poliart

help pls... k1 visa denied

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It takes a month din b4 my husband found a job...7 weeks after we submit the docs., my visa got approved.we didnt pay for another visa fee.i think once u pay for the visa it is valid for a yr.i dont know about filing the tax maybe it can help,jus send all the papers that shows ur husband assets i mean all the papers that u might think it can help,and after u send the papers call the embassy for follow-up.my husband called twice a week after we sent the docs.i know how u feel..dont worry i know u can have ur visa soon.always think positive.keep on praying..God bless

Thank you GineanDave. This helps. I`m not losing hope.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The first car does not count as an asset. He can only claim a vehicle if he still has at least one other car in working condition.

For the application of assets, there are no instructions with the I-134. However the instructions for the I-864 explain some about this. See section 29 on Page 9 of the I-864. To be safe, use 5x in assets equals x dollars in income. So 25,000 in the bank is worth 5,000 per year in income.

Good luck.

Hi Audy_rob, in the I134 they asked about Life insurance, do you think certificate of that can help too?

My fiance has it for 250k and cash surrender value of 120k. Our household size will only be for 2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Audy_rob, in the I134 they asked about Life insurance, do you think certificate of that can help too?

My fiance has it for 250k and cash surrender value of 120k. Our household size will only be for 2.

That should definitely help since it can be cashed within the year if needed. Also, although you never know how a Manila consul will decide, the amount of assets needed for petitioner and fiance is only 3x the shortfall between the current income and 125% of poverty level. Still, with 120000 that is over 5x anyways.

Without any income that cash will not make a difference but since he does have an income I am guessing the 120,000 will make a big difference.

Maybe have him write a good letter stating his plans to support you no matter what...his business knowledge...willingness to pay back the gov if need be..etc.

He could also amend his tax return if needed.

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.