I AM NOT THAT GUY

President Obama's newly picked CentCom leader once said "it's fun to shoot some people."

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

President Obama's pick to lead military operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and the Middle East is an experienced ground combat commander, but also earned a stern rebuke in 2005 for controversial comments about combat operations.

Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis, then a lieutenant general, told a crowd in San Diego that it was "fun to shoot some people" and said that some Afghans deserved to die.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years, because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said. "You know guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot 'em."

Then-Marine Corps Commandant Michael W. Hagee told Mattis to choose his words "more carefully," but also praised him as "one of the country's bravest and most experienced military leaders."

"While I understand that some people may take issue with the comments made by him, I also know he intended to reflect the unfortunate and harsh realities of war," Hagee said. "Mattis often speaks with a great deal of candor. I have counseled him concerning his remarks, and he agrees he should have chosen his words more carefully."

Military ethicists warned that Mattis's comments had the potential to cause violent events committed either by U.S. military service members or against American troops.

On Thursday Defense Secretary Robert Gates told reporters that appropriate action was taken against Mattis in 2005.

"Obviously in the wake of the Rolling Stone interview [with Gen. Stanley McChrystal], we discussed this kind of thing," Gates said. "And I have every confidence that -- that General Mattis will be -- will respond to questions and speak publicly about the matters for which he is responsible in an entirely appropriate way."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/07/james_mattis_its_fun_to_shoot.html

What man you are! Shooting down innocent people from 32000 feet from the comfort of your arm chair. You're the epitome of manhood.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What man you are! Shooting down innocent people from 32000 feet from the comfort of your arm chair. You're the epitome of manhood.

:secret: that's the air force that does that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The points are manhood is likened to murdering people who are many times more weaker than you. And that's just wrong. Even if some Afghans do abuse women, no one should take enjoyment out of killing them. None should take enjoyment out of killing anyone. I expect our elected leaders and our appointed military high-ups to have moral dilemmas and self-doubt about themselves. They should say things like "You know, every day I struggle to justify the killing of people." Instead of saying it’s fun to kill people, they should say it's horrible to kill people no matter how cartoonishly villainous they are.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Timeline

The points are manhood is likened to murdering people who are many times more weaker than you. And that's just wrong. Even if some Afghans do abuse women, no one should take enjoyment out of killing them. None should take enjoyment out of killing anyone. I expect our elected leaders and our appointed military high-ups to have moral dilemmas and self-doubt about themselves. They should say things like "You know, every day I struggle to justify the killing of people." Instead of saying it’s fun to kill people, they should say it's horrible to kill people no matter how cartoonishly villainous they are.

when surrounded by death, people adopt these outer veneers where they make fun of the dying. doctors do it too, especially those who work in the er.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

if they have self doubt, then they shouldn't be in the military.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

:secret: that's the air force that does that.

And the CIA

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, we should make it more even by either giving the Taliban aircraft or having our troops armed with AK-47s and RPGs. it has be sort of like a soccer game with no unfair advantages.

I don't like soldiers killing for fun and violating ROEs but soldiers who are filled with self-doubt aren't leadership material.

There's nothing cartoonish about IEDs unless it's Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011