Chris Knouse

Interview Question and validity of document

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, so my fiancee sends me link from america.gov and a pdf link that states there is a 350.00 fee for the interview per person. This was a document that was a reference for the interview preparation. I will post the link later when I return home, but for now is america.gov an official site? I don't believe it is and I am thinking this is a site for people to make money.

Can anyone here shed any light on this?

Just when we thought we winning the rat race... along comes a faster rat (i.e USCIS)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is an official U.S. government website, the fee is correct:

On the date of the appointment your fiancée should come to the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy in Kyiv. Minor children under 14 do not need to attend the interview. Your fiancée and each dependent child must pay a $350.00 non-refundable machine-readable-visa fee in U.S. dollars at the Consular Section. In case a part of the fee is paid at ProCredit Bank ($131 or $140), the corresponding difference must be paid in dollars at the Consular Section. U.S. embassy Kyiv

Timeline

Your fiancee is right "The total fee for EACH K VISA APPLICANT (including children) is $350."

The fee went up last month to $350.

You can find this information here http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/164171/pdf/k-instructions.pdf

Nov 25 2009 - While on vacation in Ukraine met my fiancee

Feb 20 2010 - Spent 8 amazing days in Caribbeans with my fiancee

April 16 2010 - Traveled to Ukraine

April 22 2010 - Returned to US

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

July 06 2010 - NOA 2 Hard copy received

July 11 2010 - NVC still still didn't receive approved petition from USCIS. Sent inquiry via email to NVC regarding my case

July 13 2010 - USCIS claims that they sent my petition on July 6th to NVC. Sent inquiry to USCIS.

July 21 2010 - USCIS sent email saying approved petition was lost in transit, asking to submit duplicate copy in order to reconstruct my case

July 29 2010 - Duplicate copy sent to Vermont Service Center.

August 10 2010 - USCIS sent email. Original petition found

August 10 2010 - second NOA 2 issued.

August 12 2010 - NVC received petition

August 13 2010 - NVC forwarded the case to Kiev embassy !!!

September 6 2010 - Medical Exam

September 27 2010 - INTERVIEW!!!

September 27 2010 - Visa Approved!!!

October 5 2010 - Arrived to US!!!

4dc0fd55f0.gif 828551138d.gif

Maybe you can find relevant info about the K1 Visa interview at the US Embassy website.

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

FYI, Consulate Visa fee for K1 Visa has been increased to $350 since 4 June, 2010.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Chris,

It will cost $350 per visa. In my case I have my Fiancée and her daughter.... so $700 for me. I think you are in the same boat. In addition to this there will be $125 per person for the medical exam and then any vaccinations needed are extra. I would expect to pay at least $1000 for all this at the minimum.

What age is her son? There are some important things you need to do if he is under 16 and doesn't have his own passport. Go to: http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step1.html and read all of it.

(then after you marry, get ready for another hefty fee for AOS!) whistling.gif

Good Luck,

Tom

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, so my fiancee sends me link from america.gov and a pdf link that states there is a 350.00 fee for the interview per person. This was a document that was a reference for the interview preparation. I will post the link later when I return home, but for now is america.gov an official site? I don't believe it is and I am thinking this is a site for people to make money.

Can anyone here shed any light on this?

VJ is not an official site.

The fee is $350 per person applying for a visa. PLUS medical exam PLUS AOS fee for each person after arrive to adjust status.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

VJ is not an official site.

The fee is $350 per person applying for a visa. PLUS medical exam PLUS AOS fee for each person after arrive to adjust status.

The question was, is america.gov an official site.

Timeline

Sometimes the government will use .com addresses (just to be confusing?) so you have to be careful to know if it is official or not. However, the .gov URLs are reserved exclusively for the US Government. So, if you go to a .gov site, it's official.

Yeah, bummer about the fees. I just paid the $700 for Diana and Denys and 'can't wait' to pay the $1k+ each for the AOS. sigh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.