Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm doing great thanks! Emily sleeps through the night so we're happy. :)

I seem to remember some general pain 'down there' towards the end - even some itchiness which didn't seem to be any sort of infection or anything (talk about TMI!). I think yer fine. :D

I'm DYING for an update from Lisa!!!!!!! I mean I know Nicholas is here but I want deets. :D

You rang? LOL

It's cool that the hospital has wifi :dance:

Anyhoo, story goes like this: I was induced late Sunday night. They induced labor, and I started having contractions. But I was not dilating at all. So one pill after another, after another, etc...They couldn't start me on Pitocin until I dilated, so I was kinda in this holding pattern.

So the contractions were bad, every 1-2 minutes for like 36 hours! Then finally, my doc gives me a choice....I could come back the next week, or I could go for a Csection. But he also said that he couldn't guarantee that I would even dilate then, or dilate big enough to pass the baby. Also, there was a higher risk for the baby to die in utero because of the GD.

So we opted for the C. Which was VERY STRANGE and weird indeed!!!

So anyways, he's awesome. I've been quite sick, but the nurses say I'm a trooper. We've had some latching problems at first with breastfeeding, but it seems to be under control now. I think we're getting discharged tomorrow!!!

Here's a pic of my two men:

000_0005.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Lisa - super congrats to you and Scott! Nicholas is truly a gorgeous baby! :luv: Thats a great pic! He looks so alert for a newborn. :) I'm glad you're all doing well now. It always takes a few days to get things sorted. :star:

Take care and keep in touch wif us!

YAY Lisa! ! He is just precious! I would have gone for the C, too, given those options! I hope your recovery isn't too painful - I almost can't imagine it given the toll it felt like my body had been through doing it vaginally. You're a trooper! :D

Will watch FB for the main piccy updates - tho I can tell you we had trouble finding time to upload them in those first few days (and boy do people nag you for them!). So take your time. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

He's gorgeous, Lisa. Well done. I know you didn't really have a choice, but you're so brave for putting up with the contractions for so long. I would've opted for the C too.

Have a speedy recovery!

Edited by Gemmie

He's beautiful, Lisa. I love his skeptical look in the picture...a boy after my own heart!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

lol thx guys!

I love that pic too...that was taken the day he was born! I just love it so much because he's so alert in the photo, it's incredible.

We were discharged today from the hosp, we are all home now. Nick is resting in the cradle right next to the bed next to me.

Ok, I promise I won't barrage with photos, but this one is my new fave:

nickyellow.jpg

The hospital took one today which was so cute it killed me, lol...but it's not available yet! grrr.

that pic is adorable! He looks small enough to put in my pocket.

ty!

He's lost a little bit, but he's 6 lbs 10 right now, he was born @ 7 lbs 5, but I'm breastfeeding, so they lose some weight the first week.

He was also 21 inches, which to me seems a bit long. His feet are narrow but ginormous, lol. Nurses called them 'monkey feet' hahaha.

Hi, ladies

So, it appears that my little critter is breech. I had a reg. OB appointment yesterday and asked about the likelihood that Limita would move into position (I'm at 34 weeks). She said about a 40% chance that Limita would move on her own. If she doesn't, the doctor will do an external version at 37 weeks. This does not sound pleasant, although she said she has a 75% success rate with this procedure, which is better than average. So, chances are very good that Limita will turn head down, either on her own or with help. Otherwise, I'll have a c-section at 39 weeks. I've started doing some exercises to encourage her to turn, but she's a stubborn little thing. I've seen that the InterWeb is full of stories about breech babies turning moments before birth, or at 39 weeks or somethin', but I'm not sure how typical this is. I'm inclined to go for the path of least risk, even if it means a scheduled c-section.

Other than that, things are groovy! Except that I'm still queasy. What's up with that?

Another strange thing... I've discovered that I can't hear the sound of a newborn baby crying without getting weepy. Yesterday at my appointment, a couple of ladies there for postpartum checkups had their weeks-old babies with them, and as soon as I heard the unmistakable high pitch of a teeny baby cry, I felt tears coming. This also happened when I was watching a stupid movie about three weeks ago with a semi-comical birth scene. (The "newborn," I might add, looked about 6 months old.) I don't know what's up with this. I was telling the husband about this last night and started crying just thinking about it. In fact, I'm getting weepy right now! #######?! The only other time this sort of thing happened was several weeks ago when I saw uploaded videos of Jon's coworker's then 32-week preemie (I think I mentioned this in another thread.) It's like some wimpy otherworldly force has gotten ahold of my true nature and replaced it with uncontrollable emotional squishyness.

Lisa, I hope your first few days at home w/ the little one are going well. He's super cute.

Edited by Empress of Groovy

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Empress - I had the same weepiness and I'm usually pretty cold. Its all the hormones. I used to cry all the time over a Pampers commercial! :lol:

My brother was breech for a super long time, and then one day right before he was born he suddenly flipped.My mom said it was wild because she could see and feel it happen! Hopefully Limita will sort herself out. Its great though, that your doctor has a plan!

As my baby is nearly 11 years old, I never feel broody! I am leaning more towards wanting them to fly the nest!!!

Oh Empress - I can relate to the 'weepiness'. It will pass - though not until about 3 weeks post partum for me. I hope the attempts to get her to turn are successful!!

Lisa - I was going to shoot you a text so we could communicate that way (easier than getting on the computer when you have a newborn). I kind of needed 'outside interaction' during those first weeks home. :) I'm glad to hear he is doing so well - what a cutie!!!

Emily goes for her 2 month appt today: read: a lot of shots. UGH!!!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.