cris and tina

I - 130 application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

my husband who is an american citizen filed an I-130 application for me his spouse last june 16,2010...and im just wondering how many days are we going to wait to receive the NOA1..im here in the Philippines and my husband goes back to the USA already. Iam totally clueless about this petitioning process, so please share some ideas on how this whole process works, how many days or months before i can be with my husband in the USA..thanks in advance

Edited by the journey

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Mar 4, 2011 - hubby got NVC notice

April 3, 2011 - paid AOS online, emailed choice of agent

April 6, 2011 - AOS status PAID - NVC acknowledged choice of agent thru email

April 18 2011- paid IV bill online

May 18, 2011 - Send AOS Package

May 26, 2011 - Send DS230

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 9, 2011 - mailed required docs for RFE

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Jul.21,2011- SIGN IN FAILED

Jul 24,2011-called NVC and AVR stated CASE COMPLETED on Jul 20

Aug.24-25, 2011 - Medical at st.Lukes...PASSED!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT 12, 2011 - INTERVIEW SCHED at US EM MANILA......PASSED

SEPT. 16,2011 - VISA ON HAND

..all my bags are packed im ready to go..yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It takes a couples of weeks to get the NOA1. Check out the guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

It will give you an idea of how the process goes and what will happen from this point on.

Good luck on your journey!

Edited by engineer21
AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Timeline

It takes a couples of weeks to get the NOA1. Check out the guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

It will give you an idea of how the process goes and what will happen from this point on.

Good luck on your journey!

thanks for the advise....this whole process is really overwhelming....i do read a lot of stories of different people who also filed the I-130 and their stories and experiences with the whole process differs from each other, some just waited a lil months and there are only days...but there are also who waited a year or years and some still waiting until now.So im just hoping that our case wont take that long cz its really hard living away from ur loveone...thanks again....hoping for the best......

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Timeline

thanks for the advise....this whole process is really overwhelming....i do read a lot of stories of different people who also filed the I-130 and their stories and experiences with the whole process differs from each other, some just waited a lil months and there are only days...but there are also who waited a year or years and some still waiting until now.So im just hoping that our case wont take that long cz its really hard living away from ur loveone...thanks again....hoping for the best......

until now we havent receive any reply from the USCIS regarding the I-130 application my husband filed last june.....:(

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this! Good luck and stay strong. Since it's been so long, it might be worth it to follow up with them and see if there's any problem. Maybe it got lost in the mail or email?

06/06/2009 - Met bf in the USA who is an EWI from Guatemala (I am a US Citizen)

07/03/10 - Met with Immigration lawyer, informally engaged

??/??/10 - Formal engagement (notifying family, etc.)

??/??/?? - Married

??/??/?? - File I-130

After marriage we plan to follow our lawyers advice and have him return to Guatemala to wait for the paperwork, interview, etc. to go through. We'll apply for a hardship waiver because he's been EWI in US for about 5 years. He plans to get his GED before he returns to Guatemala so he can go to university there while he waits. This makes more sense instead of him working FT for $200 a month when I can easily send him that money and he can go to school instead.

Timeline

Sorry to hear about this! Good luck and stay strong. Since it's been so long, it might be worth it to follow up with them and see if there's any problem. Maybe it got lost in the mail or email?

omg..i think i know now the reason why until now we havent heard from USCIS regarding the I 130 application we mailed last june 16....we mailed it to this address since we use couriers/express delivery (thinking this is the right address for that)

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn- 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

but now i check on the USCIS web site it says there it should be mailed to this address:

Any U.S. resident petitioner submitting a completed stand alone I-130 by courier/express delivery, should use the following address:

USCIS Lockbox

Attn: SAI-130

131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

oh my....what should i do now....i tried calling the 1800 number but i cant contact them here in manila...i also tried the 7853301048 number to call if ur in the philippines,..but its not accessible according to the automated voice on the phone....

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

any tracking info with the delivery service you are using ? what's it 'saying' to you on some online web portal ?

let us know which delivery service you used, perhaps we can point you in the right direction for 'tracking info' ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

any tracking info with the delivery service you are using ? what's it 'saying' to you on some online web portal ?

let us know which delivery service you used, perhaps we can point you in the right direction for 'tracking info' ?

i used the local post office here in manila but thru registered mail service so there is a tracking number...

anybody there who has the same mistake as me?what happened to ur case pls share cz im really freakin out now...

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Timeline

i used the local post office here in manila but thru registered mail service so there is a tracking number...

anybody there who has the same mistake as me?what happened to ur case pls share cz im really freakin out now...

goodnews guys..my hubby just informed me that he received the NOA1 today...thank God it didnt gt lost in the mail and it was forwarded to the correct dept ..so we gt the NOA1..yayyyyyyyyyy..........

thanks to all .......

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

no attempt to track it ? oh :( you have many posts about this ... recently...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.