Rugby7

Getting notified about NOA1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have mailed the K1-packet in and I am wondering how will I be informed that I have a NOA1? Do I get an email? A letter? When I get the NOA1, is there a website I can track my progress and look at to see the touches?

Im looking at other peoples time lines and many have the NOA1 2 days after the center has received the packet, so is it safe to assume they email you?

Thank you for any answers!!

Met in 2006... dated since 2008, engaged March 2010= Married January 21, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 6/28/10

I-129F NOA1 : 7/7/10

I-129F NOA2 : 10/29/10

NVC Received : 11/4/10

Packet 3 Sent : 11/29/10

Visa Received : 1/4/11 !!!!!

US Entry : 1/17/11

Marriage : 1/21/11

AOS package sent: 1/24/11

EAD and advanced parole 3/22/11

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

NOA is a form I-797C, which comes in the mail.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I have mailed the K1-packet in and I am wondering how will I be informed that I have a NOA1? Do I get an email? A letter? When I get the NOA1, is there a website I can track my progress and look at to see the touches?

Im looking at other peoples time lines and many have the NOA1 2 days after the center has received the packet, so is it safe to assume they email you?

Thank you for any answers!!

As was previously stated, your NOA1 will arrive in the mail. Don't worry if you miss the mailman on delivery day--it's not something you need to sign for. NOA1 (Form 1-797C) pretty much confirms that they have received your packet at USCIS. It will tell you that your packet will go through the usual process of verification.

Your NOA2 will also arrive in the mail and it will tell you whether or not your peition has been approved. It will tell you that your packet is being handed over to the NVC.

To answer your question: Yes, you can visit the USCIS wesbite to review the status of pending I-129f up to the point it is handed over to the NVC. If you're not sure where to find it you can go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

If you look at the menu of the left side of the screen you will see the heading "After I File." You will most likely want to utilize the links "Check My Case Status" as well as "Sign-Up For Case Updates."

Now, in order to use these handy online tools you will need to know your 10 digit USCIS Case Number. It will be listed on your NOA1, HOWEVER, there's a nifty little trick for possibly obtaining your case number prior to receiving your NOA1 in the mail...

Keep an eye out for your cancelled check from USCIS. When they endorse the check you've submitted to cover the fee of your I-129f, they will stamp your case number on the back! It is a 10 digit number which begins with "EAC...." It's not uncommon for your check to clear the bank before you receive your NOA1 and you can start using the online status tools before you receive your NOA1. So long as you know your Case Number, you can use the online status tools to your heart's content.

The nifty little tool, "Sign-Up For Case Updates" allows you to create an "account" with USCIS which will generate email and/or cellular text messages whenever there's a change in your status. It's free to use.

Hopefully this answers your questions in more detail. Just remember that the average time to receive your NOA2 can vary up to a few months. It's my personal opinion that the I-129f step with USCIS is when most of us get impatient for a response. Once everything gets to the NVC, the process tends to fly so fast, you'll wish you had more time!

b935d5d962.png

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 22, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Mar 03, 2010 - Arrived at CSC

Mar 08, 2010 - NOA-1

Mar 09, 2010 - Touched

May 25, 2010 - NOA2 (Approved in 83 days from NOA1 date)

Jun 17, 2010 - Packet 4

Jun 30, 2010 - Medicals & Vaccinations

Jul 15, 2010 - Interview Date (221g "Pending Approval-Police Certificate)

Sep 15, 2010 - Visa adjudicated, printed, & Mailed via DHL

Sep 17, 2010 - Visa pick-up date

?? - POE USA

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Marriage

?? - Start AOS process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.