pearlmark

tried calling the 1800 hotline

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. I have a few questions regarding the receipt number of my I-485. Today I tried to call the uscis hotline and when it says type the receipt number, i kept typing my MSC-*** number and it kept telling me that the number I typed is incomplete..And i dont think I can put the letters with the numbers..My question is which numbers should I put? should I try putting the Alien number or what should i do? I tried it for 3 times every call and it just kept saying the same thing. Thank you for the future answers! It will be much appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Stop calling. That's the easy way, and instead register for online updates here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

Click on "want to register" underneath the log-in fields. Then once you've registered log in and add cases to your portfolio using the MSC numbers you have. If the numbers are still new they might not be on the system yet.

Then, rather than wasting time calling, you can just log in and check your AOS, EAD and AP at once. You can also sign up for email and text updates.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also if it doesnt show up online or on the phone but you have the letter keep in mind that USCIS can be useless about inputting the info in a timely manner. Mine didn't show up until after I had my biometrics, and my K1 petition still says its pending :lol:

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I tried calling because It's been months that I have been checking my status online and others said maybe I should call because they dont update it online all the time.But I'm going to write our congressman here for some help.. Thanks for the reply anyways.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would try to get through to someone then instead of using the number in the phone system, as its usually the same as what you see online. To get through I usually use the "I don't know my reciept number" option or something similar, gets you through to a live person, but they may not have any more info for you than you see online.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.