Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am posting this on behalf of another person.

"I filed an I-130 6 years ago, and had it approved, but I moved because I lost my lease and ended up residing with my husband in the other country.

The NOAs and the package was never forwarded to me.

I have read that an approved I-130 never expires.

I have a copy of it (retrieved via FOI request) but NVC seems to be unaware of my case. What do I do?"

Edited by Glen Charles

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland

I thought they were valid for one year unless you renew them... I may be wrong.

If she still ,lives abroad with her husband, she should re-file via DCF, it will be much quicker than trying to get the old petition going again, even if she can. In fact, even if DCF is not an option, it is probably easier to re-file, other than the extra money spent.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China

She would need to file the I-824 (or the USC Spouse files this, actually)

Then, IMO, the casefile processing would resume, casefile finally get into NVC.

I have to assume that after 1 year of 'no contact' with NVC, NVC sent the casefile to storage.


Suggest to vette 'NVC seems unaware of my case' - call into NVC, get a HUMAN, inquire. When HUMAN cannot find it, ask for supervisor, ask supervisor to look up the I-130 petition by the USCIS receipt #, and tell yer friend :

--if it ever arrived at NVC

--the date they sent it off to storage

--if possible to start NVC processing WITHOUT filing the I-824

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...