7 posts in this topic

So I got my interview date in the mail on Friday and it is set for July 23rd, it was a bitter sweet thing as it is nice to know I am moving forward but also that I am terrified of the interview.

What is the minnimum you need for this?

I have

marriage license

copy of car isurance with both our names

bank accounts with both names

will try and get added to cable and water/power etc account

We are unable to add me to the mortgage as it was a special one and will cost more if we do, do you think that will matter?

Will get a bunch of photo's from things we have done since I have been here.

Copy of contracts for wedding reception as we are having ours in Sept.

Any suggestions to make this a painless interview?

Jason

Edited by zaskar

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

When i had my interview last march, i did bring all my docs. But the IO only asked for any evidence that both have our names on it like health insurance, apt. lease, electricity bills, purchase reciepts, etc. That's it. :yes:

So your good to go. :thumbs: Goodluck!

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

It might also help to look at other users' experiences at your local USCIS office here:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Good luck, and don't stress! :)

692186zjad3k7xja.gif

05/20/10 | Married!

AOS Timeline

06.16.10 | Package received at Chicago Lockbox

06.24.10 | NOA-1 Hard Copies received in the mail

06.28.10 | Biometrics letter received; scheduled for 07/15

07.10.10 | Request for Evidence letter in mail

07.16.10 | Touched: I-485 (RFE accepted, case resumed)

07.22.10 | EAD (I-765) Approved! - day 36

08.05.10 | EAD received!

09.01.10 | AOS Interview in Orlando, FL - Rescheduled

09.22.10 | Rescheduled AOS Interview - day 97 - APPROVED!!

10.02.10 | Green Card received!!

(View my timeline for the complete list)

Miscellaneous Timeline

08.19.10 | Applied for a Social Security Card

08.26.10 | Received Social Security Card in the mail

10.08.10 | Applied for unrestricted SS Card in married name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I got my interview date in the mail on Friday and it is set for July 23rd, it was a bitter sweet thing as it is nice to know I am moving forward but also that I am terrified of the interview.

What is the minnimum you need for this?

I have

marriage license

copy of car isurance with both our names

bank accounts with both names

will try and get added to cable and water/power etc account

We are unable to add me to the mortgage as it was a special one and will cost more if we do, do you think that will matter?

Will get a bunch of photo's from things we have done since I have been here.

Copy of contracts for wedding reception as we are having ours in Sept.

Any suggestions to make this a painless interview?

Jason

my suggestions are:

life, insurance, health insurance, letters that address to you or to you both in the same addres where you live right now. A letter from a neighbor or close friend addressing the Immigration that your relationship are true. about the mortgage, its okay if you're still not in that documents.I think.

Goodluck!:):star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I had my interview just 2 days ago. The guy was kind of a douche, but he didn't ask too many questions. He asked me for license on state ID with my address on it to prove that we live in the same place. Letters addressed to both and he insisted on personal letters addressed to me only from my family or friends. With the documents you have, I think that should be enough. Just bring an envelope with your name only on it from your mom or someone (even though come on, we live in the computer era, nobody writes letters anymore). Other than that you should be fine. Nothing to worry about :)

Good luck!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Zaskar!

I see you are from Colorado Springs? Is that true? So you will be interviewing up in Denver?

I had my AOS interview in Denver back in November and it was a very positive experience. The questions the IO asked were all rather simple like birthdays, professions, parents names, our history visiting each other and how we met and where we got married, etc. As far as relationship evidence goes, we didn't have a lease or loan as we were living with my husbands parents for a few months. We brought prof of joint car and health insurance, a statement naming me as the beneficiary on his health insurance, prof of joint bank accounts, and a phone bill showing me as a secondary user on his Verizon account. We had wedding pictures and pictures of us together after we got married, but I didn't offer them and he didn't ask to see them. He hardly even looked at our evidence, just glanced at it and added it to our file.

I have a pretty detailed account of the whole interview in my timeline if you're interested :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.