Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess one extreme to the other is not any better either. How old is your nephew? Hopefully they will soften up some and let him be exposed to other kids. Its not like ppl are asking them to leave him with strangers.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

My husband went to daycare as a kid and he turned out just fine. I'm not opposed to putting kids in daycare, but a newborn baby? Not so much. It's hard for us because we don't have our families around to help out. I know if I had a baby and my mother lived in the same city, she would be more than willing to watch him/her. She was a stay at home mom while I was growing up, and I think she misses having a full nest.

I just think it's unfair that you either need to accept 8 weeks and go back to work and leave a newborn with a stranger, or you are forced to quit your job and give up on everything you were working for.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I'm mostly just so opposed to it because when I was a baby I spent a lot of time at my grandmothers house. So much in fact, that I called my Aunt(who lived there too) "Mommy" first. That would absolutely crush me if my child were to call someone else mommy before me.

Daycares aren't all that bad. There's some around here that have a webcam set up so that mommy can go to the website and view whats going on there any time of day. I think that's really neat and useful, especially if you sense that something is amiss. However, a newborn should never be put in a daycare. I don't know how some of these women do it. They're stronger than me, and I don't even have a child!

I highly suspect that we wont have to worry about the daycare issue. Between his mom and my mom I'm sure that grandma will be there to save the day whenever it's needed, and sometimes when it's not! My mom is obsessed with bathing babies, and is very proud to tell people that I NEVER had a diaper rash, lol. My 15 month old cousin actually walks to the bathtub whenever she goes to see him. He knows whats about to happen! :P

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

I think daycare is ok for a child over the age of 2, or maybe even 1-2, but that first year, no... SO many changes happening with the baby, and so much bonding that needs to happen... Not to mention if you choose to breastfeed... I just couldn't imagine not being there with my baby. 8, or even 12 weeks, goes by SO FAST. Also, here in the U.S. we ONLY have my husband's parents nearby us... everyone else in his family I haven't even met, and are all scattered around (and frankly, old). But in Canada, I have a large family, and 90% within an hour or two drive of each other. We're not looking to have kids for 3-5 years though, so I figure that's perfect to get citizenship in time and be able to be back in Canada for baby time. lol Who knows though. Things could change.

Also, I'm nearly certain I heard that the hours you work in the U.S. can also count towards your EI eligibility. (but maternity could be different)

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

I'm becoming such a good homemaker/housewife.

So far this summer I've frozen: yellow beans, turnips, corn, ground cherries, green beans, summer squash, zucchini, eggplant and watermelon. I've also made 2 different types of jam and sour cherry pie.

So far I've canned: homemade sauerkraut, pickled beets, salsa, pickled carrots and peaches. Today I'm canning pickles, marinated roasted red peppers and stewed tomatoes. :D

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! You ARE a good wife! :) That sounds like a lot of fun. Good on you and it sounds like you're enjoying it.

So far this summer I've frozen: yellow beans, turnips, corn, ground cherries, green beans, summer squash, zucchini, eggplant and watermelon. I've also made 2 different types of jam and sour cherry pie.

So far I've canned: homemade sauerkraut, pickled beets, salsa, pickled carrots and peaches. Today I'm canning pickles, marinated roasted red peppers and stewed tomatoes. :D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

those are things that i want to start trying to do as well, however the startup costs for the bottles salt etc for pickling is a bit pricey :( and omg i would love some homeade jams and yogurts..my mom used to make those when i was a kid.

HWDWm6.png

those are things that i want to start trying to do as well, however the startup costs for the bottles salt etc for pickling is a bit pricey :( and omg i would love some homeade jams and yogurts..my mom used to make those when i was a kid.

Check out craigslist and see if people are selling their canning supplies. You might find some for cheap!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Really? Or did you forget the [/sarcasm] tag?

Craigslist is filled with coded adds. You'll see a lot of "Friend of 420" adds on the personal section which means "i'm selling pot". With the employment adds for under minimum wage, who else is going to work for under minimum wage?

no tags forgotten - i was not aware there was that sorta thing on craigslist. learn something new every day around here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

IF (that's a big IF) I ended up pregnant, there is no way I'd stay here. I'd move back home. I had my son in Montessori (AKA glorified daycare) from age 3 and he turned out fine, but I couldn't imagine dropping a newborn off at a daycare or with anyone for that matter. That first year is extremely important for bonding and everything else. There's a girl I work with who came back to work two and a half weeks after having a baby. Your body takes AT LEAST 6 weeks to heal... crazy. To each is their own but I was still in awe.

Donne moi une poptart!

If we have a baby here, I'm thinking of using my grandfather's inheritance money to have my own maternity pay whilst staying home with him/her. I probably will be looking for a new job once I'm done, but I'm not putting my newborn in daycare. The job I'm going for gives 12 weeks off but it's all unpaid.

Timeline

12 weeks... Yea I agree, no thanks.

I am not a fan of the value system of work first and family and home life second. Family first always.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Agreed... work should never be first. That's why people get so miserable. :lol:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sweet! I just got a phone call and answered the trivia quiz to win tickets to The Late Show with David Letterman next week when we're in New York City! :dance:

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.