^_^

someone tried to open my front door last night

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It was midnight and I was on my laptop. My wife was watching TV. We hear noises from the front door, thought it was the wind. The noise persisted and I got up to look. There was a guy, young looking, with what appeared to be luggage... trying to open my storm door with a key. He looked frustrated. He tried for about a minute, without him knowing I was watching. Then he rang the doorbell. I didn't immediately open, he kept trying to open the storm door with his key. Then I opened the door and asked him what do you want? He asked me if someone (I won't use the name) lives here. I said no. I asked him what address he had. He had my address, but the wrong name. He apologized for bothering us so late at night and left.

My wife was freaked out by it all and insisted I let the cops know. So I did. They came by, and seemed unconcerned by my description of the individual. Young east asian guy with luggage. They asked me if I saw a car, which I did not. That was strange but it is possible he parked in the lot by the pool and walked over. GPS's always say "you have arrived" by the pool so it makes sense. I asked the cop, but why would he have a key? The cop shrugged, said they'd be on the lookout.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Eeks. Someone probably gave him a copy of their key to get in to their place. That reminds me of when a girl banged on our front door at midnight thinking she was at someone else's house too. It was very startling since it was late.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Eeks. Someone probably gave him a copy of their key to get in to their place. That reminds me of when a girl banged on our front door at midnight thinking she was at someone else's house too. It was very startling since it was late.

Yeah. I did a google map search later to see how many other towns in this state have my street address. About a dozen do :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

things like this are only cool when it's a chick and she's smokin' hot.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I just think this kind of thing probably happens a lot more frequently than most people (definitely the authorities) think.

Someone rents a house/apartment online and doesn't check to see if the person renting it actually owns it..

They meet, a fake key is handed over for the rent + deposit, and the unwitting victim is left holding the bag.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

I just think this kind of thing probably happens a lot more frequently than most people (definitely the authorities) think.

Someone rents a house/apartment online and doesn't check to see if the person renting it actually owns it..

They meet, a fake key is handed over for the rent + deposit, and the unwitting victim is left holding the bag.

Interesting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

why would you take a key and pay rent without seeing the room/apartment/house? :unsure:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

he might have got dropped of by a taxi. maybe someone gave him a key to their house incase they weren't home & he transposed a number in the address.

Or he had the right address, but the wrong town. I've seen that happen with GPS's. My BIL once ended up, using a Hertz Neverlost car, about 25 miles north of where I live while he was routed to my house.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Or he had the right address, but the wrong town. I've seen that happen with GPS's. My BIL once ended up, using a Hertz Neverlost car, about 25 miles north of where I live while he was routed to my house.

That is weird. Wouldn't zip code make it more exact?

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

why would you take a key and pay rent without seeing the room/apartment/house? :unsure:

The Goodbye Girl

In the inimitable words of Richard Dreyfus:

"Do NOT hang the panties in the bathroom!"

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

If you use GPS to get to where I work (we get a lot of 18 wheelers), it will put you in a residental neighborhood about 1/2 mile away, even using the zip code. If you use the business right next to us, it will bring you here, no problem. Google does the same thing.

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Last year my fiance didnt want her neighbors to bother he so she made it look like she was not home... about 2 AM someone started trying to get into her apartment and cut the lock on her door... she still had it deadbolted from the inside so they did not get in... she called the apt manager who called private security and the police.. the police take too long.. the private security were there right away and locked the building gates preventing the two crooks from leaving... the two guys were still alive when the cops showed up and took them away... the cops actually asked my fiance how long should they stay in jail... private security is a good thing in her country...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.