poliart

help pls... k1 visa denied

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just had my interview.

The consul said everything is fine with my papers.

However, in my fiance`s 2009 tax return, he said was not enough to support me.

My fiance is self employed. His previous years` tax returns were high except last 2009 due to losses

in his company. That`s the only thing we submitted though, his 2009 tax return.

They said this can be overcome if we can submit additional proof that he can support me.

The lady who released my passport said co-sponsor is not an option. She said my fiance can get another job, but that`s not possible at all. His time is not even enough running his business.

To those who had been through this, what other supporting evidence did you submit?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Easiest way would be assets- ie if his business has a bricks-and-mortar premises, he owns any other property, savings account, stocks and bonds etc.

Another option MAY be to show both the o,lder tax returns and current business, ie if business is better now than it was during 2009, sow that with bank account into, definite orders etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Easiest way would be assets- ie if his business has a bricks-and-mortar premises, he owns any other property, savings account, stocks and bonds etc.

Another option MAY be to show both the o,lder tax returns and current business, ie if business is better now than it was during 2009, sow that with bank account into, definite orders etc.

I agree :thumbs: Bank statements and documents that he owns some properties. You may also want to submit his tax returns for 2007 and 2008.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

My fiance is self employed. His previous years` tax returns were high except last 2009 due to losses

They said this can be overcome if we can submit additional proof that he can support me.

The lady who released my passport said co-sponsor is not an option. She said my fiance can get another job, but that`s not possible at all. His time is not even enough running his business.

To those who had been through this, what other supporting evidence did you submit?

now im scared, coz my fiance's 2008 and 2009 income tax returns are below the poverty level, but he has a job now, a permanent and above the poverty level. do i need to worry bout this or not? good thing i found this topic..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i was with ur situation before. the consul ask us also to submit add. proof of income. my husband present to them all the assets he had( my husband he's with me during my interview)but still the consul not satisfied even if it is above the poverty..actually,a months before my interview my husband he quit he's job not knowing that it is gonna cause us alot in processing of my visa...so,all he did is flew back to the US and find a job and got lucky to have one, 2 days after he start working my husband asked a letter from his employer,stated how many hrs he work per wek and the rate per hrs,then we sent it to the embassy and my visa got approved. Goodluck sayo..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

now im scared, coz my fiance's 2008 and 2009 income tax returns are below the poverty level, but he has a job now, a permanent and above the poverty level. do i need to worry bout this or not? good thing i found this topic..

@hippolyta: you don't have to worry, they are more interested in the "current sustained income". the important thing is to submit his letter of employment along with his I-134 affidavit of support that states hire date, job description, rate/hour and full-time. then it should be good.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

@hippolyta: you don't have to worry, they are more interested in the "current sustained income". the important thing is to submit his letter of employment along with his I-134 affidavit of support that states hire date, job description, rate/hour and full-time. then it should be good.

Current pay stubs showing the actual receipt of this alleged income is more important than the letter.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

hi, i was with ur situation before. the consul ask us also to submit add. proof of income. my husband present to them all the assets he had( my husband he's with me during my interview)but still the consul not satisfied even if it is above the poverty..actually,a months before my interview my husband he quit he's job not knowing that it is gonna cause us alot in processing of my visa...so,all he did is flew back to the US and find a job and got lucky to have one, 2 days after he start working my husband asked a letter from his employer,stated how many hrs he work per wek and the rate per hrs,then we sent it to the embassy and my visa got approved. Goodluck sayo..

Hi, thanks for your reply! How long after you interview did your fiance got a job? How long after you sent the docs did you receive your visa? Did you still pay for another visa fee?

My fiance is planning on filing a new tax return for part of this year to show income now as he`s self employed.

I don`t know if that`s possible and how soon he can get it. He has assets like his house but it`s mortgaged and other houses outside the US. Can that be used?

Just found out that his tax return in 2008 was also very low. Only his 2007 is way above the poverty level.

Edited by abalvarez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Current pay stubs showing the actual receipt of this alleged income is more important than the letter.

Good luck.

@ audy: sorry i forgot :)

@hippolyta: in addition submit your fiance's paystubs for the past 6 months during the interview. I've been in this situation before so you don't need to worry if he's earning above poverty guidelines. goodluck!

Timeline

Anyone, kindly give me advice please.

This is the situation. My fiance has properties which I thought could be used.

However, almost all these are in mortgage, the others has loan as he used to invest in a new business.

He has condo in US w/c is being rented out but the rent is not even enough to pay for it`s mortgage and ####`n dues.

Does a car count as asset?

What about bank deposits, how much should he have in bank for it to qualify?

Would 25k worth of deposit be enough?

His 2009 tax return showed -10,000 in line 22 of form 1040. But the gross written is 29k.

The new business is in another country in Asia which is yet to operate.

He lost a lot in business because one of his clients here in PI did not pay his products.

Please advise us what else to do.

Thank you.

Timeline

However, almost all these are in mortgage, the others has loan as he used to invest in a new business.

He has condo in US w/c is being rented out but the rent is not even enough to pay for it`s mortgage and ####`n dues.

His 2009 tax return showed -10,000 in line 22 of form 1040. But the gross written is 29k.

He lost a lot in business because one of his clients here in PI did not pay his products.

He got into a lot of debt due to that.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

He got into a lot of debt due to that.

Thank you.

The first car does not count as an asset. He can only claim a vehicle if he still has at least one other car in working condition.

For the application of assets, there are no instructions with the I-134. However the instructions for the I-864 explain some about this. See section 29 on Page 9 of the I-864. To be safe, use 5x in assets equals x dollars in income. So 25,000 in the bank is worth 5,000 per year in income.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, thanks for your reply! How long after you interview did your fiance got a job? How long after you sent the docs did you receive your visa? Did you still pay for another visa fee?

My fiance is planning on filing a new tax return for part of this year to show income now as he`s self employed.

I don`t know if that`s possible and how soon he can get it. He has assets like his house but it`s mortgaged and other houses outside the US. Can that be used?

Just found out that his tax return in 2008 was also very low. Only his 2007 is way above the poverty level.

It takes a month din b4 my husband found a job...7 weeks after we submit the docs., my visa got approved.we didnt pay for another visa fee.i think once u pay for the visa it is valid for a yr.i dont know about filing the tax maybe it can help,jus send all the papers that shows ur husband assets i mean all the papers that u might think it can help,and after u send the papers call the embassy for follow-up.my husband called twice a week after we sent the docs.i know how u feel..dont worry i know u can have ur visa soon.always think positive.keep on praying..God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.