choir001

Newbie with questions

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for what to do next.

I am an LPR and have been since May 2004, I am married to a USC, have 3 children and am currently living in China due to my husband's employment.

We basically just discovered that I am eligible under 319b for expedited naturalization, but are still trying to figure out our best plan of action.

We are living in China and will be here for the next 2 years. My DH works for a large US company and we are here on a temporary assignment. We arrived in 2008 and I have a re-entry permit for the US that is valid until Nov 2010. From what I understand, we can file the N400 from China, but I would need to travel to the US for the interview and oath ceremony. Is this correct?

What happens about the biometrics? Can I do them here in China? It seems crazy to travel to the US just to be fingerprinted and then come back to China until the interview a few months later. Since we do not have a residence in the US at the present time, can I choose to have the interview anywhere? I had read that Fairfax, VA was the best option, but since we moved from South Florida, I was hoping to use the field office there (Fort Lauderdale, Miami or Oakland Park) and then I could visit friends and family too.

I still have a lot of research to do, but I was hoping someone could help start me off. Thanks so much.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for what to do next.

I am an LPR and have been since May 2004, I am married to a USC, have 3 children and am currently living in China due to my husband's employment.

We basically just discovered that I am eligible under 319b for expedited naturalization, but are still trying to figure out our best plan of action.

We are living in China and will be here for the next 2 years. My DH works for a large US company and we are here on a temporary assignment. We arrived in 2008 and I have a re-entry permit for the US that is valid until Nov 2010. From what I understand, we can file the N400 from China, but I would need to travel to the US for the interview and oath ceremony. Is this correct?

What happens about the biometrics? Can I do them here in China? It seems crazy to travel to the US just to be fingerprinted and then come back to China until the interview a few months later. Since we do not have a residence in the US at the present time, can I choose to have the interview anywhere? I had read that Fairfax, VA was the best option, but since we moved from South Florida, I was hoping to use the field office there (Fort Lauderdale, Miami or Oakland Park) and then I could visit friends and family too.

I still have a lot of research to do, but I was hoping someone could help start me off. Thanks so much.

hi and welcome to VJ!

Not very familiar with the subject - but did you see this webpage? http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c21634.htm

As for fingerprints, you need to submit a fingerprint card and 2 photos which this website also talks about.

hope this helps

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I do know the medical needs to be performed by a qualified doctor from the USCIS's specific list. Not just any doctor will do. I'm not sure if they have doctors on the list from other countries or US doctors stationed around the world or not. You definatly should check into that and may have to even go as far as some travel (Korea or Japan) maybe to find one that will qualify.

I know Canadians are able to get their medicals from certain doctors in Canada, I just don't know about China though how it works there...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I do know the medical needs to be performed by a qualified doctor from the USCIS's specific list. Not just any doctor will do. I'm not sure if they have doctors on the list from other countries or US doctors stationed around the world or not. You definatly should check into that and may have to even go as far as some travel (Korea or Japan) maybe to find one that will qualify.

I know Canadians are able to get their medicals from certain doctors in Canada, I just don't know about China though how it works there...

WHAT are you talking about and what medical exam? She's talking about NATURALIZATION.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

WHAT are you talking about and what medical exam? She's talking about NATURALIZATION.

yeah yeah wrong post, I was thinking I was in the AOS forum...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for their replies. I am slowly moving forward with my application and hope to have everything ready to go next week. We are using an immigration attorney in the US to help since we are living in China and will be sending all the info in the next couple of days.

I am curious if others who filed under N-400 (319b) used an attorney. To me the process seems pretty straight-forward, but my attorney is erring on the side of caution and crossing every t and dotting every i. Obviously, we don't want to make a mistake, but how often does anyone get denied?

If anyone has advice on which office to apply through for speedy turnaround including same day interview and oath, I would appreciate it. Since we are living outside the US and applying under 319b, we can choose the office we apply to. Would prefer an office that knows what they are doing?

Thanks,

Kim

Thanks everyone for their replies. I am slowly moving forward with my application and hope to have everything ready to go next week. We are using an immigration attorney in the US to help since we are living in China and will be sending all the info in the next couple of days.

I am curious if others who filed under N-400 (319b) used an attorney. To me the process seems pretty straight-forward, but my attorney is erring on the side of caution and crossing every t and dotting every i. Obviously, we don't want to make a mistake, but how often does anyone get denied?

If anyone has advice on which office to apply through for speedy turnaround including same day interview and oath, I would appreciate it. Since we are living outside the US and applying under 319b, we can choose the office we apply to. Would prefer an office that knows what they are doing?

Thanks,

Kim

Fairfax, VA is the office you want. They handle 319(b)s all the time, especially military ones. Also, same day oath, nothing can beat that!

Not sure how much a lawyer can help (except slow down the case) if you have a no-issues case. People are mostly denied for failing to meet the requirements such as USC spouse working abroad for 12 months or more for govt or US company.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

but I would need to travel to the US for the interview and oath ceremony. Is this correct? YES

What happens about the biometrics? Can I do them here in China? YES

If anyone has advice on which office to apply through for speedy turnaround including same day interview and oath - ATLANTA, GA

Hi! I was planning on going through the 319(b) as well since i found out I can do it :)

I was wondering, which address must i send it to by then?

we are in okinawa japan right now

someone told me nebraska, so im confused, where should I be sending the application when we get everything prapared? vermont, nebraska ,fairfax, VA or Atlanta, GA? lol

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.