hyperme

K1 petitioner lost his job after the K1 petition was approved

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I wanna know what will happen with our K1 visa. My fiance lost his job after the K1 petition approval.. As of June 12, the NVC sent him a notice that in a week the US embassy manila will received the packet and will be forwarded to me as the beneficiary. I know i need to present and comply a lot of documents and especially the I-134 Affidavit of support and latest payslips/pay stubs. I worry that my visa will be denied because of my fiance job status.. Help pls!! i need an advice.. thanks a lot!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yourfiance has three options:

1- find another job really quickly and send you paystubs

2- sponsor you on assets, ie property, savings, etc.

3. find a co-sponsor

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We had the same problem and I remember asking a very similar question here at the time. We ended up using her mother as a co-sponsor as with the current climate we had no idea when she would be able to get another job.

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am sorry for your trials, best of luck for your fiancé to find a new job quickly. I think the quickest and best way for this is to have him find a co-sponsor ASAP, maybe a parent. This is probably the easiest to document and causes the least stress to prove for your interview. This way he can look for a new job and you can prepare for your interview.

Best of luck, I hope he finds work fast!

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

While most of these answers are very good and apply to MOST Embassies/Consulates, you need to be careful about getting a joint sponsor (sometimes referred to as a co-sponsor).

You said the approved petition is on its way to Manila from the NVC. Unfortunately, Manila is one of the Embassies that "usually" does not accept a joint sponsor for the K-1 Visa. The Embassies are not required to accept a joint sponsor for a K-1 Visa. Most of the Embassies do accept them although in particular, Southeast Asian Embassies DO NOT.

I have read posts from USCs and their fiancees who received 221(g)s and were told they could not submit a joint sponsor and to bring back documents of more substantial financial support.

Find the Philippines specific forum in the Regional area and post questions only to people that have passed through Manila.

Have your fiance(e) concentrate on getting a job. There are ways to stretch out the time until the interview to allow your fiance(e) more time for the job search. Basically delay the return of Packet 3 or the calling for interview scheduling. But be careful to request an extension of NOA 2 expiration date.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

someone told us not to worry if my petitioner doesnt have a job right now, because the embassy or nvc will just check the income tax for the 2 recent years which he have now..and my fiance just lost job for more than a month ago..i wonder how the nvc check the I-134 or the employment status of my fiance..very confusing..

Timeline

someone told us not to worry if my petitioner doesnt have a job right now, because the embassy or nvc will just check the income tax for the 2 recent years which he have now..and my fiance just lost job for more than a month ago..i wonder how the nvc check the I-134 or the employment status of my fiance..very confusing..

The prior two years tax returns will not be sufficient. There must be proof of sufficient current income or substantial assets readily available.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Hi everyone, I wanna know what will happen with our K1 visa. My fiance lost his job after the K1 petition approval.. As of June 12, the NVC sent him a notice that in a week the US embassy manila will received the packet and will be forwarded to me as the beneficiary. I know i need to present and comply a lot of documents and especially the I-134 Affidavit of support and latest payslips/pay stubs. I worry that my visa will be denied because of my fiance job status.. Help pls!! i need an advice.. thanks a lot!!

You don't have to rush to make the interview appointment. It states on your documents how much time you have (a few months). That could give him time to get another job. If your fiance is in good terms with the his former employee they may be able to provide a letter of his employment dated the last day he was working. That might work, as long as it wasn't so long ago. It doesn't state that the letter of employment must be dated one week prior or anything like that...

When did you fiance get the 2nd NOA? Ours left the NVC on June 4 going to the Embassy in the Philippines and my finance still has not been contacted from the Embassy. If you are behind us you still have time...

Timeline

While most of these answers are very good and apply to MOST Embassies/Consulates, you need to be careful about getting a joint sponsor (sometimes referred to as a co-sponsor).

You said the approved petition is on its way to Manila from the NVC. Unfortunately, Manila is one of the Embassies that "usually" does not accept a joint sponsor for the K-1 Visa. The Embassies are not required to accept a joint sponsor for a K-1 Visa. Most of the Embassies do accept them although in particular, Southeast Asian Embassies DO NOT.

I have read posts from USCs and their fiancees who received 221(g)s and were told they could not submit a joint sponsor and to bring back documents of more substantial financial support.

Find the Philippines specific forum in the Regional area and post questions only to people that have passed through Manila.

Have your fiance(e) concentrate on getting a job. There are ways to stretch out the time until the interview to allow your fiance(e) more time for the job search. Basically delay the return of Packet 3 or the calling for interview scheduling. But be careful to request an extension of NOA 2 expiration date.

Good luck.

My lawyer does over 100 K1 visa's a year. That's all he does. The Philippines does allow Co-sponsers.

Timeline

You don't have to rush to make the interview appointment. It states on your documents how much time you have (a few months). That could give him time to get another job. If your fiance is in good terms with the his former employee they may be able to provide a letter of his employment dated the last day he was working. That might work, as long as it wasn't so long ago. It doesn't state that the letter of employment must be dated one week prior or anything like that...

When did you fiance get the 2nd NOA? Ours left the NVC on June 4 going to the Embassy in the Philippines and my finance still has not been contacted from the Embassy. If you are behind us you still have time...

My fiance got a letter of employment from his recent employer i think that was dated sometime in march.. he filed it together with the I-129 last april, i told him that i will need that on the interview but at that time he wants to prepare all the needed documents.. hope that we can use it though he's no longer working there..its been 1 1/2 months that he lost that job..

Our NOA approval date is june 1, and left the NVC on June 10...you are few days ahead of us.. goodluck!!

Timeline

My fiance got a letter of employment from his recent employer i think that was dated sometime in march.. he filed it together with the I-129 last april, i told him that i will need that on the interview but at that time he wants to prepare all the needed documents.. hope that we can use it though he's no longer working there..its been 1 1/2 months that he lost that job..

Our NOA approval date is june 1, and left the NVC on June 10...you are few days ahead of us.. goodluck!!

I guess we are 6 days ahead of you. I was hoping I'd find someone who was within a few weeks ahead of me so I know when to expect things. Anyway we now know it takes atleast 20 days from the NVC to the notice from the Embassy in Manila. My fiance didn't receive it today. I'll let you know when she receives it. If anyone else has recent information from the Manila Embassy please let me know.

Presenting an employment letter to the consulate that is no longer the employer constitutes material misrepresentation. Any immigration benefit derived from that misrepresentation can be rescended/revoked at any time in the future. Penalties for material misrepresentation can be as severe as deportation and never being allowed to enter the U.S. again.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline
From ACECASTRO

My lawyer does over 100 K1 visa's a year. That's all he does. The Philippines does allow Co-sponsers.

This is very reassuring to the people from the Philippines that have posted here over the past two months about the rejection of joint sponsors.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

...If anyone else has recent information from the Manila Embassy please let me know.

Here is a link to a thread where when you get to the bottom you will see many experienced long time members who have read the interview experiences of many thousands of K-1 applications mentioning the Manila does not necessarily accept joint sponsors.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262022-k1-visa-denied-help-pls/

Good luck learning to read before posting.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.