Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I hope your MIL's visit is better than mine. The fact that she isn't staying in your house should help. And she doesn't sound like the type to know it all and think you're a bumbling idiot (and more than happy to tell you that as well). I mean mine was just nearly nasty about it. Hurt my feelings to the point I have no desire to ever really talk to her again in a meaningful way. Of course I'll never tell hubby that, but there it is.

Sounds like the classes are going well. I could have done with a better understanding of the after care. Was just not prepared at all! So I'm glad you're going and will be better informed than me.

Hmm. I am an ancient 39 years old, and I didn't have weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests at the end! Has your BP been high or? Maybe it just depends on the doctor - and over 35 is technically considered high risk so...maybe mine just doesn't do that unless the mother is having health issues.

I have heard the same about transverse babies - that they often 'right' themselves on their own, particularly in the last few weeks. I bet you'll be fine. :)

What's funny is Chas wants another and my doc told me that she wouldn't wait much past a year to have one if she were my age. I don't even know where to begin in making that decision. Right now my inclination is no.

I think we'll have the opposite problem, because I'm a bit miffed that my inlaws can't stay longer :lol: But wow, yours sounds downright nasty and just unpleasant to be around. Thank God she lives so far away :lol:

In my case, the NSTs and *1* extra sono is all due to the GD....dunno if it's the same for the Empress?

Tracy, Scott and I would like another, I'm in the same boat as you....we actually decided that we'd start trying again in April. I must be a glutton for punishment! Cman, let's have more babies at the same time ;)

Edited by Happy Bunny

I am pretty excited, btw! But this week is crazy! I had to go to the hospital for diabetic counseling today to learn how to give myself an injection (for the whole of the week that I'm on insulin, lol) Then I had another NST, which they are doing 2x a week until I deliver. Weird thing is, the second one needs to be in the hospital. So I had that today as well. It was kinda cool, because at my doc's, the NST machine is in a room with a ton of old files. Well, boxes of old files, a desk for the machine, and a Lazy Boy chair at a 45 degree angle so that it fits in the room, lolz. So needless to say, it's pretty cramped. However, the chair is the only thing that is comfortable for me lately, so it's not too bad.

The NST today at the hospital was done in the maternity ward...private room, a bed to lay in, tv, the whole nine. But their guidelines are stricter...there needs to be a continuous feed for 30 mins. Nicholas didn't comply, lol...would get me to 20 mins or so, then move completely to the other side. So we'd have to start over! I was exhausted, so I tried to sleep. Needless to say, we had to try 3 different times, by the time they caught the lil guy, I was practically comatose, which then calmed him down enough that HE went to sleep, which was a bad thing cos they needed him to be 'reactive', so it turned out, they just let us both be and waited til he woke up. 2 hours later, they tell me that I'm already having contractions!!! I'm like 'um ok what's that mean?' so they checked my cervix, and luckily, it was closed.

Btw, that was unpleasant. I thought they just had to take a peek down there.

lol I'm such a n00b.

Hmm. I am an ancient 39 years old, and I didn't have weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests at the end! Has your BP been high or? Maybe it just depends on the doctor - and over 35 is technically considered high risk so...maybe mine just doesn't do that unless the mother is having health issues.

It's because of my age. Everything else has been fine and in a normal range...weight gain (me and Limita), sugar levels, at least as indicated by the glucose screen last month, blood pressure... When the NP at my appointment this week was explaining their recommended testing toward the end and I expressed surprise at once-a-week NSTs and ultrasounds, she said, "Yeah, it's like they expect you to just fall apart after age 35." Honestly, it does seem like overkill if age is the only reason. Then again, if Limita decides to be stubborn and maintain her transverse position, it would make me feel better that she'll be so closely monitored.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I hope your MIL's visit is better than mine. The fact that she isn't staying in your house should help. And she doesn't sound like the type to know it all and think you're a bumbling idiot (and more than happy to tell you that as well). I mean mine was just nearly nasty about it. Hurt my feelings to the point I have no desire to ever really talk to her again in a meaningful way. Of course I'll never tell hubby that, but there it is.

I'm so sorry to hear that about your MIL...that must have been an absolute nightmare. My MIL is actually very sweet. She's kinda nutty and extremely excitable (she speaks in a sort of put-on high pitched voice...Jon said she tries to sound like the Duchess of Windsor), and she can be a bossy boots in her own way, but I'm certain that if she got anywhere near that vis-a-vis baby care, Jon would read her the riot act. Fortunately, they have that type of relationship! But overall, I'm grateful. You know, I haven't even though about how my own mother will be. I imagine she'll be cool about stuff, but she's not one to keep opinions to herself either. Hmm...

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

I guess your doc is being overly cautious then - or mine was under cautious! :lol: As long as Limita and you are ok is the only thing that matters anyway. :)

Honestly its kind of depressing about my MIL. I saw some show on TLC where this lady's in laws were leaving after the birth of her baby. She was so sad to see them go, she cried. It would be SO nice to feel that way, really. As it is, I still sit here amazed by how nasty she was before Chas read her the riot act. I can't imagine treating someone like that, let alone someone I supposedly cared about - or at the very least, who just birthed my only grandchild. Even after their argument, I'd see her reacting to something Chas or I did, thinking (I guess) that her face was hidden from view, LOL. Like if we got frustrated with Em, we were just awful people. She may have gotten frustrated, too, if she had actually done something to help - but alas! I know that the nastiness she showed before their big fight is still there - she just hid it to avoid being sent home early. That's why I really have no desire for further interaction. He can talk to her all he wants, but I'm done.

On the flip side - taking Em to my folks' house today, where they AND my sister and niece are dying to see her. :) I hope your mother is like mine has been - no advice or criticism, just happy to have her.

ETA to Lisa - no way I see us trying again by April!! I guess stranger things have happened but I still don't forsee it.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

I guess your doc is being overly cautious then - or mine was under cautious! :lol: As long as Limita and you are ok is the only thing that matters anyway. :)

Honestly its kind of depressing about my MIL. I saw some show on TLC where this lady's in laws were leaving after the birth of her baby. She was so sad to see them go, she cried. It would be SO nice to feel that way, really. As it is, I still sit here amazed by how nasty she was before Chas read her the riot act. I can't imagine treating someone like that, let alone someone I supposedly cared about - or at the very least, who just birthed my only grandchild. Even after their argument, I'd see her reacting to something Chas or I did, thinking (I guess) that her face was hidden from view, LOL. Like if we got frustrated with Em, we were just awful people. She may have gotten frustrated, too, if she had actually done something to help - but alas! I know that the nastiness she showed before their big fight is still there - she just hid it to avoid being sent home early. That's why I really have no desire for further interaction. He can talk to her all he wants, but I'm done.

On the flip side - taking Em to my folks' house today, where they AND my sister and niece are dying to see her. :) I hope your mother is like mine has been - no advice or criticism, just happy to have her.

ETA to Lisa - no way I see us trying again by April!! I guess stranger things have happened but I still don't forsee it.

Hey Tracy, try to keep things in perspective, that's my advice. My ex MIL was by far THE WORST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE. Seriously, she was just the absolute meanest, nastiest piece of work ever. She'd find something to complain about in everything I did. Like, I loved her mom, she was wonderful. The mom was in hospice, very ill and dying any day. Thanksgiving rolled around, and my MIL didn't go see her...hospice was like 50 miles away, and she was all 'oh my mom forbade me to go, she wants me to stay home today'. Anyhoo, I thought to myself 'this is her last T day, and she doesn't deserve to spend it alone' so instead of going to dinner at my parents' house, I packed up dinner, the finest china and crystal I had, tablecloth and all, and we went and brought dinner to her. Italian style too...tons of courses, Sambuca in the coffee at the end, etc. Grandma B loved a little booze, so I thought #######? why the heck not, heh. Instead of this 'you're not allowed' nonsense.

Grandma B had tears in her eyes, and couldn't thank us enough. Told my ex to 'go his own way and worry about his own'. She told me I made her feel truly alive.

When we went to my in laws for coffee afterwards, they asked how dinner was, what we did, etc. I told her we spent it with Grandma B. Instead of thinking 'wow this is nice of this girl to keep my mother company and make her so happy' She then started a phone campaign with the family against me telling them what an awful biotch I was to 'show her up' like that.

This by far actually isn't the worst thing she ever did, but one I can repeat, lol.

Anyways, my point is, it could be a lot worse, lolz. At least Chaz is on your side and she is 4k miles away.

Edited by Happy Bunny

Oh here's another doozy...months after my brain and spinal surgery, I was barely walking on a cane at the time. Her daughter (the other piece of work) who was a drunk and a ####### was put in charge of walking their doberman while they went away for 5 days. MIL asked me to just 'keep an eye out' for her, because although her precious daughter could never ever do wrong, she just wanted to make sure the dog was cared for. Daughter (in her 30s) was living with them, but never came home to take care of the dog, when she was home, she had wild parties with tons of strangers in the house. I wasn't driving at the time, my ex was working, so I'd take a cab over to their house, with my cane, to walk this big 100 lb dog every day. The dog was a sweetheart, so I really did it for him, he was so well trained he refused to pee or poop in the house, he'd sit there and hold it while crying, the poor thing.

I make them a 'welcome home' sign for when they return, and even tidy up the house. My ex wound up telling them I took care of the dog and the house. First thing she says to me 'did you break one of my wine glasses while I was gone????'

I should write a book!!! hahahah

Edited by Happy Bunny

My gosh!! Ok I could have it a lot worse - that's obvious!! Maybe it's just too 'fresh' right now for me to have great perspective. Thanks for making me think about it in another way. I really will take that on board.

Now - what day is your induction again? :)

SA4userbar.jpg

My gosh!! Ok I could have it a lot worse - that's obvious!! Maybe it's just too 'fresh' right now for me to have great perspective. Thanks for making me think about it in another way. I really will take that on board.

Now - what day is your induction again? :)

They haven't set one actually. The next time I see the doc is Wed, he said we'll set the date then, but this week he said he will induce between 38 and 39 weeks, which starts next Wed.

It's not easy to have a perspective on it right away, I can imagine it all is a bit raw for you right now...and I'm sure it's a hell of a disappointment. But you have a good hubby who was not afraid to 'stand up' to his mother for what is right, and that does make all the difference. <3 But yeah, my ex mil was a maniac. Those stories were tame, lol.

Ooh how exciting. Just a few more days and we'll know. :)

Yeah, raw is a good word for it. Feelings hurt and just disappointed and angry - the whole thing. We'll see how I feel about it in a month or so.

BTW I re-read your question on FB about Emily's sleep patterns - my answer wasn't the best! Basically yeah - she would have long periods where I'd wonder 'are you in there?' LOL and then spans where she'd kick and move for a good while. Her inactivity was normally early to mid morning, and she was more active in the afternoons and evenings. Maybe there's something to that...!

SA4userbar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd bump this cuz it looks like Lisa has had tha baaaby!

I met Limita's future pediatrician today. He seems very nice, and the office is pretty close by. The reality of impending mudduh-hood is starting to feel a bit more tangible now that she has her very own doctor...or will. About six weeks to go, and it can't come a moment too soon! Pardon the TMI, but I've started having a sort of generalized crotch/public area ache. Uh...I'm hoping this is normal?

Tracy, how are things going?

K-1

AOS

That's normal. You're fine. :) No need to worry yet.

Just remember.... you'll never love anything as much as that beautiful bundle of joy.... except the epidural.

Please try not to grope the anesthesiologist. :P

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

That's normal. You're fine. :) No need to worry yet.

Just remember.... you'll never love anything as much as that beautiful bundle of joy.... except the epidural.

Please try not to grope the anesthesiologist. :P

I'll try to maintain my dignity, but I'm not ruling anything out! :star:

K-1

AOS

I'm doing great thanks! Emily sleeps through the night so we're happy. :)

I seem to remember some general pain 'down there' towards the end - even some itchiness which didn't seem to be any sort of infection or anything (talk about TMI!). I think yer fine. :D

I'm DYING for an update from Lisa!!!!!!! I mean I know Nicholas is here but I want deets. :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.