5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have seen postings on this both ways and wonder whether any 2010 filers for AOS who came through the K1 process could advise.

I had the full medical and vaccination profile in the UK in Nov 2009 and will file for AOS in August 2010 after marriage.

The most recent advice notes for the I-693 medical form say that if you've had that you don't need to file that form. However I've seen some posts that say i do need to get the vaccination signed and transcribed by a civil surgeon, but they go back a few years. I can send a copy of my DS-3025.

What have recent filers done?

Many thanks!

I went to civil surgeon to have my medical/vaccination records transcribed to I-693 form. Then sent in I-693 and DS-3025 together for AOS.

Spent a little money, gave myself a peace of mind and stopped worrying about medical RFE :)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I have seen postings on this both ways and wonder whether any 2010 filers for AOS who came through the K1 process could advise.

I had the full medical and vaccination profile in the UK in Nov 2009 and will file for AOS in August 2010 after marriage.

The most recent advice notes for the I-693 medical form say that if you've had that you don't need to file that form. However I've seen some posts that say i do need to get the vaccination signed and transcribed by a civil surgeon, but they go back a few years. I can send a copy of my DS-3025.

What have recent filers done?

Many thanks!

We sent ONLY the DS-3025 (a certified copy with a raised seal, but I don't know how crucial that is) from his medical in New Zealand. Check your own DS-3205; does it have the box next to "all vaccinations complete" ticked? If so, you SHOULD be okay. We also wrote in the list of package contents (in our cover letter) something to the effect of "form DS-3205, showing completion of required vaccinations, as per section 'blah blah' of I-485 instructions"

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We sent ONLY the DS-3025 (a certified copy with a raised seal, but I don't know how crucial that is) from his medical in New Zealand. Check your own DS-3205; does it have the box next to "all vaccinations complete" ticked? If so, you SHOULD be okay. We also wrote in the list of package contents (in our cover letter) something to the effect of "form DS-3205, showing completion of required vaccinations, as per section 'blah blah' of I-485 instructions"

Thanks for the feedback. Annoyingly, in London they have a policy of checking the "incomplete' box to cover themselves should the requirements change between the medical and filing the forms. This seemed like nonsense to me but the lady wouldn't change her mind. If I put that explanation in the cover letter and point out that the boxes on the form are in fact all filled out, I hope that will be good enough. i think a cover letter is certainly a good idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I went to civil surgeon to have my medical/vaccination records transcribed to I-693 form. Then sent in I-693 and DS-3025 together for AOS.

Spent a little money, gave myself a peace of mind and stopped worrying about medical RFE :)

Ditto to this. Requirements HAVE changed since November btw. HPV is no longer required and something else as well. If you want to risk an RFE then that's fine, but just as long as you are aware that this is what you're risking, and a delay of 30-60 days to boot.

DS-3025 doesn't need to be certified. If the "incomplete" box is ticked, you're more likely to get an RFE. Mine was ticked incomplete (even though it wasn't :S) and I went aand paid $50 for a CS transcription. Better than an RFE in my personal opinion as the RFE holds up the AP and EAD as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.