Batta

Thursday - Chicago Arabesque

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good morning all,

Nothing to report still working this social security issue. Husband went to immigration office and they see his name but they said they are still missing some information.

Went back to Social security and still after 24 days they cannot find his name!

Today is start of arabic fest in Chicago.. so if you are there and have time visit the event

http://chicagoarabesque.com/index.htm

Have a great day

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

6.10.jpg

Awesome Batta! I liked that website and learning about Chicago's first Arab American Festival. I wish we could have been there for it. I like the dancing in the video.

Last night I went to the Tastefully Simple party and one of the hosts friends Husband goes to the Jewish Synagogue here. She was late because she was setting up for their Deli Days festival which is a fundraiser.

Deli DaysThursday, June 24 11:00a

Congregation Ahavath Beth Israel Synagogue, Boise

Sandwich choices feature Kosher corned beef, pastrami, turkey and hot dogs. Side dishes will include a wide variety of delicious items such as knishes, Israeli salad, hummus, Kosher pickles and pita chips.

She invited everyone to it and I talked to dh about it last night. We've both never seen the inside of a Synagogue and so we're going to go because they will give us a tour.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Good morning everyone... i pray all is well with everyone... i am so ready to move from Birmingham but not enough money to do it :crying: ... my daughter goes to camp sponsored by campfire usa... this is her second year... yesterday out of nowhere they had a drive-by shooting... :angry: they managed to get everyone in the building safely... the lady over the building said she had been requesting another building in a better area....it's shameful when people do things like this... back in 2008 Birmingham was ranked 6th as the most dangerous city in the country.... i wanna cry... i wanna move to atlanta or somewhere else... in Georgia they have the lottery and they have the hope scholarship... in alabama they are trying to put away with gambling... oh about the arab american festival.. i would love to go to something like that and even jewish festival... i love diversity :thumbs: ... i thank God for diversity... now i gotta call my youngest daughter's father and tell him what happened and hear him say"you can pay me for keeping her" again :bonk: ....i'm so glad i have a sensible husband now... :thumbs::luv:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline
helpsmilie.gif Wonderful I am shocked and sorry to hear about the drive by shooting at your daughters camp. I hope everyone is alright. Waleed & I want to move too but it's going to take some time until we can save up enough money. First we both have to find full time employment. I hope that you may move somewhere safer soon. rose.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

helpsmilie.gif Wonderful I am shocked and sorry to hear about the drive by shooting at your daughters camp. I hope everyone is alright. Waleed & I want to move too but it's going to take some time until we can save up enough money. First we both have to find full time employment. I hope that you may move somewhere safer soon. rose.gif

Thanks Cleocatra...i pray all of us will be able to move where we want to and be safe...how are you and Waleed doing...i pray that you guys find want you want in employment and a place to live that you like :thumbs:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

Hola MENA! (F)

Hope everyone has a great day. Today is suppposed to be hotter than yesterday which was 107 to 109 in many parts of the city SOOOO....does that mean 112 today?!? :crying:

Is it Friday yet??? :P

107 to 109 :crying: .. and i thought it was hot here... annie how was the movie for the kids... did they enjoy it... i want to go see it... i think Aya said she saw it too...

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Wonderful~ that is terrible about the crime in Birmingham! I have to tell ya though, I moved away from Atlanta about 11 years ago. I didn't even live in the city limits but outside of the perimeter and the crime was just as terrible there too.:(

My daughter was in middle school and they had a drive by shooting at her school one afternoon. She was staying after for soccer practice and when I heard about it, well I just about freaked out.

My sister lives within the city limits and she pays for private schooling for her 2 daughters. After seeing the public school systems in Fulton County, I really don't blame her.

I feel the best move I did for my kids was moving them here to Florida. :thumbs:

I hope everything turns out well for you and your family!

I wish they had some kind of Arabic Fest down here!!! Chicago's too far away!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

:star: Happy Thursday MENA! :star:

Its more humid in upstate NY than hot - I mean really freakin' humid, thank goodness H & I finished ALL the yardwork yesterday - gonna kick back and enjoy the yard for rest of the weekend! Had biometric appt June 10, just waiting for AOS appointment letter ... :whistle:

Take care everyone!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Wonderful~ that is terrible about the crime in Birmingham! I have to tell ya though, I moved away from Atlanta about 11 years ago. I didn't even live in the city limits but outside of the perimeter and the crime was just as terrible there too.:(

My daughter was in middle school and they had a drive by shooting at her school one afternoon. She was staying after for soccer practice and when I heard about it, well I just about freaked out.

My sister lives within the city limits and she pays for private schooling for her 2 daughters. After seeing the public school systems in Fulton County, I really don't blame her.

I feel the best move I did for my kids was moving them here to Florida. :thumbs:

I hope everything turns out well for you and your family!

I wish they had some kind of Arabic Fest down here!!! Chicago's too far away!!

:wacko: what in Atlanta too.. say it ain't so... oh well... there has got to be somewhere to move where it's safe, not too expensive and not too chaotic with travel... i'm sorry about your daughter having to go through that... wow...that's insane... i'm glad she's alright... i wanna go to the arabic fest too... they should have it in every town... wouldn't that be wonderful :luv::yes:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

Afternoon everyone! It's 108 outside! Toooooo hot.

Wish we had an Arab American Festival here. Our Arab population is low with mostly students attending

the University of Arizona. Only a handful of Egyptians.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Wonderful and the drive-by. What a horrible experience. I don't blame you

for wanting to move. Just take care and be careful.

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening. I'm gonna find something cool to drink with lots of ice. Our cold

water is lukewarm!! Come on winter where at least the water is cooler!! :yes:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Wow, Wonderful ... sorry to hear that. :( I hope your call goes better than you think! ;) Sometimes people can surprise you...well a few! :P

Jeanne...our water is horribly warm too...My SIL asked if the hot water heater was on...LOL! I had to explain that no, in the summer in AZ we only have two kinds of water...warm and VERY hot! Ice cubes are our friends! :rofl: Imagine that I'm explaining this to someone from Egypt....tells ya a bit about how hot it really is here! :crying:

Oh...Toy Story was pushed back till tomorrow! We wanted to take our neighbor and her daughter with us since she "loves" my nephew so much! :blush: We had a fathers day BBQ at their home (she's 3) and when my nephew left to go home w/out saying goodbye to her...she cried till he came back to hug her. :luv::lol:

Timeline

My Zay El Hawa cd came in the mail today.. :thumbs::dance: :dance: yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy... now i wished that hubby's greencard will do the same.... :yes::whistle: ... hey jeanne and annie...sorry about the hot weather you are getting... thanks everybody for thinking about my daughter... i appreciated that :thumbs:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're planning to go to the arab festival in Milwaukee Wisconsin on the lakefront (just outside of chicago) http://www.arabworldfest.com

It will be our first year going, its in August, so if you miss the one in Chicago this gives more time to plan ahead. Hotel discounts included on the webpage. Several mosques and halal restaurants/markets nearby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.