Rugby7

Filling out K1 Visa, please help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

I am sitting here in Argentina filling out the 129F form with my Fiance. I am leaving for the US on Monday and wont see him again until he arrives to the US to get married! We just want to make sure we are doing everything correct while we are together..

I have several questions:

1. At this time, is the only paperwork we need to send is 129F, and the Fiance intent to start our VJ?

2. Do We need to send the G325 at this time or later?

3. If I was married prior and that person was granted a green card, but was NOT brought over on a K1 visa, do I need to state that in section 11.

4. We have just spend the year traveling around the world, should we put our residence as our "home" address the one we had before leaving? Since we traveled we didnt have any jobs.

5. Will having a laps of residence hurt us?

6. How much money do I need to make in the US to be able to qualify?

Thank you so much for any info you can give us. We are sitting here reading all the websites and it can be scary as it says if you mess up a form you can double your waiting time!!

Thank you,

Met in 2006... dated since 2008, engaged March 2010= Married January 21, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 6/28/10

I-129F NOA1 : 7/7/10

I-129F NOA2 : 10/29/10

NVC Received : 11/4/10

Packet 3 Sent : 11/29/10

Visa Received : 1/4/11 !!!!!

US Entry : 1/17/11

Marriage : 1/21/11

AOS package sent: 1/24/11

EAD and advanced parole 3/22/11

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I am sitting here in Argentina filling out the 129F form with my Fiance. I am leaving for the US on Monday and wont see him again until he arrives to the US to get married! We just want to make sure we are doing everything correct while we are together..

I have several questions:

1. At this time, is the only paperwork we need to send is 129F, and the Fiance intent to start our VJ?

3. If I was married prior and that person was granted a green card, but was NOT brought over on a K1 visa, do I need to state that in section 11.

4. We have just spend the year traveling around the world, should we put our residence as our "home" address the one we had before leaving? Since we traveled we didnt have any jobs.

Thank you so much for any info you can give us. We are sitting here reading all the websites and it can be scary as it says if you mess up a form you can double your waiting time!!

Thank you,

Go to USCIS.gov and download and study the I-129F instructions. You'll find your answers there as well as much more important information.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Check out the K-1 guide here on VJ!

I-129F

G325a for each of you

Letter on Intent for each of you

Certified copies of divorce decrees from past marriages

Copy of petitioners birth certificate and/or passport (all pages)

Proof of having met within the past 2 years

Proof of ongoing relationship (how much is optional)

Poverty Guide - see here I-864P

That should get you started - read up on the guides!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Read the Kl guides (link at the top of the page). You have considerably more documents to submit than simply the I-129F and letters of intent.

You need to send two G-325A's with the petition; one for the beneficiary (signed by the beneficiary), and one for the petitioner (signed by the petitioner).

No. Question 11 is asking if you've ever filed another I-129F.

For the petitioner's address, you should list the address in the US where you want USCIS to send correspondence. USCIS won't send correspondence to a petitioner abroad. For the beneficiary's address, you should list her address in her home country where she will interview.

No.

It depends on how many people you will be supporting. If it's only you and your fiancee, then you currently need $18,212 per year in income (or assets to make up the shortage) in order to qualify as her sponsor. If you don't qualify, you'll need a co-sponsor who does.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you ALL so much for all of your replies! I just want to do it right, and file the darn thing!!

I have downloaded LOTS of sheets, they are sitting in front of me and I am going through them as I fill out the paperwork.

Just ONE last qustion for now....

On the question about previous marriages. I was married before to a foreigner, he was in the US when we met and married. He had to file for an adjustment of status, but I didnt bring him over to the US on a K1 or K3 Visa.

This is the exact question-

11. Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e)

or husband/wife before?

Yes No

If "Yes," give name of all aliens, place and date of filing,

A# and result. (Attached additional sheets as necessary.)

Was he an alien because he has a green card now?

THANK YOU!

Met in 2006... dated since 2008, engaged March 2010= Married January 21, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 6/28/10

I-129F NOA1 : 7/7/10

I-129F NOA2 : 10/29/10

NVC Received : 11/4/10

Packet 3 Sent : 11/29/10

Visa Received : 1/4/11 !!!!!

US Entry : 1/17/11

Marriage : 1/21/11

AOS package sent: 1/24/11

EAD and advanced parole 3/22/11

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you ALL so much for all of your replies! I just want to do it right, and file the darn thing!!

I have downloaded LOTS of sheets, they are sitting in front of me and I am going through them as I fill out the paperwork.

Just ONE last qustion for now....

On the question about previous marriages. I was married before to a foreigner, he was in the US when we met and married. He had to file for an adjustment of status, but I didnt bring him over to the US on a K1 or K3 Visa.

This is the exact question-

11. Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e)

or husband/wife before?

Yes No

If "Yes," give name of all aliens, place and date of filing,

A# and result. (Attached additional sheets as necessary.)

Was he an alien because he has a green card now?

THANK YOU!

You answer yes. You filed an I-130 petition for your former spouse. Then give the name, place, date of filing, A# and result, as requested. If you don't know the A# indicate A#unknown. The result was LPR status.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.