and was advised that my brother who was also listed on the Initial I-130 would not be able to travel with either parents to the USA even though he has no immediate reletives living in Jamaica. Well, it is the understanding that My Brother (USC) shoud have petetioned for my brother on a seperate I-130 and thou it would take the 8-10 yeard - currently for such a category, the applicants (Mom & Dad) could ask the CO for a waiver to pardon their son to "tag-along." I Spoke with an Immigration Lawyer that i have met through a friend and who says : 1 - My brother can file the I-130 for him (slowest) 2- My Mom/Dad can do the same which would be about 1 1/2 yrs (ok) or 3- which he recommends, seeing if my 14 year brother will be able to migrate for humanitarian reasons (which might be the best option).

*** Should there be any other comments - this we would definately appreciate it ***

number 2 sound good but is there a time limit that say anything about how long you got to be in the US b4 you can petition for somebody?? or you can petition for someone rite as you enter the USA once you get all you GC an ssn together??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

number 2 sound good but is there a time limit that say anything about how long you got to be in the US b4 you can petition for somebody?? or you can petition for someone rite as you enter the USA once you get all you GC an ssn together??

I'm doing to get this checked out to see if that would be a requirement and getback to you.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

unfortunatly just because she is listed in your mom's petition doesn't mean she was petitioned, she can't come. petition for siblings are separate.

is she prepared to leave your sister behind? it will take more than 2 years to come once your mom is a LPR. she can file for her as soon ss she gets her GC.

I agree with aleful. If you are a US citizen and you petitioned for your mom, your mom is considered an Immediate Relative (no long waiting period) and as an Immediate Relative, she is not allowed to have derivative beneficiaries (children or spouse) to accompany her, even if your little sister was named in the petition. Compare this to a green card holder parent petitioning for an unmarried son/daughter (F2B) who has kids (who are the USC petitioner's grandkids). The GC daughter/son can bring the kids. Another scenario would be a US citizen petitioning for a married son/daughter over 21. The married child is not classified as an Immediate Relative ( belongs instead in F3 Preference Category) and can bring his/her own kids with her/him.

Those who are classified as Immediate Relatives cannot bring kids with them. Immediate Relatives are:

Parents of US citizens

Unmarried Children under 21 years old of US citizens

Spouses of US citizens

The advantage of being an Immediate Relative is that you don't have to wait too long for a visa to become available. You can immigrate to the US in less than a year in most cases. The disadvantage is that if you are an Immediate Relative, you can only immigrate alone and cannot bring your kids with you. You have to wait to receive your greencard to start the process of petitioning for your kids yourself when you are already in the US.

11/17/2009 - I-130 for mom sent via Express mail

11/18/2009 - USCIS received petition

11/24/2009 - Check cashed

11/24/2009 - USCIS NOA notice date

11/30/2009 - Received 1st NOA (Thanksgiving delay)

02/17/2010 - Received 2nd NOA

02/23/2010 - AOS and IV Fee Bills Received

03/01/2010 - Paid AOS and IV Fees

03/09/2010 - AOS and IV Fees Showed as PAID (delay = system was down)

03/10/2010 - Sent IV and AOS package to NVC (I have a representative)

03/12/2010 - Package received by NVC

03/17/2010 - Package registered in the System

.......................waiting for interview schedule, sent mom a copy of the AOS and IV package

3/25/2010 - Case completed at NVC. Waiting for email notification for interview date.

4/13/2010 - Interview date set for May 13, 2010

7/12/2010 - Medical passed

7/15/2010 - Interview Schedule

7/21/2010 - Visa received from Air21 (Visayas)

8/02/2010 - US entry at POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.