WoodenRobot

IRS tax transcript last 3 years?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bhutan
Timeline

I have my interview end of this July, i sent 2006, 2007 & 2008 tax transcripts when I applied for n-400. My question is should I take with me the same transcript years or 2007 to 2009 (since tax year has just passed) to my interview?

Is form 1722 same as tax transcripts? Also i would appreciate you telling me how to get hold of IRS representative to request tax transcripts? I've tried calling 800-829-1040 everything is automated messages..(I've forgotten how to do it..)

thanks a bunch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'd suggest taking the returns for 2006-2008 and also the new 2009.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=148237,00.html

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

I have my interview end of this July, i sent 2006, 2007 & 2008 tax transcripts when I applied for n-400. My question is should I take with me the same transcript years or 2007 to 2009 (since tax year has just passed) to my interview?

Is form 1722 same as tax transcripts? Also i would appreciate you telling me how to get hold of IRS representative to request tax transcripts? I've tried calling 800-829-1040 everything is automated messages..(I've forgotten how to do it..)

thanks a bunch

They'll ask for the 2009 return, so have it ready.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

hi, i have a question..where on the tax return would reflect that you are a resident of the US? and will it be a problem if the name on the MFJ tax return shows the unmarried name instead of the married one?

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

hi, i have a question..where on the tax return would reflect that you are a resident of the US? and will it be a problem if the name on the MFJ tax return shows the unmarried name instead of the married one?

It won't - they know by running your social security number what your status is. Also, no problem on the maiden name - you have areas in your N-400 to show your married and previous (maiden) name.

Newlyweds, you're all over the forum asking different questions that often do not even matter in the N-400 (I-94 is of no issue once you have your GC for example). Stick to the topic you opened up here and continue asking your case-related questions - answers will come.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Dumb question about the tax transcripts...what are they? I submitted all my tax returns for the last 3 years, which were the 1040's, along with W2's of both me and my wife...and the Fed tax returns...now do I need something different from those? Is a transcript something different?

Dumb question about the tax transcripts...what are they? I submitted all my tax returns for the last 3 years, which were the 1040's, along with W2's of both me and my wife...and the Fed tax returns...now do I need something different from those? Is a transcript something different?

It's an official IRS transcript of your federal filed taxes so nothing else is needed. They seem to trust the transcripts more than filed copies of returns. You can get them rather fast, especially if you have a fax right next to you.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

thanks a bunch

The easiest and safest answer is yes, take all the returns you submitted, but make sure you take 2009 tax returns (and a copy) in case they want to keep it. My guess is they will only ask for 2009 but it doesn't hurt to bring all with you.

It will not matter. As long as the married box is checked and you are still married - the name is no longer a key factor of being married.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

In case you don't know: there is this KILLER question from USCIS that asks if you EVER have declared yourself as a non-immigrant on any tax return.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

My husband had an ITIN number for our taxes when we both lived in Canada before we ever considered moving to the US. Is that considered being a non-immigrant on a tax return?

03/29/2003 Our wedding in Canada

04/30/2004 I became a Permanant Resident of Canada!

IR-1/DCF

09/19/2006 Filed I-130

09/19/2006 I-130 approved!

10/05/2006 Packet 3 arrived with approval letter.

10/19/2006 Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

10/20/2006 Montreal receives Packet 3

01/23/2007 Everything currently on hold due to Adam Walsh Act :(

03/14/2007 E-mail from Montreal saying i'm clear from USCIS on Adam Walsh Act

03/22/2007 Got e-mail from Montreal that interview is May 22nd!

05/15/2007 Finally received interview letter

05/22/2007 Approved!!!!

05/28/2007 Visa arrived!!!

05/31/2007 Big move to the US

06/12/2007 SSN arrived

06/22/2007 Welcome letter arrived

06/28/2007 10 year Green Card arrived!!!

N-400

05/31/2010 Eligible to apply for citizenship

It won't - they know by running your social security number what your status is. Also, no problem on the maiden name - you have areas in your N-400 to show your married and previous (maiden) name.

Newlyweds, you're all over the forum asking different questions that often do not even matter in the N-400 (I-94 is of no issue once you have your GC for example). Stick to the topic you opened up here and continue asking your case-related questions - answers will come.

I apologize for asking so much in the forums, I just really want answers coz I want to apply for this 319b asap before we run of time being overseas for more than a year.

Anyway,i was concerned with what happened to my I-94 and I thought this site was the best place to ask people. And I felt I would need to know coz if ever it should be there in my passport and it's missing, since I'm applying for the N400 319 b, if it goes thru without the problem, I would've to go travel back to the US using my passport. I couldn't risk losing any form of file that I should have, so I ask even though people probably raised their eyebrows on my query lol I'd rather ask and be called ignorant than to have immigration question me for discrepancies lol

In case you don't know: there is this KILLER question from USCIS that asks if you EVER have declared yourself as a non-immigrant on any tax return.

yup and that made me so concerned because when my husband did turbotax, there was a question to click, resident, nonresident, etc. I told him I can't call myself a resident yet since at that time I didn't get my card yet, I was unsure if I was approved yet or not. And I think we may have just clicked nonresident.. but i cannot recall though.. we did talk to the IRS, we asked for transcripts and the operator said the tax transcripts doesn't reflect anything regarding immigration. and i am stil trying to figure which part exactly on the tax returns it would say that

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

I apologize for asking so much in the forums, I just really want answers coz I want to apply for this 319b asap before we run of time being overseas for more than a year.

Anyway,i was concerned with what happened to my I-94 and I thought this site was the best place to ask people. And I felt I would need to know coz if ever it should be there in my passport and it's missing, since I'm applying for the N400 319 b, if it goes thru without the problem, I would've to go travel back to the US using my passport. I couldn't risk losing any form of file that I should have, so I ask even though people probably raised their eyebrows on my query lol I'd rather ask and be called ignorant than to have immigration question me for discrepancies lol

If you are overseas on orders from the government (which includes being a spouse of a person serving this country), then I doubt the 1 year rule applies. I think you need to talk to someone to get these facts clear - I think you are worrying over something that is completely acceptable for people in your situation.

yup and that made me so concerned because when my husband did turbotax, there was a question to click, resident, nonresident, etc. I told him I can't call myself a resident yet since at that time I didn't get my card yet, I was unsure if I was approved yet or not. And I think we may have just clicked nonresident.. but i cannot recall though.. we did talk to the IRS, we asked for transcripts and the operator said the tax transcripts doesn't reflect anything regarding immigration. and i am stil trying to figure which part exactly on the tax returns it would say that

As long as you were not a LPR, then this will not count (or will be omitted). If the date on the return is prior to your AOS approval date, then you filled the form correctly.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

What the question is basically aimed at is people who were residents (legal or not legal) by being present for over 180 days a year in the USA, yet claimed to be NON residents on their tax returns in order to GAIN tax benefits.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

What the question is basically aimed at is people who were residents (legal or not legal) by being present for over 180 days a year in the USA, yet claimed to be NON residents on their tax returns in order to GAIN tax benefits.

that explains it better lol i did notice that part which asked if i've been in the US for more than 6 months in the yr 2009, which i didn't since i've set foot since october lol but thank you again for sharing your thoughts on the matter, it means a lot :) i so love visajourney lol it saves the stress, and most importantly the $$ haha everybody would always tell me to do it thru an imm. lawyer, i always tell them i have VJ lol

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.