hala_amira

N-400 interview "decision can not yet be made..."

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Hala_Amira,

At my interview the only thing they told me is that my finger prints came back from the FBI clean which was a good thing. In regards to name checks, I know that sometimes it can take a while especially if there other people with the same name. I wouldn't panic just yet (easier said then done trust me!) Sometimes it can take a few weeks to a few months. If you feel your not getting anywhere then I would suggest contacting your senator or congressman. There is always the infopass appointments if necessary. In my case though I live 4 1/2 hours from my local office, and didn't want to make the drive for "oh your case is still pending."

Hope this helps! :)

Lissa04

N-400

10/26/09 Sent application to Lewisville TX.

10/27/09 Rec'd Application signed by B. Conteh

10/29/09 Check cashed

11/02/09 Rec'd NOA date showing 10/29/09

11/09/09 Rec'd letter Bio Appointment

11/17/09 Bio Appointment 8am

11/20/09 Called FBI-Prints were sent back to USCIS same day.

12/03/09 Rec'd email from USCIS that the RFE was a mistake.

12/04/09 Rec'd email from USCIS saying that I have been transferred for an interview.

12/07/09 Rec'd letter for interview on 1/11/10 @11am in Fairfax, VA.

01/11/10 Interview completed. Passed test decision can't be made.

03/02/10 Contacted Senator's office...No reply yet!

03/04/10 Senator office called says can take up to 120 days.

04/12/10 Service request filed.

05/12/10 Contacted Senator's office again.

05/12/10 Told over the phone that I was approved. Believe it when I see it!

06/04/10 Senators office tells me the adjudicator who interviewed me thinks I have a criminal record. Send out all paper work showing no criminal record.

06/08/10 Leave for Canada

06/09/10 Get RCMP certificate showing no criminal record. Fax off to senators office.

06/23/10 Approved for Citizenship

06/24/10 USCIS contacts Senators office

06/28/10 Find out that I have been approved for citizenship and they are just waiting to schedule my oath.

07/12/10 Put in line for oath ceremony....wonder how long that will be!

08/18/10 Called USCIS confirmed they sent oath letter for 09/17/2010 at 9am.

09/17/10 Oath ceremony at 9am..... US Citizen!!!! Applied for passport.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

RECEIVED OATH LETTER Yesterday!!! Oath Date scheduled for August, 4th!!! My husband's interview was on the 15th of June.

For anyone reading this post and who will have their n-400 interview and gets a "decesion cannot yet be made" instead of "congratulations you've been recommended for approval"...doesn't always mean a bad thing!!

My husband and I think there wasn't approval right away based on

A) The officer really had to go over his whole file like he said.

B) The officer wasn't a high enough ranking officer and needed his supervisor's approval.

Or

C)Normal routine sometimes at St. Paul DO

Thanks everyone, and Good Luck to others in the same situation!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

RECEIVED OATH LETTER Yesterday!!! Oath Date scheduled for August, 4th!!! My husband's interview was on the 15th of June.

For anyone reading this post and who will have their n-400 interview and gets a "decesion cannot yet be made" instead of "congratulations you've been recommended for approval"...doesn't always mean a bad thing!!

B) The officer wasn't a high enough ranking officer and needed his supervisor's approval.

Or

Or less than seven weeks, really great for the St. Paul office that does not have the policy of same day oaths, is not in St. Paul, your certificate will say, Bloomington, MN where the office is actually located in, and in 2008, was taking close to a year between the interview and oath ceremony. They wanted to accumulate a huge crowd first.

Unless you were at the end of the line to get a much earlier date, if at the beginning, would have to wait almost a year, Minneapolis newspapers criticized this. And so did my Wisconsin senator, setting up an in the Bloomington office an oath ceremony for just a handful of Wisconsin residents. Seems like for the odd 80 some field offices, each has different policies.

We were bounced to Milwaukee for biometrics and "St. Paul" for interviews, have to say that lady we had for the AOS was very nice, can't say the same for the IO at the N-400 interview, she misplaced my wife's application. But everyone was very nice at the oath ceremony.

Where will your oath ceremony be held?

Congratulations.

Or

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Or less than seven weeks, really great for the St. Paul office that does not have the policy of same day oaths, is not in St. Paul, your certificate will say, Bloomington, MN where the office is actually located in, and in 2008, was taking close to a year between the interview and oath ceremony. They wanted to accumulate a huge crowd first.

Unless you were at the end of the line to get a much earlier date, if at the beginning, would have to wait almost a year, Minneapolis newspapers criticized this. And so did my Wisconsin senator, setting up an in the Bloomington office an oath ceremony for just a handful of Wisconsin residents. Seems like for the odd 80 some field offices, each has different policies.

We were bounced to Milwaukee for biometrics and "St. Paul" for interviews, have to say that lady we had for the AOS was very nice, can't say the same for the IO at the N-400 interview, she misplaced my wife's application. But everyone was very nice at the oath ceremony.

Where will your oath ceremony be held?

The oath will be at Bethel University which I believe is on the border of St. Paul. I think it is going to be the BIG 100+ oath ceremonies based on the location. I was actually hoping that he would have gotten a later date in august for the one at Landmark Center in St. Paul. It is a beautiful historic building downtown that was the head state court house/FBI headquarters in the early 1920s-1930s. Famous gangsters trials were there such as Alvin carpis and john dillingers girlfriend. Love , love the building actually wanted to have wedding reception there!! almost mentioned to husband saying, "maybe you could write and say you want the oath at the end of august instead!" That way it would be at Landmark center! LOL J/K

Again thanks everyone for the congrats!!!

YOUR NEXT SUNDEEP....WILL BE HOPING YOURS COMES SOON....MAYBE YOU WILL GET YOUR OATH AUG. 26TH AT LANDMARK CENTER!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The oath will be at Bethel University which I believe is on the border of St. Paul. I think it is going to be the BIG 100+ oath ceremonies based on the location. I was actually hoping that he would have gotten a later date in august for the one at Landmark Center in St. Paul. It is a beautiful historic building downtown that was the head state court house/FBI headquarters in the early 1920s-1930s. Famous gangsters trials were there such as Alvin carpis and john dillingers girlfriend. Love , love the building actually wanted to have wedding reception there!! almost mentioned to husband saying, "maybe you could write and say you want the oath at the end of august instead!" That way it would be at Landmark center! LOL J/K

Again thanks everyone for the congrats!!!

YOUR NEXT SUNDEEP....WILL BE HOPING YOURS COMES SOON....MAYBE YOU WILL GET YOUR OATH AUG. 26TH AT LANDMARK CENTER!!!!!!

Our oath ceremony was in the same waiting room on the second floor on the far west side we waited hours for our visits. This time, my wife was no longer afraid of all those armed guards like it was the first time we went there. Feel I was the only one there that was happy she got her certificate, she had to work until 2:00 AM that morning, and we had to be there at 7:30 AM, both of us were dead tired.

That happiness came to a quick end when she got in the car and realized she couldn't travel anymore, more things had to be done. We all the problems we had in getting her ten year card, her employer red flagged her, can't blame them, could be fined by our state up to $16,000.00 for hiring an illegal. She only had her ten year card for seven weeks, with extensions, and all the problems and trips we made to Bloomington to keep her legal, well she really did not want to surrender that card. Her first big joy was showing her certificate to her employers legal department, there she received the really big congratulations. Was panic after we sent that one and only certificate to the DOS as to whether we would ever see it again. We also had to take care of SS, voters registration, and the DMV that also gave us a very difficult time. Then it was finally over.

Well not exactly, dreaded those long trips to no big fat parking zone downtown Chicago to visit her home country consulate to maintain her foreign passport were over. We are treated like traitors to her county and are treated very rudely, keep us waiting for up to seven hours and handle anyone before us for her to get her foreign passport so she can visit her mom. That is not over for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.