captainofiron

Police report for K1Visa

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well today she got the police report from Kirovograd, she requested it on the 17th, they told her it would be ready on the 29th so I guess a week early is not bad. She did pay them an "express fee" on monday of about 5 bucks, lol

But She had another question. Does the document have to be translated in the country of origin?

I told her I didnt think so but I cant find it anywhere on the embassy website, I figured she could just get it done anywhere that has the notary stamp there

Anyways, I would appreciate any answers

No. It can be translated anywhere. Alla translates them here in the USA and recently did some while she was in Ukraine on vacation. Because it is for the Moscow consulate and because it is being translated from Ukrainian, it will have to be notarized wherever it is translated. Alla uses the teller at our bank for free when she needs a notary. No problems.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Well today she got the police report from Kirovograd, she requested it on the 17th, they told her it would be ready on the 29th so I guess a week early is not bad. She did pay them an "express fee" on monday of about 5 bucks, lol

But She had another question. Does the document have to be translated in the country of origin?

I told her I didnt think so but I cant find it anywhere on the embassy website, I figured she could just get it done anywhere that has the notary stamp there

Anyways, I would appreciate any answers

I really have mixed feelings about bribery in Ukraine. But it is cheap and it is reliable, of that it cannot be argued. I also think that it stems from a long tradition of curruption and extremely low government pay. Some things did not die with the Soviet Union. I do not think suddenly raising government salaries would help, I think the bribes would probably increase! :blush: It cannot be argued that it is a way of life, it just seems that there are no laws enforced at all sometimes, and sometimes that seems a good thing. But overall the country is not doing well and I think the culture of corruption has a lot to do with that.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I really have mixed feelings about bribery in Ukraine. But it is cheap and it is reliable, of that it cannot be argued. I also think that it stems from a long tradition of curruption and extremely low government pay. Some things did not die with the Soviet Union. I do not think suddenly raising government salaries would help, I think the bribes would probably increase! :blush: It cannot be argued that it is a way of life, it just seems that there are no laws enforced at all sometimes, and sometimes that seems a good thing. But overall the country is not doing well and I think the culture of corruption has a lot to do with that.

Yea I know what you mean, it makes me uncomfortable, but really what other options do we have, the governmental process overthere is so convoluted and the workers just plain dont care and are lazy. So while here getting a new passport is simple just go to the post office, there you have to go to the place you are registered no matter how far it is, and fill all this stuff, and YOU have to go, you cant send a family member to give them the forms

its funny too because every year I have to go through this ethics training for my job and it talks about this, and I just roll my eyes

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
the country is not doing well and I think the culture of corruption has a lot to do with that.

How true. Alla is still amazed at the clothing prices here compared to Russia. "It's made in China but so cheap here and so expensive for the same stuff in Russia. Why so cheap?" My response is always, "Why so expensive?" "Because Russia is corrupt", is her response.

She has a habit now of cruising through the aisles at Walmart and checking out every specials rack marked at $1. She's buying boy's clothes for Leonid for when he's an older kid, all for $1 each.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

How true. Alla is still amazed at the clothing prices here compared to Russia. "It's made in China but so cheap here and so expensive for the same stuff in Russia. Why so cheap?" My response is always, "Why so expensive?" "Because Russia is corrupt", is her response.

She has a habit now of cruising through the aisles at Walmart and checking out every specials rack marked at $1. She's buying boy's clothes for Leonid for when he's an older kid, all for $1 each.

Yea I know what you mean, Yana's dad always asks me to check the prices here first, I just got them a webcam here for like 1/3 of the price it would be there.

The first time Yana came to the US, she fell in love with Marshalls, TJ Max, and Ross, hahahaha

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

The first time Yana came to the US, she fell in love with Marshalls, TJ Max, and Ross, hahahaha

I think those stores are the favorites for all FSU women here :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

That's awesome because my wife fell in love with Macy's, bebe and Victoria's Secret. I've taken her to TJ Maxx about a million times, "look at all these great deals." She'll go there, but only AFTER confirming those other shops don't have exactly what she's looking for. We have a ghetto shop called Rainbow nearby and they have some pretty sweet deals. She goes there sometimes for specific items. "Zey not have matching shorts from bebe so I must check ghetto shop for my style." A $59 top with a $9 pair of shorts. OK.

Thank goodness I'm a dude and buy clothes once every five years. She was in shock when she first came here, "you still wear same clothes from Korea like 5 years ago? You like bumzh. You must buy new clothes." Did I go to Macy's? Not a chance. TJ Maxx, here I come!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yep...Alla calls the clothes here "almost free". She takes as many as possible with her when we go to Ukraine for her friends. She brought an entire large suitcase full of child's clothes for her friend Natalia. It was MUCH appreciated as her kids are at the "grow out of clothes every three weeks" age.

Shoes are also "almost free" compared to Ukraine. It is terrible how expensive those things are there. Alla will look at her clothes and shoes and say "I can't believe I had to pay $280 for these in Ukraine" A decent pair of those boots they like amounts to a MONTH's pay or more!

Alla likes to graze in TJ Maxx and Marshall's and also hits the big department stores for the 70% off sales after "our" Christmas. We have made the Orthodox Christmas the one we celebrate....for 70% off. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yea I know what you mean, Yana's dad always asks me to check the prices here first, I just got them a webcam here for like 1/3 of the price it would be there.

We have no "Ross" here, but the other two are frequent hang-outs for Alla. She is not too wild about Walmart, except for some household items, not for clothes. She will rarely buy anything unless it is at least 40% off (she learned that the first week she was here!) She also loves "Michaels", "Staples", "Lowe's" (OMG that can get pricey!) and Macy's...but only for big sales.

We also go to Montreal especially when the US dollar is strong (not so right now), there are lots of shops with closeouts all the time there, it is virtually orgasmic! She buys all her cosmetics in Montreal. She also likes IKEA which we do not have here, but they have one in Montreal.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We have no "Ross" here, but the other two are frequent hang-outs for Alla. She is not too wild about Walmart, except for some household items, not for clothes. She will rarely buy anything unless it is at least 40% off (she learned that the first week she was here!) She also loves "Michaels", "Staples", "Lowe's" (OMG that can get pricey!) and Macy's...but only for big sales.

We also go to Montreal especially when the US dollar is strong (not so right now), there are lots of shops with closeouts all the time there, it is virtually orgasmic! She buys all her cosmetics in Montreal. She also likes IKEA which we do not have here, but they have one in Montreal.

Yea Yana HATES Walmart, but I dont know why, she says that everything there is bad quality. LOL she is convinced that the brand names at Walmart is not the real brand and chinese knock offs

I wish we had an IKEA here, when I go to Moscow there is one like right up the street, and its pretty cool

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

Yea I know what you mean, it makes me uncomfortable, but really what other options do we have, the governmental process overthere is so convoluted and the workers just plain dont care and are lazy. So while here getting a new passport is simple just go to the post office, there you have to go to the place you are registered no matter how far it is, and fill all this stuff, and YOU have to go, you cant send a family member to give them the forms

its funny too because every year I have to go through this ethics training for my job and it talks about this, and I just roll my eyes

when Alla first arrived, she made a couple trips with me to job sites. She was learning how her bread gets buttered, I suppose. so one of the first places we go to is due for a VOSHA inspection that day. We arrived early and I made coffee in the office trailer at the site. I don;t drink coffee but other guys do, so I made a pot. The inspector shows up, and Alla, being the good Ukrainian hostess, pours him a cup of coffee and gives him some cookies.

"Oh, no, I cannot accept that" He says.

VoooooooooooooooooooWHAT?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! "oh no, we are not allowed to accept any gratuities from people we inspect"

VooooooooooooooooooWHAT????????????!!!!!!!!!! "you are not here to inspect ME, so I can give you coffee" Heck I thought we would have an international incident! Him, refusing Ukrainian hospitality and her, attempting to "bribe" an official. :rofl: So we go inspect the site and he gives his report to me and THEN Alla says...."And NOW you can have coffee!" :rofl:

I keep telling her, whatever you do, do NOT try to bribe policemen if you are ever stopped!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yea Yana HATES Walmart, but I dont know why, she says that everything there is bad quality. LOL she is convinced that the brand names at Walmart is not the real brand and chinese knock offs

I wish we had an IKEA here, when I go to Moscow there is one like right up the street, and its pretty cool

Alla used to spend a lot of money on clothes in Ukraine, but she has clothes and shoes that are many years old and still in perfect condition because they are good quality and she cares about them, hand washes, etc. But she was not impressed with Walmart. she looked around and said "bad quality" She will buy laundry detergent, dryer sheets, kitchen utensils (but not pots or pans), trash bags, brooms etc. However for that she has found she prefers "Dollar General", it is closer to our house and even cheaper than Walmart, or "Big Lots". Again, not for clothes or furniture or things like that but for household items. I mean "Dawn" dishwashing liquid is the same wherever you buy it.

She now says almost everything is cheaper here except some pharmacy items and her contact lenses. She gets her lenses refilled in Ukraine, I cannot match the price even online. Prices have gone up in Ukraine on nearly everything. Cigarettes and alcohol are still cheap, but I quit smoking and neither of us drink, so what the heck? How do we save any money? :lol: I told her I should start smoking again so we can save all that money smuggling cigarettes like we used to.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

When we had our AOS interview, we were told we were approved and Alla asked if she could have an I-551 stamp. The guy said she would have her green card in 2 weeks or so and did she need to leave the country before then?

"Yes."

Where do you need to go, is it an emergency?

"I need to go to IKEA and it is in Canada" :help:

She didn't get the stamp. :no:

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Same with my Alla. However for the little one, spending $1 for a shirt is just fine !!!

She also favors Macys, Penneys, Carsons, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Michaels and now has taken a liking to Bass Pro and Cabelas. She's on an outdoor kick right now since we've put up a small pool and just got back from a weekend camping trip to Devil's Lake, WI.

I also think this thread has been properly hijacked since the OPs original question was answered on the first page and we are over here on later pages.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Same with my Alla. However for the little one, spending $1 for a shirt is just fine !!!

She also favors Macys, Penneys, Carsons, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Michaels and now has taken a liking to Bass Pro and Cabelas. She's on an outdoor kick right now since we've put up a small pool and just got back from a weekend camping trip to Devil's Lake, WI.

I also think this thread has been properly hijacked since the OPs original question was answered on the first page and we are over here on later pages.

LOL

it should be re-titled, "Women of the Former Soviet Unions and their shopping habits Yomayo"

Edited by captainofiron

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.