andrada

Can I file N-400 since I -751 is till pending and my LPR will expire?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Does anybody have the email address to VSC?

USCIS lists the e-mail addresses of the Service Center's in this pdf.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/SCOPS%20Update%20Final0810.pdf

VSC = vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes, you can do this. Bring the expired passport, the two passport photographs and they will create an I-94 for you and staple it into the expired passport. The I-94 will be valid and should cover you until the time your 10 year card is approved.

As the others have said, you will need to wait until you have been a permanent resident for 5 years (less 90 days) to file for citizenship now. You need to be still married to qualify under the 3 year option.

Good luck

Why is required two passport photographs? In addition, where did you make the passport photographs?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is required two passport photographs? In addition, where did you make the passport photographs?

They take one of the passport photos and attach it to a document they create that you can use to prove that you are legally in the US. They keep the other passport photo on file as a record of the action (perhaps creating a duplicate document, I don't know for sure). They then attach this document into the expired passport and it verifies that you are the same person.

You can get passport photographs made many places. Walmarts, many pharmacies, many Camera stores - all of these places can make passport photographs. They are not very expensive - anywhere from $8 to $15 depending on where you go.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

They take one of the passport photos and attach it to a document they create that you can use to prove that you are legally in the US. They keep the other passport photo on file as a record of the action (perhaps creating a duplicate document, I don't know for sure). They then attach this document into the expired passport and it verifies that you are the same person.

You can get passport photographs made many places. Walmarts, many pharmacies, many Camera stores - all of these places can make passport photographs. They are not very expensive - anywhere from $8 to $15 depending on where you go.

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your assistance. In addition, as per my conversation with a USCIS representative I am still confused in regard with my case. He was told me that my I-751 is still pending (since august 2008,so my 1 year extension will expire soon )and asserted that I will be able to obtain an extension even if my passport is expired. Also , he suggeted me to bring the law with me because sometimes the people that work from my local office might not know about this . He recommend me to schedule an infopass the next day after my expiration. I am concerned about my situation and please advise me regarding this situation. Moreover, do I need to discuss with a attorney?

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your assistance. In addition, as per my conversation with a USCIS representative I am still confused in regard with my case. He was told me that my I-751 is still pending (since august 2008, so my 1 year extension will expire soon and asserted that I will be able to obtain an extension even if my passport is expired. Also , he suggested me to bring the law with me because sometimes the people that work from my local office might not know about this . He recommend me to schedule an info pass the next day after my expiration. I am concerned about my situation and please advise me regarding this situation. Moreover, do I need to discuss with a attorney

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your assistance. In addition, as per my conversation with a USCIS representative I am still confused in regard with my case. He was told me that my I-751 is still pending (since august 2008, so my 1 year extension will expire soon and asserted that I will be able to obtain an extension even if my passport is expired. Also , he suggested me to bring the law with me because sometimes the people that work from my local office might not know about this . He recommend me to schedule an info pass the next day after my expiration. I am concerned about my situation and please advise me regarding this situation. Moreover, do I need to discuss with a attorney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You shouldn't need an attorney unless there appears to be a problem with approving the I-751. I also wouldn't make the Infopass for the day after your current stamp expires. I would make it at least a week before the current one expires so there would be an overlap. Have you already had your status extended once then if you filed in August 2008 - or did you mean August 2009. If it has taken this long you may wish to also get your Senator or Representative to work for you. They can contact USCIS and ask why there is no decision yet.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

As I mentioned before I filed my I -751 in august 2008 and my extension will expire on august 2009. I already scheduled an infopass appoinment 2 weeks ago and they advised me to retorn the next day after my expiration because they will not able to do nothing before my expiration. Does sombody was in the same situation as me??? Any feedback will be appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I contact the Senator or Representative?

As I mentioned before I filed my I -751 in august 2008 and my extension will expire on august 2009. I already scheduled an infopass appoinment 2 weeks ago and they advised me to retorn the next day after my expiration because they will not able to do nothing before my expiration. Does sombody was in the same situation as me??? Any feedback will be appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I contact the Senator or Representative?

Filed: Timeline

Andrada the posts in this thread are all informative. But I think there appears to be a conflict between your approved vawa and the pending i751 waiver. This conflict has kept things pending. vawa and waivers are handled by sep. departments. Many times denials and delays come because of departmental confusion. Your good faith waiver needs 5 years of residence for N400. You are at a risk of getting your n400 denied by an officer who will go with the 5 year rule looking at your pending waiver.

Questions:

Why not pull put or cancel the waiver? you have an approved vawa no?

Sorry if I have missed this one, but was your 751 waiver based on abuse?

Mr2100: your case was different, no 2 cases are the same.

Timeline

Does sombody encounter this situation before?quote name='3600rs' date='12 July 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1278938374' post='4059588']

Andrada the posts in this thread are all informative. But I think there appears to be a conflict between your approved vawa and the pending i751 waiver. This conflict has kept things pending. vawa and waivers are handled by sep. departments. Many times denials and delays come because of departmental confusion. Your good faith waiver needs 5 years of residence for N400. You are at a risk of getting your n400 denied by an officer who will go with the 5 year rule looking at your pending waiver.

Questions:

Why not pull put or cancel the waiver? you have an approved vawa no?

Sorry if I have missed this one, but was your 751 waiver based on abuse?

Mr2100: your case was different, no 2 cases are the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.