Gary and Alla

Top Shot

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

New episode tonight at 10:00. Supposed to be pistols this time. We'll see if "the sights were messed up" again this time.

so it will be on Hulu tomorrow and I will skip the "reality show" BS and get to the shootin'.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got bored yesterday and decided to watch the first episode on Hulu. I'm not much of a shooter (I would like to be but presently don't have the time or money) but also not really a survivor fan. I didn't see much wrong with the obstacle course other than the fact that they wanted to make sure that the competition came down to shooting so they made the obstacles simple enough that everyone passed without much trouble. On the other hand, it might wind them a little which makes it a little harder to shoot accurately.

The survivor stuff, like living together and the interviews, were somewhat annoying and boring.

In any case, it seemed that the guy who got eliminated just wasn't on the same level. Maybe he just got flustered but that's part of the game. Otherwise, it seemed the rest of them hit the targets within two shots, although a lot of the red team hasn't even shot yet.

I didn't see much wrong with the obstacle course other than the fact that they wanted to make sure that the competition came down to shooting so they made the obstacles simple enough that everyone passed without much trouble. On the other hand, it might wind them a little which makes it a little harder to shoot accurately.

The problem wasn't with the obstacles it was the fact that they were supposed to make incredibly easy shots with wonderfully accurate rifles at super short distances and the obstacles were there to "make it harder" for them to do so. The obstacles, if you want to call them that, shouldn't have added any difficulty at all considering the degree of difficulty for the shots required was about a 1/2 on a scale of 10.

Episode 2 was on last night. While I'm not big on pistols, it seemed the "challenge" was a bit more challenging. It was a lot more Survivorish than the previous episode but the competition was more difficult too. Plus, the zipline drive-by head-to-head challenge at the end was pretty neat. I didn't really notice any glaring errors in this episode and, once again, they presented firearms in a positive light so that was good. I'm actually really looking forward to next week when they use the longbow. Now that's a weapon!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The problem wasn't with the obstacles it was the fact that they were supposed to make incredibly easy shots with wonderfully accurate rifles at super short distances and the obstacles were there to "make it harder" for them to do so. The obstacles, if you want to call them that, shouldn't have added any difficulty at all considering the degree of difficulty for the shots required was about a 1/2 on a scale of 10.

Episode 2 was on last night. While I'm not big on pistols, it seemed the "challenge" was a bit more challenging. It was a lot more Survivorish than the previous episode but the competition was more difficult too. Plus, the zipline drive-by head-to-head challenge at the end was pretty neat. I didn't really notice any glaring errors in this episode and, once again, they presented firearms in a positive light so that was good. I'm actually really looking forward to next week when they use the longbow. Now that's a weapon!

I'll catch it on Hulu when ti get the chance. The longbow...ah, yes. The weapon I want ALL my enemies armed with.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm thinking that during one of those head to head challenges someone is going to shoot themselves. Especially with a pistol. I think it'd be "safe" if you were under your own power i.e walking/running. Flying down a zip line with targets on both sides?? lol

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

I thought one guy was dangerously close to shooting himself in the knee.

Safe or not, that looked pretty fun!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

:rofl:

Slim will trade fun for safety anyday!

Gary And Alla

Slim will trade fun for safety anyday!

It's almost impossible to be 100% safe when doing anything other than shooting straight across an established firing line from a static position. Once you move around - especially if you're changing the angle to the target - safety starts to decrease and the probability of hitting yourself or someone else starts to increase.

It is still possible to be "safe" while doing movement and team drills, etc., it's just always going to be "less safe" than sitting there shooting across the line. While I'm all for safety, I believe there has to be some "fun" involved and there should also be some real world simulation to shooting as well. Not many folks shoot from a seated zip-line, but, quite a few shoot from a moving vehicle. And for TV's sake, that zip-line was a lot cooler than an old LTD.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you heard of, or seen IPSC/USPSA? THAT is fun! Been doing it for 3 years

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Have you heard of, or seen IPSC/USPSA? THAT is fun! Been doing it for 3 years

Of course! I have quite a few buddies that do it, and yes, it looks pretty fun.

Personally, I'm just not that into pistol shooting. To me, if I need to work at that range and hit multiple targets, that's why God invented a pump-action 12ga. Sorry to be biased, but I'm one of those "pistols are a sidearm" kind of guy and my pistol only rates slightly higher than my tomahawk when it comes to doing work up close.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Of course! I have quite a few buddies that do it, and yes, it looks pretty fun.

Personally, I'm just not that into pistol shooting. To me, if I need to work at that range and hit multiple targets, that's why God invented a pump-action 12ga. Sorry to be biased, but I'm one of those "pistols are a sidearm" kind of guy and my pistol only rates slightly higher than my tomahawk when it comes to doing work up close.

But you don't want to destroy the targets, just put a couple holes in them! Also, there's 3 gun you can do.

I do enjoy long range rifle shooting, but running & gunning with a pistol hitting targets that are up close to 40-50 yards away, steel, swinging/disappearing targets is the most fun you could have with your clothes on!! :D

But you don't want to destroy the targets, just put a couple holes in them!

No, I'm pretty much in the "if it's worth shooting, it's worth destroying" camp.

Also, there's 3 gun you can do.

I guess I'm kind of weird in that shooting for me is kind of like drinking - I don't need a game to do it. It always baffled me to see people at bars playing darts or pool or Golden Tee or whatever so they could "occupy their time" while they drank. If I'm going to drink, I can drink without all the shenanigans. Same goes for shooting. If I want to shoot, I shoot.

While all those games look fun and are exciting to participate in, they're about as bassackward as you can get when it comes to solid tactical fundamentals. Sure, you get really good at hitting targets at varying distances but what you're actually doing is training yourself bad habits. It's important to remember that bullets are only going in one direction during those events.

the most fun you could have with your clothes on!! :D

Have you ever heard of Tannerite?

Русский форум член.

Timeline

No, I'm pretty much in the "if it's worth shooting, it's worth destroying" camp.

I guess I'm kind of weird in that shooting for me is kind of like drinking - I don't need a game to do it. It always baffled me to see people at bars playing darts or pool or Golden Tee or whatever so they could "occupy their time" while they drank. If I'm going to drink, I can drink without all the shenanigans. Same goes for shooting. If I want to shoot, I shoot.

While all those games look fun and are exciting to participate in, they're about as bassackward as you can get when it comes to solid tactical fundamentals. Sure, you get really good at hitting targets at varying distances but what you're actually doing is training yourself bad habits. It's important to remember that bullets are only going in one direction during those events.

Have you ever heard of Tannerite?

I, along with most people go out & shoot for the fun & sport of it. Sure there can be "life scenarios" as in starting laying down on a "couch" while your gun is on a nearby table....but in no way do I expect this to be training for real life.

Tannerite...yea. I haven't seen it in real life though.

I, along with most people go out & shoot for the fun & sport of it. Sure there can be "life scenarios" as in starting laying down on a "couch" while your gun is on a nearby table....but in no way do I expect this to be training for real life.

See, I've always been backwards from that where guns for me = real life training or hunting. While I'm all for IPSC and the like, I'd be a lot more comfortable if the "fun and sports" shooters were trained first and had fun later.

It just seems to me that when the antis start jumping on us they like to say "it's OK to shoot guns as long as you're playing games or going duck hunting" and what I typically see is folks from the "fun" crowd not necessarily disagreeing with that. I've heard way too many IPSC and sporting clays folks say, "Oh, well there's no need for us to have an AK-47 in our house." It's like they just don't understand the connection between giving an inch and having a whole mile swept out from under us.

Not saying that's you or your crowd, just saying I've seen it from the IPSC crowd.

Tannerite...yea. I haven't seen it in real life though.

You don't know what you're missing!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37942594

Русский форум член.

Timeline

See, I've always been backwards from that where guns for me = real life training or hunting. While I'm all for IPSC and the like, I'd be a lot more comfortable if the "fun and sports" shooters were trained first and had fun later.

It just seems to me that when the antis start jumping on us they like to say "it's OK to shoot guns as long as you're playing games or going duck hunting" and what I typically see is folks from the "fun" crowd not necessarily disagreeing with that. I've heard way too many IPSC and sporting clays folks say, "Oh, well there's no need for us to have an AK-47 in our house." It's like they just don't understand the connection between giving an inch and having a whole mile swept out from under us.

Not saying that's you or your crowd, just saying I've seen it from the IPSC crowd.

You don't know what you're missing!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37942594

No, I agree with you with being able to own any kind of firearm. I'm not biased just because I shoot mainly pistol & rifle.

I want to try that one day! Is that you? :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.