8 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone! To anyone who happened to experience what I'm going through.. My aos was filed back in sept of 2009 and been transferred to CSC in January 2010. Up to this date whenever i check my case online, it still says "initial review". It's going to be 5months and still no changes. Has anyone here wrote their congressman for help? Did the really helped something? And as for writing, can somebody help me about what to tell them and do I have to indicate CSC or just USCIS for the agency the issue involves?

Is there anyone here who has been waiting as long as me? What's up with CSC?It's just so frustrating to hear others who applied later getting approval in a matter of 3 months. I guess they have loads of luck in them.I wish I have some too.. I can't help but wish my case wasn't transferred and just got an interview if I knew its going to take forever..Is my case still on timeline of aos processing? Everyone's answers will be much appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi to everyone! To anyone who happened to experience what I'm going through.. My aos was filed back in sept of 2009 and been transferred to CSC in January 2010. Up to this date whenever i check my case online, it still says "initial review". It's going to be 5months and still no changes. Has anyone here wrote their congressman for help? Did the really helped something? And as for writing, can somebody help me about what to tell them and do I have to indicate CSC or just USCIS for the agency the issue involves?

Is there anyone here who has been waiting as long as me? What's up with CSC?It's just so frustrating to hear others who applied later getting approval in a matter of 3 months. I guess they have loads of luck in them.I wish I have some too.. I can't help but wish my case wasn't transferred and just got an interview if I knew its going to take forever..Is my case still on timeline of aos processing? Everyone's answers will be much appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

I just want to first encourage you to have faith, God always work it out. I can hear the frustration in the tone of your letter, and to let you know that depends on what kind of aos you file it can take up to two years, your i130 is usually 6 month max. This is my thoughts to you stop checking the online status and either make an infopass appt, or call the customer service # when ask to enter your receipt bypass that option and hit 3 which will take you to a live rep ask to speak with a supervisor or to be transfered to the csc office, they are usually ok with it just express yourself like you did in your letter above. remember the 1800 # then 1 then 2 then 3 and have your receipt # ready and also be prepared to answer question. My aos was ready for interview in 3 months of submission and if it was me who was waiting that long I would be worried too. keep the faith God always make a way and I hope this bit of info help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes it does seem to take a while. Although my AOS was several years ago, my application was transferred in September of that year - I had to redo biometrics in February the following year and my green card was approved in May of the following year - 21 months in total since I applied and 8 months after my transfer to CSC. You could make an infopass appointment and see if speaking to an actual immigration officer helps shake things loose or you could contact your Congressman's or Senator's office and ask them to find out if there is any reason for the delay. You can generally download the permission form that government representatives require you to submit to them from their websites. You may also be able to fax it back to them instead of sending it by mail, then do a follow up phone call to ensure they received it. That is what I did for my Removal of Conditions application and it did seem to help as my approval came very shortly afterwards.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I just want to first encourage you to have faith, God always work it out. I can hear the frustration in the tone of your letter, and to let you know that depends on what kind of aos you file it can take up to two years, your i130 is usually 6 month max. This is my thoughts to you stop checking the online status and either make an infopass appt, or call the customer service # when ask to enter your receipt bypass that option and hit 3 which will take you to a live rep ask to speak with a supervisor or to be transfered to the csc office, they are usually ok with it just express yourself like you did in your letter above. remember the 1800 # then 1 then 2 then 3 and have your receipt # ready and also be prepared to answer question. My aos was ready for interview in 3 months of submission and if it was me who was waiting that long I would be worried too. keep the faith God always make a way and I hope this bit of info help.

I applied for aos based on marriage..i came here with K1 visa and got married before 3months.thank you for the encouragement. I'm trying to be patient, its just its really hard. I try not to compare mine to others too but I just cant help but wonder why mine have to be like that. I even know people from california who got married by paying military people to marry them and even get to pick the date when they want to be interviewed but mine is a real relationship but this is what I get.

Hi, mine was filed in chicago on November 25, 2009 then it was transferred to california service center on december 23, 2009. exactly 6 months when i called the customer service line and they told me my application is outside of processing time then they gave me a service id number and told me to wait within 5 days for a letter for me to received from them to tell me about whats going on about my application, then it was over then i called again they told me to wait 45 days for them to process my application, and i cant wait that long, so now i already made the infopass and i will have to talk to immigration officer on June 17 in louisville field office because i want them to give me a details and whats really happening.

it sound unfair for those who wait for almost 6 months and keep us waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi there, if you read my timeline and my posts you will see what I went through. At this point, checking your status online is not helpful. You need to schedule an Infopass with your local office to follow up on your case. Also, I encourage you to write to your senator, they WILl inquire about your case. Simply describe your case and make sure you include your case number in your letter. Good luck!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Hi there, if you read my timeline and my posts you will see what I went through. At this point, checking your status online is not helpful. You need to schedule an Infopass with your local office to follow up on your case. Also, I encourage you to write to your senator, they WILl inquire about your case. Simply describe your case and make sure you include your case number in your letter. Good luck!

hi, i would like to know how to write a senator, where to find that? any website?

thank you, im still thinking about my aos...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

hi, i would like to know how to write a senator, where to find that? any website?

thank you, im still thinking about my aos...

Google senators in your state of residence. That's what I did. then you will probably be able to access their own web page and you might see an option to email the senator directly using their website. Every senator has a person in charge with immigration issues and that particular person will follow up on your case, not the senator.

Good luck!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.