rehwa

interview Qusetion

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do I have to send my Bank statement to my wife or just give her my LES(like a monthly pay statement) to show my monthly income.

(I don't have too much money on my bank account) then, my wife has a house in china but she doesn't have a job for a long time. she is 27yrs old

is it ok she bring her real estate deed to interview? by the way, I'm in the Army, so Army is going to provide the housing for my wife.\

So i don't have to worry about the AOS problem, right?

thanks Darnell u really help me a lot.

02/23/2010-----sent i130 to uscis

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

05/03/2010-----NVC Received

05/05/2010-----got Case# and sent OPTIN For EP

05/07/2010-----paid AOS bill

05/11/2010-----show AOS paid

05/21/2010-----Paid IV bill

05/25/2010-----Received GZO#, show IV paid& send I864,DS230 via email

06/25/2010-----SIF,received email from NVC CC

08/10/2010-----interview in Guangzhou approved !!

09/xx/2010-----Enter U.S.A at JFK

Timeline

Give her 6 to 10 LES's, including as current of one as possible.

No Bank statement required, per se, unless you are using cash assets on the I-864.

re: her assets/house - not included in AOS computations, usually.

If she has a house in Wuhan or Chengdu - let me know - always interested to purchase ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Give her 6 to 10 LES's, including as current of one as possible.

No Bank statement required, per se, unless you are using cash assets on the I-864.

re: her assets/house - not included in AOS computations, usually.

If she has a house in Wuhan or Chengdu - let me know - always interested to purchase ;)

I heard a lot people got white ticket on CR1 visa recently. We don't have wedding dinner party because I don't have time to do it.

but we still got a lot pics to show VO, and my wife have a military spouse ID card,but expired this yrs in March.

my duty station in germany, she visited germany about 3 months for stay with me, before I deploy to AFG. should I write a letter to VO (sign by my commander)

to prove my marriage.

by the way. I love chengdu, thats my city. miss there so much.

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate thread removed :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

1. I-864 - include 3 years of tax returns, to NVC, as well as the LESs. Remember you are in the military, so comparisons/computation at 100 percent of the poverty line, not 125 percent (that civilians must use )

2. evidence presented on interview day, bring all . IMO, military spouse ID card is powerful. Rare to see at GUZ IV unit.

3. add in your evolution of relationship letter with the DS-230, see

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260331-wife-speaks-no-english/page__view__findpost__p__3995116

for my example. Covers language ability, communication ability, dates for trips, major timeticks on events. Also have her bring a current one to interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

1. I-864 - include 3 years of tax returns, to NVC, as well as the LESs. Remember you are in the military, so comparisons/computation at 100 percent of the poverty line, not 125 percent (that civilians must use )

2. evidence presented on interview day, bring all . IMO, military spouse ID card is powerful. Rare to see at GUZ IV unit.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260331-wife-speaks-no-english/page__view__findpost__p__3995116

for my example. Covers language ability, communication ability, dates for trips, major timeticks on events. Also have her bring a current one to interview day.

Thank you very much Darnell. I think We should be ok

I am a 100% Chinese, live in china 20 yrs,so there is no language problem between us. I knew my wife about 10yrs. both us are first marriage and same age and live in the same city. but anyway, I will write a letter to VO to explain why we don't have a wedding party.

thx a lot again

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

Timeline

by the way, What does "IMO" mean?

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

Timeline

PS: I only gave 2009 W2 with no TAX return to NVC. because the deployment so I'm not able to do my TAX. the Army TAX office tell me to do my TAX with

2010 together. also the NVC tell me it is OK for JUST have one year W2 because I'm in the military. but I still worry about that. haha

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

by the way, What does "IMO" mean?

IMO - In My Opinion

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Timeline

rehwa - you might be ok with just one year's worth of tax data, but I'm not so sure.

I am sure that GUZ IV wants to see 3 years of tax data on the I-864.

Is possible to have the tax transcripts on prior years faxed, same day - so if yer post's clerical center has usa telephone # for the fax machine, all can come in to you via fax, same day.

Who knows? yer a bit of a special case (military, posted on active duty overseas, wife stayed with you in Germany already), maybe you not need any 3 years of tax data, but IMO, better to have all then none. NVC 'screeners' are not the same as GUZ IV 'screeners', is different standards - GUZ IV a bit tougher than NVC.

Timeline

PS: I only gave 2009 W2 with no TAX return to NVC. because the deployment so I'm not able to do my TAX. the Army TAX office tell me to do my TAX with

2010 together. also the NVC tell me it is OK for JUST have one year W2 because I'm in the military. but I still worry about that. haha

These are little 'bumps in the road', and IMO, you need to provide a one-page letter of attestation covering these topics, include with the I-864 that she's handing in on interview day.

Timeline

These are little 'bumps in the road', and IMO, you need to provide a one-page letter of attestation covering these topics, include with the I-864 that she's handing in on interview day.

thank you for your opinion, I got the interview day today, its on 8/10/2010. For NVC, they already knew I short TAX return form, and I already told them this is my first W2 ever, so no Tax return at all, they said its ok don't worry about. who knows What GUZ gonna do on my case. refuse it?

I sent email to GUZ today see what they say about that. if not, I will send letter to obama,see how they take care this army wife. LOL

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

Timeline

GUZ IV is much 'harder' than NVC for doing real-time evaluations on the I-864.

Sorry.

Stick with the letter of attestation, about your failure to file any tax return. At some point, when you DO file, be sure to file 'jointly' with her ITIN or SSN (ITIN needs W-7 form, don't sweat anything for future filings, for now)

But seriously - GUZ IV is not NVC.

NVC is looking for 2 things;

1. meet minimal requirements

2. forms filled out completely.

GUZ IV is looking for SUSTAINED (PRIOR) income and/or FUTURE income, income levels, propensity for yer wife to become a public charge, or not.

Is not same 'gradebook' used at NVC for GUZ IV, at all. GUZ IV carefully evaluates what comes in from NVC, is different standard, always.

HISTORICALLY, GUZ IV wants to see 3 years of tax data. You don't have this - so this letter of attestation will be useful, MAYBE even required for your wife's casefile and interview day.

Is a small thing, really, but in the big picture, it could be the small thing that trips you up, she gets denied on interview day.

Just because NVC 'accepts it' doesn't mean GUZ IV will 'accept it', as well - IMO - that letter of attestation will be useful, on interview day.

IMO, that 'letter of attestation' should have been included with the I-864, on submittal into NVC. Gives GUZ IV time to review it, as well, prior to interview day, as 'all NVC stuff' comes across in the casefile, via SAFEFILE, on NVC EP casefiles. You have an opportunity to create this, now, get it to yer lass, prior to interview day. Also IMO, she'll need it on interview day.

GOOD LUCK !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

GUZ IV is much 'harder' than NVC for doing real-time evaluations on the I-864.

Sorry.

Stick with the letter of attestation, about your failure to file any tax return. At some point, when you DO file, be sure to file 'jointly' with her ITIN or SSN (ITIN needs W-7 form, don't sweat anything for future filings, for now)

But seriously - GUZ IV is not NVC.

NVC is looking for 2 things;

1. meet minimal requirements

2. forms filled out completely.

GUZ IV is looking for SUSTAINED (PRIOR) income and/or FUTURE income, income levels, propensity for yer wife to become a public charge, or not.

Is not same 'gradebook' used at NVC for GUZ IV, at all. GUZ IV carefully evaluates what comes in from NVC, is different standard, always.

HISTORICALLY, GUZ IV wants to see 3 years of tax data. You don't have this - so this letter of attestation will be useful, MAYBE even required for your wife's casefile and interview day.

Is a small thing, really, but in the big picture, it could be the small thing that trips you up, she gets denied on interview day.

Just because NVC 'accepts it' doesn't mean GUZ IV will 'accept it', as well - IMO - that letter of attestation will be useful, on interview day.

IMO, that 'letter of attestation' should have been included with the I-864, on submittal into NVC. Gives GUZ IV time to review it, as well, prior to interview day, as 'all NVC stuff' comes across in the casefile, via SAFEFILE, on NVC EP casefiles. You have an opportunity to create this, now, get it to yer lass, prior to interview day. Also IMO, she'll need it on interview day.

GOOD LUCK !

Thanks for tell me that. I told my commander about my case, He will write the letter for me also the army TAX office will sign that for me. you know, I'm ESL, so it is better let high Rank army officer write for me haha!

have u ever see any case like my case?.

03/05/2010-----NOA1

03/25/2010-----NOA2

Timeline

No, not exactly like your case.

Several similar cases, where spouse lived with military person on base, OR

military expedite granted because of overseas deployment OR

scant tax data.

but never 'Naturalized USC, former PRC person, IN THE US MILITARY, petitioning for PRC spouse who lived together overseas at Army Base with scant tax data'.

Never. You're a special case.

But hei - I'm only one guy, ah ? Is possible someone else has run into someone in your exact situation. I think if all is prepped, and I do mean all, then she has excellent chance on interview day.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.