lehan

Finally, my wife's Oath ceremony was today!

7 posts in this topic

At last, my wife just had her oath ceremony in Oakland CA today :) It was a great event at a beautiful theater in downtown Oakland.

So glad we are done and all is left is the passport which we are not in a big hurry for.

As far as the timeline, we sent our N-400 application in around mid March 2010 and her oath was today. So total it took less than 4 months to process the N400 which is not bad at all.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for answering all our questions throughout our journey and I wish everyone the best of luck with theirs...

Hang in there!

Congratulations.

Besides the passport, remember that you need to update her SSN card (and info) as well as going to the DMV and get her info updated there as well. I don't know about you, but my State issues different driver's licenses to citizens and LPRs/non-immigrants.

Give it a week or so before doing so since the naturalization number will not be in the system this quickly.

Congratulations once again!!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Congratulations.

Besides the passport, remember that you need to update her SSN card (and info) as well as going to the DMV and get her info updated there as well. I don't know about you, but my State issues different driver's licenses to citizens and LPRs/non-immigrants.

Give it a week or so before doing so since the naturalization number will not be in the system this quickly.

Congratulations once again!!

I knew about SSN but was not aware that had to inform the DMV. I don't think licenses are different in CA but I will check. Thanks for the tip!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! :dancing:

Hope to be in your wife's shoes in a few years :D

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.