captainofiron

Police report for K1Visa

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok my Fiancee is originally from Ukraine, born and raised, but she moved from Ukraine to Russia to go to the University. So she moved from Ukraine when she was 17, the stuff we have read says she needs to account for the places she has lived from 16 on. So she is going to Ukraine to her home town (Kirovograd) to get the police report.

2 questions, do any of you know where she needs to go in Ukraine to do this? and When she translates it from Ukrainian to English, does she need some notary stamp or someone to sign off on her translation?

Thanks

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instructions

Open this link. The instructions for the police certificates starts at the bottom of page 2 and goes onto page 3.

Hope this helps!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

Instructions

Open this link. The instructions for the police certificates starts at the bottom of page 2 and goes onto page 3.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this, I saw a link on the state.gov site, and when I clicked it, all it said was FILE NOT FOUND

Would this still apply for her because she is a Russian citizen, she does still hold her Ukrainian citizenship though

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, it needs to be notarized. Read this page http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

Yes, it needs to be notarized. Read this page http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

Ok

From the document Bernie posted I read this "TRANSLATIONS: Documents in English, Ukrainian or Russian do not need to be translated. When you arrive for the interview, you MUST present all the original documents accompanied by an English translation, which is produced by a certified translator, only if the document is not in English, Ukrainian or Russian. After the interview, all originals except the medical examination report will be returned to you. The consular officer has the right to request translation of any submitted document." BUT I noticed that is for Visas from Ukraine

And from the page Neonrad posted, only thing I saw was this: "Copies and translations of each document into English are required. Translations must be notarized only when the original is in a language OTHER than Russian. (e.g. a translation from Ukrainian into English must be notarized, translation from Russian into English does not need to be notarized). "

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok

From the document Bernie posted I read this "TRANSLATIONS: Documents in English, Ukrainian or Russian do not need to be translated. When you arrive for the interview, you MUST present all the original documents accompanied by an English translation, which is produced by a certified translator, only if the document is not in English, Ukrainian or Russian. After the interview, all originals except the medical examination report will be returned to you. The consular officer has the right to request translation of any submitted document." BUT I noticed that is for Visas from Ukraine

And from the page Neonrad posted, only thing I saw was this: "Copies and translations of each document into English are required. Translations must be notarized only when the original is in a language OTHER than Russian. (e.g. a translation from Ukrainian into English must be notarized, translation from Russian into English does not need to be notarized). "

Where is she going to have her interview? If in Kiev go with the first document, but if in Moscow go with the info I posted from the Moscow embassy site.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok my Fiancee is originally from Ukraine, born and raised, but she moved from Ukraine to Russia to go to the University. So she moved from Ukraine when she was 17, the stuff we have read says she needs to account for the places she has lived from 16 on. So she is going to Ukraine to her home town (Kirovograd) to get the police report.

2 questions, do any of you know where she needs to go in Ukraine to do this? and When she translates it from Ukrainian to English, does she need some notary stamp or someone to sign off on her translation?

Thanks

She can go to the main police station in Kirovograd. They should do them there, if not, they will tell her where. Yes she needs one from Ukraine. Any document NOT originally in Russian must have a notary if it is presented to the Russian consulate. So, yes, she will need the translator to notarize it. Not a problem. Alla does lots of translations for the Moscow consulate and any not from Russian, she gets her signature notarized. If she has the translations done in Ukraine or Russia they will likely be notarized anyway.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Where is she going to have her interview? If in Kiev go with the first document, but if in Moscow go with the info I posted from the Moscow embassy site.

She is a Russian citizen and doing her visa through Moscow like it says in my signature. She is heading out to Kirovograd this coming Monday, hopefully it doesnt take long for them to produce this document for her. Anybody know how long it takes usually in Ukraine for this?

She can go to the main police station in Kirovograd. They should do them there, if not, they will tell her where. Yes she needs one from Ukraine. Any document NOT originally in Russian must have a notary if it is presented to the Russian consulate. So, yes, she will need the translator to notarize it. Not a problem. Alla does lots of translations for the Moscow consulate and any not from Russian, she gets her signature notarized. If she has the translations done in Ukraine or Russia they will likely be notarized anyway.

Thanks for this, I will let her know. She is pretty nervous, she is mad at herself for not thinking about this earlier, because she was in Ukraine visiting her Grandma and family in early April. Oh well, C'est la vie, or I should say Это жизнь

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Anybody know how long it takes usually in Ukraine for this?

Gary says everything in Ukraine takes "3 weeks." If she applies, goes home, waits for it... it will probably be 3 weeks. If she walks in with $100, sets it on the desk, she can wait her "3 weeks" out in the hallway while they produce the document for her.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Gary says everything in Ukraine takes "3 weeks." If she applies, goes home, waits for it... it will probably be 3 weeks. If she walks in with $100, sets it on the desk, she can wait her "3 weeks" out in the hallway while they produce the document for her.

Yeah, but it shouldn't take $100. Alla was offered the "hallway 3 weeks" for $10. :lol: If you whip out $100 they will break into an immediate party and dancing. (and gladly take the $100)

In another thread running right now, several others have confirmed the $10 orice for "expedited" service at other locations. Seems pretty normal.

PS I think the time frame of "3 weeks" has been clinically proven to produce the most bribes. Less than that and people, especially Ukrainians, think that is "fast enough" and won't fork out the cash. Longer than that and they lose hope that a bribe could help. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yeah, but it shouldn't take $100. Alla was offered the "hallway 3 weeks" for $10. :lol: If you whip out $100 they will break into an immediate party and dancing. (and gladly take the $100)

In another thread running right now, several others have confirmed the $10 orice for "expedited" service at other locations. Seems pretty normal.

Awesome, thanks. Her aunt, who is also from Kirovograd, had to go through similar procedures when she got married to an Italian, and her grandpa knows where to go. But if thats the case, I will definitely tell her to take the hallway expedited service, hahaha

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

She is a Russian citizen and doing her visa through Moscow like it says in my signature. She is heading out to Kirovograd this coming Monday, hopefully it doesnt take long for them to produce this document for her. Anybody know how long it takes usually in Ukraine for this?

Thanks for this, I will let her know. She is pretty nervous, she is mad at herself for not thinking about this earlier, because she was in Ukraine visiting her Grandma and family in early April. Oh well, C'est la vie, or I should say Это жизнь

Seriously? 3 weeks, unless you bribe them...all joking aside. Pretty standard throughout Ukraine.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I wouldn't go home and wait for it. If she cannot bribe them to get it sooner (she can) then have a friend or relative pick it up. Do NOT rely on them to mail it...oh HELL NO!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I wouldn't go home and wait for it. If she cannot bribe them to get it sooner (she can) then have a friend or relative pick it up. Do NOT rely on them to mail it...oh HELL NO!

well her hometown is Kirovograd, and she lives in Khimki, which is right by Sheremetyevo outside of Moscow, so going home to wait is out of the question.

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

well her hometown is Kirovograd, and she lives in Khimki, which is right by Sheremetyevo outside of Moscow, so going home to wait is out of the question.

Well today she got the police report from Kirovograd, she requested it on the 17th, they told her it would be ready on the 29th so I guess a week early is not bad. She did pay them an "express fee" on monday of about 5 bucks, lol

But She had another question. Does the document have to be translated in the country of origin?

I told her I didnt think so but I cant find it anywhere on the embassy website, I figured she could just get it done anywhere that has the notary stamp there

Anyways, I would appreciate any answers

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.