IndigoSkies

Friedrich Nietzsche

8 posts in this topic

“A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.”

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

“A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.”

I, personally, prefer this one from Paul: "For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

But anyways, Nietzschze did provide some good thoughts, even for those of us who believe.

Peace,

Bishop

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My professor (Sande Cohen) in college would tell us that Nietzsche is one of the most misinterpreted and misunderstood of modern philosophers.

Sande Cohen. History Out of Joint: Essays on the Use and Abuse of History. (Parallax, Re-Visions of Culture and Society.) Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. 2006. Pp. vii, 307. $55.00. In his first book Sande Cohen mounted a critique of academic "historical culture" (Historical Culture: On the Recoding of an Academic Discipline [1986]); here he expands his view to historical writing more generally, although the readership is unspecified. This book, which claims to be a work of "philosophical criticism" (p. 2), is a set of complex variations on post-Nietzschean themes in which the author worries over a large number of contemporary opinions and (largely French) post–World War II theories about history, both event and interpretation. With almost every argument built on a quotation or its refutation, the book illustrates Friedrich Nietzsche's view that "there are no facts, everything is in flux, incomprehensible, elusive; what is relatively enduring is our opinion" (The Will to Power). Yet somehow Cohen hopes to connect "history" as historiography and history as culture, and for him, as for Nietzsche, this means working out the paradoxes of language. Cohen is skeptical about historical knowledge but not really about his opinions and the possibility of "escaping from" narration for the public good. In this effort Cohen also turns to the Los Angeles Times, Joel Fineman, Jacques Derrida, Jean-François Lyotard, Gilles Deleuze, Félix Guattari, and many others. Not that he wants to be bound to the past, for he says, "I read Nietzsche because I am besieged by words of command" (p. 34), and as "last reader" he wants to be his own master.

http://www.historyco...112.5/br_6.html

Timeline

My professor (Sande Cohen) in college would tell us that Nietzsche is one of the most misinterpreted and misunderstood of modern philosophers.

http://www.historyco...112.5/br_6.html

I won't claim a deep familiarity with him, other than some passing references in college and through my faith. However, as a very amatuer apologists, it seems that I am often called to rally against most of his works...guess it 'goes with the cloth' <haha> However, from a personal side, I have always found his comment that 'God is Dead' to be rather intriguing. I've always thought that his comment, when interpreted from the viewpoint that the Western world has 'killed' the God of Christianity, to be highly plausible. I don't know if this is what he meant by 'God is dead'...but it does bear consideration from this light.

With the West being such a 'literal' society, there simply is no room for mystery, not even in religion. Hence, 'God is dead', is really stating thatthe concept of mystery is not acceptable in the West. I guess that is why I am Catholic, because we still believe in the mystery of God. For this, we are easy targets :help::lol:...because we admit that we 'dont know who is going to Heaven/Hail' and don't know how the Eucharist becomes the body and blood of Christ...we don't care to take a stand of evolution vs. creationism...etc, because this is all the mystery of God, which is something I think Nietszche realized... :innocent:...

So, we just enjoy

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I won't claim a deep familiarity with him, other than some passing references in college and through my faith. However, as a very amatuer apologists, it seems that I am often called to rally against most of his works...guess it 'goes with the cloth' <haha> However, from a personal side, I have always found his comment that 'God is Dead' to be rather intriguing. I've always thought that his comment, when interpreted from the viewpoint that the Western world has 'killed' the God of Christianity, to be highly plausible. I don't know if this is what he meant by 'God is dead'...but it does bear consideration from this light.

With the West being such a 'literal' society, there simply is no room for mystery, not even in religion. Hence, 'God is dead', is really stating thatthe concept of mystery is not acceptable in the West. I guess that is why I am Catholic, because we still believe in the mystery of God. For this, we are easy targets :help::lol:...because we admit that we 'dont know who is going to Heaven/Hail' and don't know how the Eucharist becomes the body and blood of Christ...we don't care to take a stand of evolution vs. creationism...etc, because this is all the mystery of God, which is something I think Nietszche realized... :innocent:...

So, we just enjoy

That's a really insightful observation, brother. I don't claim to understand much of Nietzche either. My professor was captivated by Nietzche's work. I remember in one of the classes I took of his, the required reading was what he considered the best German to English translation of one of Nietzche's works. I can't remember the title, but I do remember something about how cows crazing on a hill are content because they make no connection from one moment to the next....or something like that. :jest:

Timeline

That's a really insightful observation, brother. I don't claim to understand much of Nietzche either. My professor was captivated by Nietzche's work. I remember in one of the classes I took of his, the required reading was what he considered the best German to English translation of one of Nietzche's works. I can't remember the title, but I do remember something about how cows crazing on a hill are content because they make no connection from one moment to the next....or something like that. :jest:

Ya...cows grazing on a hill are content because they make no connection from one moment to the next...would be definitely as Eastern philosophical concept, which would have been lost on the Europeans minds of Nz's time.