ivantulier

Has anyone use agency to help fill out paper work for CR-1

21 posts in this topic

I have looked for different agencies to help with the process I just wanted to find if any have used one to help filling out the papper work which to me is more complicated than to fill out your taxes. Thanks for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello My friend!! Welcome here!

To me you can do this by yourself, visit "EXAMPLE FORMS" - "GUIDES" and you can always ask here, for sure somebody will give you some advice...Believe-me!! You can go under USCIS.COM website and find the forms and explanation as how to fill out.

I´m telling you those things ´cause We(My hubby & I) Hired a lawyer that just Fu..us...He started our process back 03/2008 and now I´m near to get my interview date, because they lost our docs., filled out forms with wrong information e blablaba...and just delay our entire process in 2 years...Unfortunately, that time I had no idea about VJ, only when I got here I notice that my process was been messed up by that jerks.Take a time, read, you are able don´t worry...most couples here use to do By themselves... So many others had problems with lawyers.

My best for you.

Adriana & Henry

Marriage:12-18-2007

event.png

girlpowersmiley.gif

I love being married.It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy, for the rest of your life. =)upherebl.gif

kyt3m3.png

USCIS Journey

I-130 NOA1: 09-11-2009

I-130 NOA2: 03-24-2010 - 194 days from NOA1 to NOA2 :o

NVC Journey

04-01-2010 : NVC Received and assigned case / I-864(AOS)and IV fee Bill paid

05-05-2010 : Return Completed I-864(AOS)& DS-230

06-04-2010 : Medical Exams - Done

06-21-2010 : Case Completed at NVC (SIF) Tks Dear Lord! Finally =)

08-04-2010: Interview Date - RJ 7:15am - APPROVED!!!!

08-12-2010: POE - LAX Woohoo...Our dream come true!!! =)

08-23-2010: Welcome Letter received by mail!! Nice =)

08-26-2010: Exactly 14 days after my POE, I got my GC by mail, I'm so Happy !!!

as1cHr40g410300ODgzMTI3fDkzMDk4bHxQYXJ0eSBpbiBVU0EhISEgV2VcJ3JlIEFQUFJPVkVE.gif

Hello My friend!! Welcome here!

To me you can do this by yourself, visit "EXAMPLE FORMS" - "GUIDES" and you can always ask here, for sure somebody will give you some advice...Believe-me!! You can go under USCIS.COM website and find the forms and explanation as how to fill out.

I´m telling you those things ´cause We(My hubby & I) Hired a lawyer that just Fu..us...He started our process back 03/2008 and now I´m near to get my interview date, because they lost our docs., filled out forms with wrong information e blablaba...and just delay our entire process in 2 years...Unfortunately, that time I had no idea about VJ, only when I got here I notice that my process was been messed up by that jerks.Take a time, read, you are able don´t worry...most couples here use to do By themselves... So many others had problems with lawyers.

My best for you.

Adriana & Henry

To be honest I have looked the example and for me its not as clear so I don't want to take a chance to be separted from my wife for a long period of time if I screw up the paper work so thats why I want to look for an agency that is resonable in price and is familier with dealing with the embassy in the Philippines. One guy was going to charge me 1200.00 for his services.

Its either you do it or hire a lawyer that will cost you ungodly.

Just look and analyze the sample forms and you will get by. Most of us here did it by ourselves. Just double, triple check all the information before you send it to the service center so you won't screw up anything.

Good luck. :)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Its either you do it or hire a lawyer that will cost you ungodly.

Just look and analyze the sample forms and you will get by. Most of us here did it by ourselves. Just double, triple check all the information before you send it to the service center so you won't screw up anything.

Good luck. :)

I have seen some agency that are very low cost. One thing is what I read is not totaly clear and cut you have to dig deeper. I am more a visuale person when it comes certain things so I rather not take the chances on doning on my own.

Thanks

It really isnt that hard to do yourself. I have read on here where someone paid one of those services (or lawyer)and messed up on one of the forms (granted the person should have double checked and verified everything). It's not that hard...just answer the questions literally...dont think too much into them. In most cases if you get a lawyer it will slow down the process. No one cares as much about getting the visa than you. If you can check up all the time yourself instead of waiting for an update. Most lawyers will wait for the NVC to send stuff out when you are at that stage....We still have never received any hard copy anything from the NVC...they are extremely slow.

What is unclear and which form? $1200 extra could buy a lot of clothes and for your wife. The process is expensive enough as it is, not alone to add to the expense with a lawyer or "service."

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

It really isnt that hard to do yourself. I have read on here where someone paid one of those services (or lawyer)and messed up on one of the forms (granted the person should have double checked and verified everything). It's not that hard...just answer the questions literally...dont think too much into them. In most cases if you get a lawyer it will slow down the process. No one cares as much about getting the visa than you. If you can check up all the time yourself instead of waiting for an update. Most lawyers will wait for the NVC to send stuff out when you are at that stage....We still have never received any hard copy anything from the NVC...they are extremely slow.

What is unclear and which form? $1200 extra could buy a lot of clothes and for your wife. The process is expensive enough as it is, not alone to add to the expense with a lawyer or "service."

I have looked into to web site one was this one http://www.filipinafianceevisa.com/ which is the least expensive that I have found.

To be honest I have looked the example and for me its not as clear so I don't want to take a chance to be separted from my wife for a long period of time if I screw up the paper work so thats why I want to look for an agency that is resonable in price and is familier with dealing with the embassy in the Philippines. One guy was going to charge me 1200.00 for his services.

You should pay your wife $1200. to handle the paperwork! :thumbs::yes:

I am not stupid to do that I am just saying that because I was quoted with that amount.

Why is it stupid? :blink: It is simply a suggestion. It might be a good idea. Maybe your wife would enjoy the work...and enjoy the $1200. too.

Why is it stupid? :blink: It is simply a suggestion. It might be a good idea. Maybe your wife would enjoy the work...and enjoy the $1200. too.

One my future wife is not familer with the paper work and second the 1200 was quote that was given and in which I mean that I am not stupid to pay someone else that type of money.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

FWIW, nobody is "familiar with the paper work" until they have completed it.

My wife and I did all of our paperwork together and we don't regret it. It was something that we were able to accomplish as a team. We both learned a lot about other in the process (such as how we learn things and tackle problems).

It really isn't that complex and honestly any service or lawyer is going to request the same amount of information just on different forms and then they will transcribe your answers to the USCIS forms.

Why not do as much as you can and then return to VJ with questions about the rest of it?

FWIW, nobody is "familiar with the paper work" until they have completed it.

My wife and I did all of our paperwork together and we don't regret it. It was something that we were able to accomplish as a team. We both learned a lot about other in the process (such as how we learn things and tackle problems).

It really isn't that complex and honestly any service or lawyer is going to request the same amount of information just on different forms and then they will transcribe your answers to the USCIS forms.

Why not do as much as you can and then return to VJ with questions about the rest of it?

Well if get through this and figure it all out on to do it then I will write book for dummies on how to fill out Government paper :D

It looks very hard when you first look at it. But if you are willing to search topics, look at shortcuts, and examples you will be able to do yourself. PLus if you get stuck or are not sure you just come here and ask.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I am not stupid to do that I am just saying that because I was quoted with that amount.

One my future wife is not familer with the paper work and second the 1200 was quote that was given and in which I mean that I am not stupid to pay someone else that type of money.

Maybe your future wife would be willing to learn the paperwork. Have you asked her?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.